Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Haarberg (2 Viewers)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Too bad Chubba isn't a tenth as good as his brother is right now.
I have said, I wanted to see him this year because all the talk I was hearing was how improved he was. Was told the success his brother was having woke him up to what was possible and he was dialed in all off season.

He was QB2, but was injured to start the year.

Milo-of-Croton

Cornerback
Elite Member
If Haarberg would completely commit to changing his form and footwork, it can be done. You have to retrain muscles and the mind. But if he is not committed it would screw him up. He would be worse Long term if he wasn’t committed to it..

Two years ago Haarberg may have gotten some coaching, but last year Haarberg was completely ignored and there was no development whatsoever. This year he is thrown to the wolves. I like Haarberg for his toughness and maximum effort.on every play…but he is not a long term answer to the QB position, in my opinion. If Sims is not the answer we need to hit the portal.

Regardless, I will always be a fan of Haarberg because he is giving it his best shot. I have always liked players like that.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
with HH's limitations we are going to struggle against any decent defensive team. Not many more "Rock Fights" that we can win. Maybe Cockeye. Hard to win games when you can't score points. I want to be hard on OC Sat but difficult for me to pass judgement when he inherited a shit show and right now is starting what was our 3rd string QB, 3rd string RB plus is missing 3 of the top 4 WR's from the start of fall camp. But at least our O Line still sucks
Biggest thing I have on Satterfield...
  • Why did we pick an 8-18 QB who leads football in turnovers to lead this team when your offense is historically bad at turnovers?
    • There is something systemically wrong with how he gets offenses ready. His teams are bottom of the barrel when it comes to turnovers with him at OC.
  • Why didn't we get a RB when Ajay hit the portal? I think we all knew it was likely after that video emerged of him quitting in that drill.
  • Why did we sign a 4X100 team vs actual WRs? Would have been nice to have another good WR from the portal knowing that IGC and Betts already quit on the team once so the probability was high they would do it again.
  • Play calling is atrocious.
    • Minnesota game. Rushing for 8yds a carry the drive going into the end of the 3rd and beginning of the 4th. Next drive deep pass to your backup CB, RPO pass and another pass that is a check down. Why when your HC says "we want 75 yards rushing in the 4th" and your QB is struggling do you do something like that? Why not run the ball at least once?
    • Going into half of the Illinois game. You get 1 first down and given that we have Tom Brady at QB we thought we would be overly aggressive and start to air it out. Problem is we don't have Tom Brady. We have food stamp version of Tim Tebow. Where was QB draw? Counter OH? etc... plays that would have been explosive vs Illinois, but had a low floor if something went wrong. No we almost throw a pick on 3 consecutive passes.
Those are just two of the more egregious ones I can think of.

I get they are in a tough spot, but there was plenty they could have done to mi minimize it. I am not expecting a top 40 offense, but we are making this harder than it needs to be.

Satterfield is the 6th highest paid OC in college football right now as well. I would expect more.

Last edited:

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
This is it right here. The cold hard truth is in that last sentence. You don’t have to like it, but there it is.
I'd love to see some data on % of bad throws by each QB before I agree with you and Stan.

@Carm does PFF track "bad throws"? I worry it's only a matter of time before HH's luck runs out and his bad throws turn into picks.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'd love to see some data on % of bad throws by each QB before I agree with you and Stan.

@Carm does PFF track "bad throws"? I worry it's only a matter of time before HH's luck runs out and his bad throws turn into picks.
The closest thing is how many great throws the guy makes (BTT) and how may plays had a high turnover risk (TWP). This is HH for the season to date

1696879045190.png
1696879184086.png

1696879139645.png

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Offended!
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG

Both of their percentages would be pretty awful I'd bet. More of HH passes have just been dropped. Again, don't have to be happy about it...just is what it is right now.

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
HH's deeps throw percentages stand out in a very negative way compared to everyone else, but we knew that would be the case.
That info was perfect, thank you.

So... let's make Net Luck a stat. INTs vs. Turnover Worthy Passes (TWP). 0 is neutral. Anything positive means you're lucky. Anything negative means you're unlucky. Fair logic?

Sims has 4 INT and 4 TWP. His Net Luck is 0
HH has 2 INT and 6 TWP. His Net Luck is +4

Of the top 10 QBs you listed...

QBINTTWPNet Luck
Sanders26+4
Card56+1
Tago57+2
Klubnik28+6
Morris410+6
Beck32-1
Gabriel28+6
Smith37+4
King67+1
Altmeyere86-2

I'd love to see the data of every QB and get a bigger sample, but this is great to bookmark and check back on at the end of the year. The best QB's also seems to be the luckiest. Will everyone gravitate closer to zero or do some guys just stay lucky? I wonder if Beck and Altmeyer will look better to the naked eye in the 2nd half simply because their luck starts to balance out? Similarly, maybe Klubnik and Morris and Gabriel will look worse? And what's it say for HH?

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
That info was perfect, thank you.

So... let's make Net Luck a stat. INTs vs. Turnover Worthy Passes (TWP). 0 is neutral. Anything positive means you're lucky. Anything negative means you're unlucky. Fair logic?

Sims has 4 INT and 4 TWP. His Net Luck is 0
HH has 2 INT and 6 TWP. His Net Luck is +4

Of the top 10 QBs you listed...

QBINTTWPNet Luck
Sanders26+4
Card56+1
Tago57+2
Klubnik28+6
Morris410+6
Beck32-1
Gabriel28+6
Smith37+4
King67+1
Altmeyere86-2

I'd love to see the data of every QB and get a bigger sample, but this is great to bookmark and check back on at the end of the year. The best QB's also seems to be the luckiest. Will everyone gravitate closer to zero or do some guys just stay lucky? I wonder if Beck and Altmeyer will look better to the naked eye in the 2nd half simply because their luck starts to balance out? Similarly, maybe Klubnik and Morris and Gabriel will look worse? And what's it say for HH?
Just eyeballing the 2023 stats sorted by most to least INTs, it seems to be very rare to have more INTs than TWPs. The norm is a positive luck number for sure. If you want I can PM the stats for the top 86 (using 86 because Sims is 86th in attempts in P5).

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Maybe Nebraska should quit recruiting Nebraska HS QBs all together if HH is so bad at QB. But the thing is, the homers get mad if you don’t offer the locals and wonder why Nebraska football sucks so bad. A P5 school should have at least 3 to 4 quality scholarship QBs on the roster and the last time Nebraska had anything similar was near the end of Riley’s tenure with T Lee, the Polish Hammer, and Gebbia, who all left when Frosty was hired. We should never have guys like Ryker Fyfe, Ron Kellog, Andrew Bunch or Hamburlger starting as QB if the roster is managed correctly. Let’s hope this Kaelin is good and doesn’t turn out to be a dud like every other Neb HS QB that plays at the college level. No point in bitching about HH now with the season is half way over. He is who he is.

Papa...Football

3rd Gen Teller of Bad Dad Jokes
Elite Member
I get this is a message board, but my god some of you are just miserable sons of bitches that continuously beat a dead horse!

Our QB room sucks, yes, but it isnt changing this season.

Our OC has a poor history, we’re shown, but it ain’t changing this season either. Some constantly bash him (and even blame him for turnovers), and in the next breath bemoan our RB, WR, OL and QB rooms.

We’re down to QB2, RB3 &. 4, WR3-4-5, and still the same shitty OL. The dude, no matter how bad he may be, doesn’t have a lot of tools at his disposal this year.

But you know what, Satt, White, and Rhule might just take us to a bowl if we keep playing B1G West sloppy football and limit turnovers and play stifling D, which is what they’ve recently done.

They can only play the cards that they have this season, no matter how the cards were dealt.

GBR!

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

I still think it helps catch the defense off guard with HH’s shitty throwing motion and ugly passes. Sims on the other hand threw nice passes to our guys and theirs.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds