Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Not sports specific, but what are some gems you remember from highschool coaches, teachers, or parents? (2 Viewers)

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Which damn mafia do you really want to be associated with? Dawson County, Richardson County, or Swimtown?
Swim town has a long & legit Mafia history. Free advice: always overtip your waitresses when dining at Italian restaurants.

Link-

Link Lyman invented the DLine shift
Elite Member
@Link- look at this guy who thinks he is better than moonshine, meth and menthol cigarettes

giphy-downsized-large.gif
giphy.gif

Minute Man

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Go ahead and utter them here. Just don't attribute the quotes to Jerry and you'll be fine.

High School government/journalism/history teacher, when speaking of the Michael Ryan thing in the area, gave the advice "If you ever get invited to a hoedown in Richardson County, don't go." Pretty good advice IYAM.

Coach Novacek got fired as head varsity football coach because some parents didn't like how colorful his language was on the sidelines of games and at practice. Fast forward exactly one year, and he's hired as an assistant coach for the freshman team.

In his second year in that role, the head frosh coach got fired because he left the frosh volleyball team at the gym in Holdrege so the football team could eat. That damn freshman volleyball match was just taking too long, I guess. So, Coach Novacek was promoted to Head Freshman Football Coach.

I was only four when Bump quarterbacked the Swedes to an undefeated regular season and class B championship game loss to Columbus Scotus, and even younger than that when Jay played. The consensus of their parents was that Bump was most talented, followed by their daughter (name escapes me), then Jay, then their oldest.

But, Bump did hold the state all-class pole vault record for almost 30 years before Brett Maher broke it IIRC. When I graduated, the Pat Novacek coached Bump N, Jay N, and Lenny Ambler were 1, 2, 3 on the all-class top ten.
I miss Ambler. Had him for some of the best classes and pregame talks of my life.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds