Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

New Coach McGuire Video (1 Viewer)

NEHusker54

Cornerback
Raise your hand if you were wrong about him…
Waving Aaron Paul GIF by Team Coco

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
Was just coming here to post this because Waterboy just sent me this with “wow, this kid could coach circles around Lubick and maybe even Mickey. More details in that vid than I saw in 3 years.”
first thought that came to my mind was how detailed he is and he clearly relates to players and will actually correct errors. what i didnt know, is if Lubick and MJ were the same. That answers that

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Was just coming here to post this because Waterboy just sent me this with “wow, this kid could coach circles around Lubick and maybe even Mickey. More details in that vid than I saw in 3 years.”
This is great insight.

And not go take a victory lap - actually, yes to take a victory lap - this is one of the advantages to hiring a truly elite CFB coach: you don't have to question their asst coach hires.

I didn't know anything about McGuire at the time of the hire, but I know that Matt Rhule was going to make good asst coach hires. That's really all you need to know. It was amazing to me how many message board warriors were utterly convinced that they are better qualified to make assistant coach hires than Matt Rhule.

I'm as cocky as anyone about my football knowledge but I don't ACTUALLY think I'd be a better actual FB coach than Matt Rhule. 25% of Tater Island actually thinks they are though.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
first thought that came to my mind was how detailed he is and he clearly relates to players and will actually correct errors. what i didnt know, is if Lubick and MJ were the same. That answers that
There were 4 crucial things in that video that tells you this is the type of guy we need:

1 - the attention to detail (as you mentioned)
2 - high energy (you need this to coach at NU)
3 - lead by example (arriving at 4:30am every morning)
4 - the scouting of FL HS QBs when he was in 8th grade (you also have to be this type of FB fanatic to succeed in current day CFB)

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
The portion where Rhule says something to McGuire on the field, it sounds like he says, "Does it get any better than this?" . . . or something along those lines. You can tell these guys know how big this is. You can tell they're sincerely excited to be at this program.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
The portion where Rhule says something to McGuire on the field, it sounds like he says, "Does it get any better than this?" . . . or something along those lines. You can tell these guys know how big this is. You can tell they're sincerely excited to be at this program.
YES - this has been my biggest joy in watching this whole staff work. No one is here saying "They need me here" or "I am doing them a favor" - this staff of 0 prior connection to DONU seems to care more about the program than anyone in a long long time.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds