Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Deion Sanders to Colorado Cuckolos (7 Viewers)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm very concerned about that game in 2023. I'm a little sick of our new HCs having a fuckin circus to 'curse' their Nebraska career. Riley's career started with a fuckin Hail Mary loss at home. And Frost's started with the lightning cancelation then the loss to Colorado. NU at CU next year WILL be a circus.

Rhule's NU career is starting with: at Minnesota, at Colorado. I expect Deion to completely flip that roster and that game now is a completely different game than if they would have hired, say, Jim Leonhard or Ryan Walters (who may be better coaches but they would have had a slower re-build).

The one thing we have going for us is who Colorado has in week one:

Screenshot_20221202_202020_Chrome.jpg

I'd rather play Deion/CU coming off of a shit stomping than play a 1-0 CU with some confidence, albeit from beating St Mary Sisters of the Poor.

Napkins

Safety
Elite Member
They’ve had virtually no real investment in Colorado for a decade plus.
So the question is whether they are serious about organizing their fundraising and whether Prime gives the boosters something worthy of investing in. The buzz will be there.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
So the question is whether they are serious about organizing their fundraising and whether Prime gives the boosters something worthy of investing in. The buzz will be there.
Let's be honest, don't you think Deion would have asked these questions during his interviews? My guess is they said they're ready to bulk up their NIL. I can't imagine he'd go there if not.

CU surely has some rich boosters. They've clearly been saving their money last 2 seasons as well.

jasonmomoa

Bench Warmer
this pretty much confirms we could have had deion if we wanted him...

remember that when they have a top 10 recruiting class next year.

Napkins

Safety
Elite Member
Let's be honest, don't you think Deion would have asked these questions during his interviews? My guess is they said they're ready to bulk up their NIL. I can't imagine he'd go there if not.

CU surely has some rich boosters. They've clearly been saving their money last 2 seasons as well.
I totally agree I think this would be common practice during negotiations. Pretty wealthy alumni network so the money is there if they can get serious about tapping into it.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think all three will likely have success.
But you’re right, you just never know.
The crazy thing is we could have had the other two. I wouldn’t have thought our head coaching job was that attractive a few years back. How times have changed?

Herbie

Quarterback
this pretty much confirms we could have had deion if we wanted him...

remember that when they have a top 10 recruiting class next year.
I doubt they have a top 10 class.

Will recruits like Deion? You betcha.
But all of his connections are in the south. Top get a top 10 class he’ll have to convince a lot of southern kids to turn down Bama, AM, UGA, UF, Clemson, Texas, OU, etc to head north. And they’ll need that federal reserve in Colorado to be throwing money at the kids.
I’m not entirely sold colorado has the infrastructure in place to do that.

jasonmomoa

Bench Warmer
I doubt they have a top 10 class.

Will recruits like Deion? You betcha.
But all of his connections are in the south. Top get a top 10 class he’ll have to convince a lot of southern kids to turn down Bama, AM, UGA, UF, Clemson, Texas, OU, etc to head north. And they’ll need that federal reserve in Colorado to be throwing money at the kids.
I’m not entirely sold colorado has the infrastructure in place to do that.
i don't think it can be understated that he got the #1 overall recruit to go to a FCS school

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I like how the world has decided to treat Deion like he has a significant record as a coach outside of the SWAC
I'm really only concerned with one game. He'll probably be good over 3 years. They'll lose some of course.

But I'm a Jimmies and Joe's guy. I think Deion can get a bunch of transfers in and create a circus in Boulder for that NU/CU game. If there's one thing we've learned, new NU coaches don't deal well with circus games early in their tenure.

This has a BYU Hail Mary/lightning game feel to me. CU plays their best game of the season vs NU then goes 6-6. Just feels like I've seen this movie before.

jasonmomoa

Bench Warmer
with the amount of players leaving and decommitting, i'm not convinced we'll have a more talented team than CU next year.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds