Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Haarberg (3 Viewers)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Need to throw some money in the portal this year for a QB, RB, and WRs. It’s pretty well-established you can find those things every year if you’re willing to spend the money on them.

We just spent 160m on a facility and are attempting to raise 250m for a new stadium. Hopefully we don’t have competing financial interests this off-season.
QB is tougher than RB and WR but yes we should get all 3 in the portal. I can't imagine the plan is to start Danny as a true Frosh.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
QB is tougher than RB and WR but yes we should get all 3 in the portal. I can't imagine the plan is to start Danny as a true Frosh.
It also comes down to your OC. Are some productive or highly skilled qbs going to want to play on his offense? His track record isn’t great as an OC.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider

It also comes down to your OC. Are some productive or highly skilled qbs going to want to play on his offense? His track record isn’t great as an OC.

I’d love to see us give Satterfield the Co-OC/TEs coach and add an OC/QBs coach this offseason and find a high level one that comes attached to a QB.

A man can dream….

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Satterfield has 6 years as OC.

Temple
2013 - Clinton Granger
2014-15 - PJ Walker
S Carolina
2021 - ended up the grad assistant after the first two got hurt
2022 - Rattler
Nebraska
2023 - Sims/Haarberg

PJ had most of the school records for Temple at the time.

Here's Rattlers stats for 2022. He was up and down. Everyone talks like he played great the last 3 games and terrible before that. Wasn't really the case. He had a fantastic game against Tennessee.

Screenshot_20231008_201359_Chrome.jpg

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Satterfield has 6 years as OC.

Temple
2013 - Clinton Granger
2014-15 - PJ Walker
S Carolina
2021 - ended up the grad assistant after the first two got hurt
2022 - Rattler
Nebraska
2023 - Sims/Haarberg

PJ had most of the school records for Temple at the time.

Here's Rattlers stats for 2022. He was up and down. Everyone talks like he played great the last 3 games and terrible before that. Wasn't really the case. He had a fantastic game against Tennessee.

View attachment 28432
His track record is nothing great in the power 5. His time at Temple isn’t going to sell anyone.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
What do the loonys who want Sims back in see? What is the mysterious "upside" they talk about? Is it the INTs? The fumblels? The looses? What am I missing on this "upside"?

I think he’s got a great arm (despite shit mechanics that are more worrisome than HH’s) and tremendous athletic ability. He did fit some throws into some tight windows in the Minnesota game.

What he could POTENTIALLY bring to the table is drastically outweighed for me by what he’s shown in games. I don’t think he’s void of talent or upside. I do believe he’s not to be trusted in a game. I hope he makes good on some opportunities down the stretch because I do think we’ll need him.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think he’s got a great arm (despite shit mechanics that are more worrisome than HH’s) and tremendous athletic ability. He did fit some throws into some tight windows in the Minnesota game.

What he could POTENTIALLY bring to the table is drastically outweighed for me by what he’s shown in games. I don’t think he’s void of talent or upside. I do believe he’s not to be trusted in a game. I hope he makes good on some opportunities down the stretch because I do think we’ll need him.
True this might be the first time you and I have agreed on anything lol

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
What do the loonys who want Sims back in see? What is the mysterious "upside" they talk about? Is it the INTs? The fumblels? The looses? What am I missing on this "upside"?
Optimistically the ability to throw the forward pass. He can throw if his decision making is better than the first two games.

Haarberg can't throw.

I'm not really on team Sims exactly. I'm on team Haarberg until he inevitably starts turning it over at the same pace as Sims.

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG

I'll take Hs for the year gbr

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
It’s simple for me. Who has the better talent is obvious. Put him back in and if he F’s it up take him out. The things people are willing to ignore and justify from HH is hilarious to me. The upside is clearly with sims. We aren’t making a bowl with HH.
Our schedule is weak enough that 6 wins could come with either one of them at the helm imo. Ultimately, I still think we will need both. Haarberg was banged up at the end of the Illinois game, visibly limping. We are going to run the QB enough that we will need each of them contributing to finish the season with 3 more wins.

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Need to throw some money in the portal this year for a QB, RB, and WRs. It’s pretty well-established you can find those things every year if you’re willing to spend the money on them.

We just spent 160m on a facility and are attempting to raise 250m for a new stadium. Hopefully we don’t have competing financial interests this off-season.
... and LT

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sims' talent isn't going to win us games, at least not this year with this offense.

With the remaining schedule, with our defense, the answer to who should play QB is who is going to turn the ball over the least. If we don't turn the ball over and score 2 to 3 TDs, we are going to win a lot of the remaining games.

We don't need to play the QB who is the most talented, we need to play the QB who will fuck up the least, currently that is Haarberg, but not by much.
If it’s not by much why wouldn’t you play the other guy then?

And i disagree. His talent could absolutely win us games. He’s talented. I’m not saying he’s good I’m just sayin he’s talented. The HH defenders hate that.

We left so many points out there the last game. We won so everyone will overlook a lot of things but we ain’t getting away with that week to week, easy schedule or not.

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
If it’s not by much why wouldn’t you play the other guy then?

And i disagree. His talent could absolutely win us games. He’s talented. I’m not saying he’s good I’m just sayin he’s talented. The HH defenders hate that.

We left so many points out there the last game. We won so everyone will overlook a lot of things but we ain’t getting away with that week to week, easy schedule or not.

Was Hs the one fumbling inside the 20?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds