Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Garret McGuire WR Coach (4 Viewers)

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG

Making my Kool aid prediction now. He will coach our WRs for the next 3-5 years and then will become an OC. If we are lucky, it will be here because Satterfield has accepted an HC position somewhere. After an additional 3-5 years as an OC, he will move on to a lower-level HC position, somewhere like Texas St or Rice. After an impressive run as a lower level HC, he will be given his shot as in a power conference as HC and he will be the next Lincoln Riley...

So it is written, so it shall be.

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
Making my Kool aid prediction now. He will coach our WRs for the next 3-5 years and then will become an OC. If we are lucky, it will be here because Satterfield has accepted an HC position somewhere. After an additional 3-5 years as an OC, he will move on to a lower-level HC position, somewhere like Texas St or Rice. After an impressive run as a lower level HC, he will be given his shot as in a power conference as HC and he will be the next Lincoln Riley...

So it is written, so it shall be.
It kind of goes back to some conversations I’ve had with friends. He’s not only building a pipeline of players to develop, he is building a pipeline of future coaches to promote from within. He’s done it before but it’s interesting to see.

We just have to trust him.

Herbie

Quarterback
You think this upstanding lad could be a train conductor?

ylnwvgyscyt47hn71j7v.jpg
No. I don’t see him, a player, and two staffers running a train on the on campus recruiting coordinator

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
No. I don’t see him, a player, and two staffers running a train on the on campus recruiting coordinator
Who said anything about LSU? I'm talking about the college years, friend.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
For positions like RB and WR that's the key. Those position groups HAVE to be your recruiting work horses - they're positions are relatively easy to coach & develop. Their value is the nonstop hours they put in on the recruiting trail. And the connections they have with HS coaches in key recruiting areas (ie DFW/TX).

This is why Mickey Joseph was such a good WR coach at LSU. For stud WRs he had like Chase and Jefferson, it's not like he was coaching them w/ mind blowing tactical analysis and strategy tips. 90% of MJ's value was GETTING them to LSU. Yes, he coached them up too, but the majority of the work is getting them there and putting them in positions to succeed (QB, OL).

Look at Wisconsin's RB situation. Anyone find it odd that they always have brand new RBs right out of HS who tear the league up at 17-18 yrs old? They must have a wizard at RB coach!!! The reality is, 90% of the battle is FINDING the amazing RB HS prospect and getting him to come to Wisconsin. Allen and Taylor were both like 17 yrs old when they were torching B1G defenses. They hadn't even been ar UW long enough to GET coaching lol. I don't even know who Wisconsin's RB coach was and neither did 99% of CFB fans.

In the modern era of the transfer portal, HS recruiting for receivers and running backs is almost irrelevant. If you're not recruiting at an Ohio State or Bama level, you're better off finding pass catchers out of the portal who can make an immediate impact.

Are portal receivers choosing landing spots based on position coaches? Aside from following your current coach like the Mickey example, its not really the norm.

I believe its more about the offense, QB, and NIL.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds