Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Deion Sanders to Colorado Cuckolos (6 Viewers)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Tucking because a 1-11 team hired an FCS coach sums up the state of Husker-fan-2022 pretty succinctly.

Shove Deion’s shit in and welcome him to P5 football properly.
Well here's their season opener. They could get their shit pushed in by TCU. However I assume Duggan is gone, not sure who else. I could see Prime having them drink the kool aid big time over the off season and put up a shocker vs TCU. They also could lose by 28.

Screenshot_20221202_202020_Chrome.jpg

TooTall

Linebacker
Insider
Elite Member
I th9nk my worry with prime would be is he in it for the long haul? I assume he doesn't need the money, so does he keep coaching if things get a little difficult or does he move on, like changing to a new hobby??

Jay Bilzerian

Safety
Elite Member
I th9nk my worry with prime would be is he in it for the long haul? I assume he doesn't need the money, so does he keep coaching if things get a little difficult or does he move on, like changing to a new hobby??
You ever listen to him in an interview? He’s one of the last dudes on the planet that would move on if things get difficult. I could definitely see him leaving Colorado for a bigger job though.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Tucking because a 1-11 team hired an FCS coach sums up the state of Husker-fan-2022 pretty succinctly.
I agree! It's not becoming of us to freak out about this. No one knows how long a haul this might be for Deion.

To clarify my stance: I would have zero fear about this game if we didn't have the 2 freak occurrences in our last 2 HC's debut games. We literally had a Hail Mary loss to kick off Riley's tenure and a lightning strike to kick off Frost's. The odds of that happening in 2 back to back debut games has to be like 10,000,000 to 1.

So do I expect some insanely weird shit to happen in Coach Prime's home debut with CU? I'd bet my house on it. And my car and 10 yrs future earnings. I just think it's inevitable at this point for NU (yes I have PTSD from all the losses!).

Even with the portal I think it's going to take him a bit though. I can't imagine he's going to be perfect on picking assistants first time around. He'll have to cycle through a few first.
Two things to beware of:

1. in early season games, new HCed teams don't know their level yet. They often play way better than they actually are bc they're still on the kool aid. CU will probably be a beat up and defeated team by the time you get to NOV. But unfortunately we're playing them in week two. That TCU game transitioning into the NU game is really a fascinating way for Coach Prime to start his tenure there. If they start 2-0, EVERYONE is gonna be drinking the Coach Prime kool aid.

2. Mel Tucker/MSU in 2021 showed us that you just need to get lucky with one big player in the portal to change your entire team. If Deion pulls a Kenneth Walker in the portal then absolutely they could go 8-4. You'd never say that 10 yrs ago. MSU showed us that it was fool's gold... but for one season, Deion could absolutely hit the lottery like Mel Tucker did and have a huge 2023 season. That won't mean his PROGRAM is on solid ground... but for one year only, the portal can get you an amazing season. If average guy Mel Tucker pulled it off, there's no reason Deion couldn't. It just takes a little bit of luck. Again I DGAF about Colorado's long term program, I'm only concerned with their mental state on 9/9/23.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
I agree! It's not becoming of us to freak out about this. No one knows how long a haul this might be for Deion.

To clarify my stance: I would have zero fear about this game if we didn't have the 2 freak occurrences in our last 2 HC's debut games. We literally had a Hail Mary loss to kick off Riley's tenure and a lightning strike to kick off Frost's. The odds of that happening in 2 back to back debut games has to be like 10,000,000 to 1.

So do I expect some insanely weird shit to happen in Coach Prime's home debut with CU? I'd bet my house on it. And my car and 10 yrs future earnings. I just think it's inevitable at this point for NU (yes I have PTSD from all the losses!).

Two things to beware of:

1. in early season games, new HCed teams don't know their level yet. They often play way better than they actually are bc they're still on the kool aid. CU will probably be a beat up and defeated team by the time you get to NOV. But unfortunately we're playing them in week two. That TCU game transitioning into the NU game is really a fascinating way for Coach Prime to start his tenure there. If they start 2-0, EVERYONE is gonna be drinking the Coach Prime kool aid.

2. Mel Tucker/MSU in 2021 showed us that you just need to get lucky with one big player in the portal to change your entire team. If Deion pulls a Kenneth Walker in the portal then absolutely they could go 8-4. You'd never say that 10 yrs ago. MSU showed us that it was fool's gold... but for one season, Deion could absolutely hit the lottery like Mel Tucker did and have a huge 2023 season. That won't mean his PROGRAM is on solid ground... but for one year only, the portal can get you an amazing season. If average guy Mel Tucker pulled it off, there's no reason Deion couldn't. It just takes a little bit of luck. Again I DGAF about Colorado's long term program, I'm only concerned with their mental state on 9/9/23.
I like Deions odds of pulling whoever the hell he wants through the portal. They're 1-11 there's a lot of playing time up for grabs.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
And there will be a lot of optimism with him among the kids.
There are some quotes in here that sum it up perfectly. Also I think it bears mentioning that the amount of effort his assitants need to put forth to land a top 10 class will be minimal. They'll have more time to focus on coaching and not texting highschool kids. If I'm a talented assistant coach that's an attractive proposition, plus you get to live in Boulder, a wonderful place to be if you're well off.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
There are some quotes in here that sum it up perfectly. Also I think it bears mentioning that the amount of effort his assitants need to put forth to land a top 10 class will be minimal. They'll have more time to focus on coaching and not texting highschool kids. If I'm a talented assistant coach that's an attractive proposition, plus you get to live in Boulder, a wonderful place to be if you're well off.
That's pretty optimistic. It certainly won't be as easy as Alabama, Georgia, etc has it.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
That's pretty optimistic. It certainly won't be as easy as Alabama, Georgia, etc has it.
At that level its purely transactional. The 5*s are going to the highest bidders that have SEC visibility (or OSU/MI visibility). I would doubt the CU boosters are opening the checkbook THAT much. But they may swing for one or two 5*s. If CU gets more than that (talking more NEXT class BTW) then that will be interesting.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
At that level its purely transactional. The 5*s are going to the highest bidders that have SEC visibility (or OSU/MI visibility). I would doubt the CU boosters are opening the checkbook THAT much. But they may swing for one or two 5*s. If CU gets more than that (talking more NEXT class BTW) then that will be interesting.
Good point. They aren't finding 30 mil that quickly.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds