Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Garret McGuire WR Coach (1 Viewer)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Rhule's staff is going to have to figure out how to own that inexperience and convince recruits that they're better off in Lincoln than elsewhere. He's taken some big gambles on the staff and it seems implausible that all of them hit
Outside the coordinator hires most of these guys should be cheap, but I’m sure Nebraska will over pay.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Outside the coordinator hires most of these guys should be cheap, but I’m sure Nebraska will over pay.
Will be interesting to see what salaries are and if they've saved some money for raises in the future

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Will be interesting to see what salaries are and if they've saved some money for raises in the future
Yea, seriously outside of the two coordinators I don’t see any of the other assistants worth spending big money on until they prove it.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member

Based on the hires we made I doubt we get too close to the $7 million threshold.

I get the feeling we were going to pay Mickey and Peetz pretty handsomely but those plans didn’t pan out.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Based on the hires we made I doubt we get too close to the $7 million threshold.

I get the feeling we were going to pay Mickey and Peetz pretty handsomely but those plans didn’t pan out.
I think he budgeted for Mickey and Elijah Robinson and/or a Godfather offer to the Georgia co-DC.

It didn't work out that way, but yolo I guess

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Why’s that?

I feel like Rhule was going to keep him on board if Mickey decided to stay/didn’t get a HC job. Obviously that whole situation went way off the rails.
He was fine with getting rid of the rest of the assistants. In my mind he kept Raiola for his nephew. I also forgot who posted it in the Mickey thread, but Mickey was telling people he wasn’t getting retained.

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
Half of this staff looks like plan B (or worse) guys:

Peetz dropping out gives you Wager
Raiola not out on the recruiting trail immediately means they were looking at others
Tony White says talks were last minute and deal came together quick.
Mickey dropping (and probably a dozen other rejections) gives you this WR coach
Not sure Dvoracek was choice 1 for LB

Cooper, Satterfield, Knighton, Foley, Campbell, and maybe Barthel seem like they were his first choice.

I honestly wouldn’t have an issue with this staff if I wasn’t privy to the $7M assistant salary pool, but now it seems like if we crack $5M we’re overpaying.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Frustrated Parks And Recreation GIF

One thing I do know, this thread will get bumped again by October.

SeattleHusker

Bench Warmer
Not trying to bring race into the conversation but I just can’t imagine players in that position group listening to a word he has to say.
I understand why you say that and it might turn out to be true in this case but difference of identity doesn’t preclude being able to build great relationships. Black and white people marry each other, develop close friendships, etc. Him coaching the position well and players seeing results on the field will probably have more to do with them listening to him than his race. Having a different identity means you have to work a little harder to find common ground but we’re still human beings motivated by a lot of the same things.

NEHusker54

Cornerback
I understand why you say that and it might turn out to be true in this case but difference of identity doesn’t preclude being able to build great relationships. Black and white people marry each other, develop close friendships, etc. Him coaching the position well and players seeing results on the field will probably have more to do with them listening to him than his race. Having a different identity means you have to work a little harder to find common ground but we’re still human beings motivated by a lot of the same things.
Honestly I think it’s less of a race thing as it is an age thing. He’s just a couple of years older than some of those guys. Hope he works out.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds