Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Daycare parents (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Stay away from coffee
Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
Created a couple businesses and now stay home with them and work the phone, computer and papers when the woman is working. When she’s off I go do what I need to do.

*2 years Doing this and combined kids have only had 3 minor illnesses such as a cold. Before this they had all the bad viruses almost monthly.

Kids now 4,3, 11 months. Too much illness in daycare.
Don’t worry they’ll just get all the same ones in kindegarten

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
Best way to avoid being sick is boost your own natural immune system.

So everything you were told during COVID, do the exact opposite.

Don't use hand sanitizer throughout the year.
Exercise.
Wash hands less.
Drink lots of OJ or Vitamin C supplements.
Don't mask up.

My wife watches 3 kids throughout the day along with our 2 and 5 year old. We also have a 12 year old in 7th grade. One kid she watches plus our 5 year old goes to preschool. Both the younger 2 spend a few hours at YMCA child watch as well.

Our kids are sick a bunch during early spring and around this time. This time around it seems faster now than last year.

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG

Exercise.
Wash hands less.
Don't mask up.

My wife watches 3 kids throughout the day along with our 2 and 5 year old. We also have a 12 year old in 7th grade. One kid she watches plus our 5 year old goes to preschool. Both the younger 2 spend a few hours at YMCA child watch as well.

Our kids are sick a bunch during early spring and around this time. This time around it seems faster now than last year.
Lol wash hands less. That’s a good one.

BillBra5ky

Bench Warmer
tPB OG
Don’t be poor and have an in home nanny.

J/k I agree with the posters saying take care of yourself. Regular exercise and a good diet. Just started taking better care of myself this past year and know it helps. The colds and other illnesses have come but they haven’t hit me nearly as hard as prior years.

skersker

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Have a 4&2 year old. There’s been a sickness in our house since preschool started in august. Just have to accept it lol

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
For real, though, this is a hidden cost of daycare. Lots of those - you might be surprised how quality of life improves with mom staying home with the kids, even though it doesn't look that way on a spreadsheet.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Created a couple businesses and now stay home with them and work the phone, computer and papers when the woman is working. When she’s off I go do what I need to do.

*2 years Doing this and combined kids have only had 3 minor illnesses such as a cold. Before this they had all the bad viruses almost monthly.

Kids now 4,3, 11 months. Too much illness in daycare.
Wife stayed home when kids were little. When they go to school they seem to be sick a little more than the daycare kids.

Still better imo because they're 6 instead of 1 or 2.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG

Exercise.
Wash hands less.
Don't mask up.

3-B42739-E-4-A17-4973-B0-E3-1-F146-F4-ECAC9.jpg

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
How did you all survive the first cold/flu season with your kid in daycare? I can count on one hand the number of days I haven't been sick this month. This is miserable! Any tips?

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office
I’ve got one in daycare, one in all day preschool, and one in first grade, so it typically comes from everywhere. It’s crazy they haven’t been sick much for a year now.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds