Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Have you ever been embarrassed by your parents? (1 Viewer)

Dble E

Cornerback
Elite Member
Not talking about their sheer existence as a kid when your friends saw you at the mall with them.....

I mean down right embarrassed....

I was about 20 when I took this girl I met and really liked, to visit the parents.

To give you some context my parents are fairly blue collar. Nothing wrong with that except the old man is also basically white trash on top of it. Not the bottom of barrel white trash but certainly at the upper end of that range.

So I show up with this gal and she meets my Mom first...Ok normal, good...I can kinda breathe...

Then the old man walks in.....as he approached he had grubby clothes....nothing wrong with that I suppose but he also had this blue hat with white lettering on it.

The hat read "Eatin Aint Cheatin"...I could have died. Never saw the girl again.

My friends still tease me to this day....love that guy but I was a bit mortified. LOL.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
While in college I took a girl to Waco, TX once to watch a high school state championship football game. She wanted to go with me, so why not. My dad and little brother were also at the game watching. We walked up to say hello and my dad I eye balled her and said "You know you're the first white girl Brent's ever dated"

I'm a ginger, she was blonde and at the time I had never dated anything but white girls.

Never seen a girl blush like that. I just shook my head as I knew, one day, I too would make a joke like that. And now that I have 3 kids of my own....I will absoultely make that joke.

betsch

Safety
My dad and stepmom. He is a retired doctor and has plenty of money. He was also on the school board for 30 years that my girls go to. My kids had a school fundraiser selling pies for $10 a piece. My stepmom looked at the sheet and said "are these such and such brand pies"? I told her I had no idea but could check. She said "nope, I don't think we're interested". ...........They couldn't buy 1 fucking pie for $10. Even if they didn't eat it, they could serve it at the next family get together. No excuse for money, no excuse for anything, they just weren't interested. My girls just kind of looked at them and then to me and we got the fuck out of there real fast. I was so pissed and embarrassed that she did that to two of my girls to their faces. You seriously support your grandchildren and the school that you sent all your kids to??

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
My dad and stepmom. He is a retired doctor and has plenty of money. He was also on the school board for 30 years that my girls go to. My kids had a school fundraiser selling pies for $10 a piece. My stepmom looked at the sheet and said "are these such and such brand pies"? I told her I had no idea but could check. She said "nope, I don't think we're interested". ...........They couldn't buy 1 fucking pie for $10. Even if they didn't eat it, they could serve it at the next family get together. No excuse for money, no excuse for anything, they just weren't interested. My girls just kind of looked at them and then to me and we got the fuck out of there real fast. I was so pissed and embarrassed that she did that to two of my girls to their faces. You seriously support your grandchildren and the school that you sent all your kids to??
ya fvck that bitch! !! bet that crack ho would open her cheeks for $10! !! ! Bert,I have a special Sunday edition news paper to smack her across the mouth with. Let me know thanks gbr !

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
My dad always got us up early (7-7:30) on the weekends and made breakfast-usually pancakes. No matter the circumstances, he did this. So if my friends were over, or my sister’s, people were getting up and eating some damn pancakes! Oh, and he cooked the pancakes in boxers, socks, and a wife-beater tank top.
If at all possible, we avoided friends staying over, and desperately tried to stay at their places where we could sleep in.

Dble E

Cornerback
Elite Member
ya fvck that bitch! !! bet that crack ho would open her cheeks for $10! !! ! Bert,I have a special Sunday edition news paper to smack her across the mouth with. Let me know thanks gbr !

Geebus...that's a bit aggressive.

Dble E

Cornerback
Elite Member
My dad always got us up early (7-7:30) on the weekends and made breakfast-usually pancakes. No matter the circumstances, he did this. So if my friends were over, or my sister’s, people were getting up and eating some damn pancakes! Oh, and he cooked the pancakes in boxers, socks, and a wife-beater tank top.
If at all possible, we avoided friends staying over, and desperately tried to stay at their places where we could sleep in.

I knew we were white trash......when my dad would yell at us in his boxers.....he didn't blink an eye.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
While in college I took a girl to Waco, TX once to watch a high school state championship football game. She wanted to go with me, so why not. My dad and little brother were also at the game watching. We walked up to say hello and my dad I eye balled her and said "You know you're the first white girl Brent's ever dated"

I'm a ginger, she was blonde and at the time I had never dated anything but white girls.

Never seen a girl blush like that. I just shook my head as I knew, one day, I too would make a joke like that. And now that I have 3 kids of my own....I will absoultely make that joke.
I'm going to have to remember that one.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds