Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Haarberg (1 Viewer)

Herbie

Quarterback
passing stats in 7 starts
835 yards
146attempts
74 completions
6 tds
6 ints

Stats on completions over 20 yards
14 completions (18%)
478 yards(57%)
3 tds (50%)
Essentially 50% if his passing stats have came on 14 completions

Stats without completions over 20 yards
357 yards
132 attempts
60 completions
3 ints
6 ints

2.7 yards per attempt ROFL

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
passing stats in 7 starts
835 yards
146attempts
74 completions
6 tds
6 ints

Stats on completions over 20 yards
14 completions (18%)
478 yards(57%)
3 tds (50%)
Essentially 50% if his passing stats have came on 14 completions

Stats without completions over 20 yards
357 yards
132 attempts
60 completions
3 ints
6 ints

2.7 yards per attempt ROFL
Minnesota Vikings Football GIF

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm starting to think Scott Frost and Harry Potter weren't the best evaluators of QB talent
I can say I never met one of HH’s opposing team’s coaches in high school or people from Kearney Catholic who thought HH would ever get on the field at Nebraska as a qb. I wish they would have been right.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I'm starting to think Scott Frost and Harry Potter weren't the best evaluators of QB talent
Him and Luke were fine to take as commits. Both are NFL quality athletes(HH as a TE and Luke as a WR). I am not even against taking a QB like them, but they should NEVER have been the only QB in the class unless your room is loaded which ours wasn't.

Herbie

Quarterback
Him and Luke were fine to take as commits. Both are NFL quality athletes(HH as a TE and Luke as a WR). I am not even against taking a QB like them, but they should NEVER have been the only QB in the class unless your room is loaded which ours wasn't.
How I imagine ab recruiting went under frost
1. YAY MARTINEZ
2. Luke McCaffery - doesn’t matter we have Martinez he’ll ride the bench for 3 years
3 Logan Smothers - the real replacement for martibez
4. Harberg - doesn’t matter we still have Martinez and smothers.
5. Fuck it lets take Torres
6. Fuck it it doesn’t matter we are actually getting fired this time.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Looks like he started as a backup and the starter got benched/hurt when they were down 24-7 to McNeese State. In the 2nd half Torres threw for 161 yds and 3 TDs in one half for a come back win.

Completing 62% of his passes 6 TDs and 0 Turnovers

Stats on lower level competition don't really translate. Having said that he couldn't be worse. He has a big arm doesn't he?

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Ranking of all QB in P5 this season on pass attempts at 20+ yards (146 QBs in P5 have attempted a pass greater tha 20 yards thios season)

1699196400572.png

1699196476754.png

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
IMO the logical portal target is a guy like Kienholz - young guy, highly regarded out of HS, nothing to suggest his current team doesn't like him, just stuck in a logjam, has some kind of connection to Nebraska, and enough years left to be willing to consider a place based on how it might look two years from now.

A proven guy won't be here long, and will take some time to settle into a new system. There will be tons of competition for a proven above average P5 starter (who would be likely to want to go to a team with a chance to win big immediately if he goes there).

If it is a just average FBS QB who will be here 1-2 years, there's a good argument it's better to get a high potential young guy and use the snaps to develop him.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
IMO the logical portal target is a guy like Kienholz - young guy, highly regarded out of HS, nothing to suggest his current team doesn't like him, just stuck in a logjam, has some kind of connection to Nebraska, and enough years left to be willing to consider a place based on how it might look two years from now.

A proven guy won't be here long, and will take some time to settle into a new system. There will be tons of competition for a proven above average P5 starter (who would be likely to want to go to a team with a chance to win big immediately if he goes there).

If it is a just average FBS QB who will be here 1-2 years, there's a good argument it's better to get a high potential young guy and use the snaps to develop him.
Kienholz is also the beneficiary of high-level development/coaching within the OSU system. Odds are he’s leaving OSU a better QB than when he got there—can’t really say that about many recent DONU QBs.

Toe

Wide Receiver
And that even though he sucked as OC, maybe Whipple wasn’t wrong about HH as a QB.

Whipple is the reason we have Purdy on the roster, who is apparently even worse than Haarberg.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds