Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Deion Sanders to Colorado Cuckolos (2 Viewers)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Think the more important question is can he pick the right assistants.
Yeah. I don't know why some people are acting like because he will undoubtedly have some cache on the recruiting trail that he's going to be able to take a dumpster fire and turn it around immediately. Like we're in bad shape but not CU bad shape at the moment.

Long term play, it seems like a reasonable bet for CU, but immediately dividends game 2, idk man

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
I'm asking what level of confidence that we have that he will seamlessly transition from coaching in the SWAC to a major conference.
You could ask that of anyone making the jump to a bigger job. He's got off the charts coaching intangibles (recruiting, motivational skills, culture/identity) If I'm an AD idgaf weather he is fully dialed in as a game planner yet. You can get him cheap right now surround him with some rising or experienced coordinators and you're set in my opinion.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
You could ask that of anyone making the jump to a bigger job. He's got off the charts coaching intangibles (recruiting, motivational skills, culture/identity) If I'm an AD idgaf weather he is fully dialed in as a game planner yet. You can get him cheap right now surround him with some rising or experienced coordinators and you're set in my opinion.
Sure, but how many coaches make the jump from the SWAC to major conference football? Not many. So while everyone has to do it the uncertainty around it is a lot greater, imo.

Look I think it's a totally reasonable hire, I'm not just not expecting it to be instantly successful because there is a significant learning curve that's more significant when you don't have a deep background in coaching college football

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
To a point. If he's successful he leaves. So you get him during the learning curve. Which is fine if you're CU who is in worse shape than us.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider

He probably should have waited for a better job to open up then. Surprised that Colorado is the only place that contacted him.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
To a point. If he's successful he leaves. So you get him during the learning curve. Which is fine if you're CU who is in worse shape than us.
For sure. if/when he leaves at least you've taken a big step in making your brand nationally relevant again.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
For sure. if/when he leaves at least you've taken a big step in making your brand nationally relevant again.
Even with the portal I think it's going to take him a bit though. I can't imagine he's going to be perfect on picking assistants first time around. He'll have to cycle through a few first.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
Even with the portal I think it's going to take him a bit though. I can't imagine he's going to be perfect on picking assistants first time around. He'll have to cycle through a few first.
It'll be interesting if he just goes full Scott Frost and brings in all his buddies I'll be less worried.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
His JSU staff has Tim Brewster, a few former NFL guys, and then a bunch of young dudes from HBCUs.

I think he will probably put together a pretty good staff on paper, but if it's guys he hasn't worked with before (which is likely) or guys who haven't coached in power 5 before (second most likely), it'll take them a bit

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Frustrated Austin Powers GIF

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds