Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Garret McGuire WR Coach (6 Viewers)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
You hire a head coach, pay him $8+ million a year and trust who he hires and if a guy doesn’t work out, you trust he’ll make the move to replace him.

What else can you do? I don’t know McGuire, Rhule does. I am not qualified to hire a staff at a power 5 school. Rhule is.
Husker fans shouldn’t trust anything at this point. I hope Rhule does well but nothing will surprise me.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Prediction: Wager and McGuire feast in Texas.

You’ve got Wagers respect he’s earned for 17 years and mcguires name.
I’d say their names carry a lot of weight in DFW. Rhules name carries a lot of weight throughout the state.

JerryBones5

Safety
Elite Member
Pick'Em Champion
Ha ha. You could be right.

Shit, you probably will be right - and it will be funny, because it'll be true. After it happens.
Confused Gary Coleman GIF

Herbie

Quarterback
I’d say their names carry a lot of weight in DFW. Rhules name carries a lot of weight throughout the state.
McGuire is equally respected throughout the state. He was the head of the state high school coaches association or whatever it’s called.

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
My question to you oh McGuire is how is it going to go recruiting a 4 star WR out of Alabama or a receiver out of CA or OH. His name means nothing there. I hope I'm wrong but I imagine we are hiring a new WR coach in a couple years

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
My question to you oh McGuire is how is it going to go recruiting a 4 star WR out of Alabama or a receiver out of CA or OH. His name means nothing there. I hope I'm wrong but I imagine we are hiring a new WR coach in a couple years
I have no idea how it will go. Neither do you. You know who might know how it would go..the head coach who chose to make the hire.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Also did you fucksticks forget Pelini hired a fucking golf pro at wr? And he was pretty decent
Rich Fisher actually had some coaching experience. Quit being so dramatic...

Coaching Experience: 1995-96, Oklahoma State (graduate assistant coach); 1997-98 (Colorado (graduate assistant coach); 1999-2000, Idaho (assistant coach/receivers); 2001-03, Idaho (assistant coach/linebackers); 2009-10, Rivers School, Weston, Mass. (Head Coach); 2011-present, Nebraska (assistant coach/receivers)

Herbie

Quarterback
Rich Fisher actually had some coaching experience. Quit being so dramatic...

Coaching Experience: 1995-96, Oklahoma State (graduate assistant coach); 1997-98 (Colorado (graduate assistant coach); 1999-2000, Idaho (assistant coach/receivers); 2001-03, Idaho (assistant coach/linebackers); 2009-10, Rivers School, Weston, Mass. (Head Coach); 2011-present, Nebraska (assistant coach/receivers)

Not successful at all.
Was fired from idaho and left coaching. That was his only full time assistant stint before coming to Nebraska

NSECTA4

Safety
Elite Member
Even wunderkind Lane Kiffin was 25 when Pete Carroll hired him to be USC's TE coach.
Well, putting it that way, this kid turns 24 this year. I just don’t know what to think from one minute to the next amigo. 🤷🏼‍♂️

stonesak

Wave goodbye now, it's time for you to go
Run fast and catch ball. How hard can it be?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds