Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Daycare parents (1 Viewer)

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
How did you all survive the first cold/flu season with your kid in daycare? I can count on one hand the number of days I haven't been sick this month. This is miserable! Any tips?

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
We buy vitamin c packets by the pallet. Maybe helps a little, but not much you can do.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Created a couple businesses and now stay home with them and work the phone, computer and papers when the woman is working. When she’s off I go do what I need to do.

*2 years Doing this and combined kids have only had 3 minor illnesses such as a cold. Before this they had all the bad viruses almost monthly.

Kids now 4,3, 11 months. Too much illness in daycare.

NEHusker54

Cornerback
Created a couple businesses and now stay home with them and work the phone, computer and papers when the woman is working. When she’s off I go do what I need to do.

*2 years Doing this and combined kids have only had 3 minor illnesses such as a cold. Before this they had all the bad viruses almost monthly.

Kids now 4,3, 11 months. Too much illness in daycare.
So your suggestion is he and his wife change careers and stay home with the kids. Helpful.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
How did you all survive the first cold/flu season with your kid in daycare? I can count on one hand the number of days I haven't been sick this month. This is miserable! Any tips?

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office
Try having a wife with an in home day care. I get so pissed when people bring their sick kids here. Inevitably we all get sick a week later.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Second year with a kid in daycare and it’s marginally better, but he had a fever yesterday and has been hacking like an 80 year old smoker and now my wife and I both feel like shit.

It just sucks. Most of it will skip you, but the whole family being sick at once is truly miserable.

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
Second year with a kid in daycare and it’s marginally better, but he had a fever yesterday and has been hacking like an 80 year old smoker and now my wife and I both feel like shit.

It just sucks. Most of it will skip you, but the whole family being sick at once is truly miserable.
remember my pappy tellin me how awful the Spanish flu was. Kept him and mom inside durin that time. Welp, 9 months later I was born TOOOTT

HuskerPAC

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Buckle up. We will all be sick until March. Both of my girls have been sick every other week for the past month.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
I’m glad it’s just as bad for the parents. My wife runs a daycare with her mom and she’s constantly bringing me every sickness that comes through there. I’m sick for months on end.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds