Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Dan Patrick on Urban Meyer/Nebraska (1 Viewer)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m not saying Kevin Warren isn’t a smart man, he is just doing what the higher ups tell him. He was smart to let FOX work the deal they did in a +billion dollar/year deal. Give him all the credit. Basically if the Presidents are having an issue with Urban coming back with his “baggage” is a farce compared to what they allowed to go on at Michigan, Penn State etc.
Exactly. Do you think Turd actually has the balls to hire Urb though?

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m not saying Kevin Warren isn’t a smart man, he is just doing what the higher ups tell him. He was smart to let FOX work the deal they did in a +billion dollar/year deal. Give him all the credit. Basically if the Presidents are having an issue with Urban coming back with his “baggage” is a farce compared to what they allowed to go on at Michigan, Penn State etc.
And my thing is, if the B1G member institutions have signed on to this "we're a mini NFL / we are whores to the $$$ / we are a satellite arm of FOX"... then no one probably gives a fuck if we hire Urban.

B1G is an entertainment entity now. No one seems to be pushing back against these massive $$$ payouts FOX is about to hand out.

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
Exactly. Do you think Turd actually has the balls to hire Urb though?

Urban Meyer…yes. 100%. Turd wants to win…Nobody would blame Turd if he hired Urban and he flamed out. Just like nobody should blame “Moos” aka. All of Nebraska for hiring Frost last go around. He’s the best coach available. You take him.

Now I really like Briles the football coach…but I don’t see that ever happening. Tapping a kicker with your foot and during warm ups or fingering some random at a bar is no big deal if you have multiple national titles.

1661990498826.gif

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
And my thing is, if the B1G member institutions have signed on to this "we're a mini NFL / we are whores to the $$$ / we are a satellite arm of FOX"... then no one probably gives a fuck if we hire Urban.

B1G is an entertainment entity now. No one seems to be pushing back against these massive $$$ payouts FOX is about to hand out.

And the B1G is smart in only signing a 7 year deal…ACC signed a 20 year deal lol. Pac12 don’t get started on. If Nebraska is a top 10 team along with USC, Michigan, Ohio State etc. at the next go around of negotiations…look out. We weren’t brought into the B1G for our population footprint..it was our BLUEBLOOD WINNING brand…it’s about time we step up to the table. B1G should be encouraging Nebraska to hire Urban haha.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Urban Meyer…yes. 100%. Turd wants to win…Nobody would blame Turd if he hired Urban and he flamed out. Just like nobody should blame “Moos” aka. All of Nebraska for hiring Frost last go around. He’s the best coach available. You take him.

Now I really like Briles the football coach…but I don’t see that ever happening. Tapping a kicker with your foot and during warm ups or fingering some random at a bar is no big deal if you have multiple national titles.

View attachment 13255
I agree all the way. I have my doubts Turd goes all in. I pray to God I’m wrong if Urb has real interest. I assume he would be interested because money talks and we have it.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Ohio State runs the conference and it’s hard to see how they could object to somebody hiring Urb.

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
I agree all the way. I have my doubts Turd goes all in. I pray to God I’m wrong if Urb has real interest. I assume he would be interested because money talks and we have it.

Turd is a lot more cold blooded then people think…he cut the most successful program at UNO to move up. He doesn’t care about feelings…he cares about improving the overall athletic department as a whole. Which is why I believe he would have no problem if he sat down with Urban and listening to his plan on turning around a program. So I hope…

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Turd is a lot more cold blooded then people think…he cut the most successful program at UNO to move up. He doesn’t care about feelings…he cares about improving the overall athletic department as a whole. Which is why I believe he would have no problem if he sat down with Urban and listening to his plan on turning around a program. So I hope…
And let’s say Urb did come here and we somehow couldn’t win shit I’ll believe we are cursed then

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
Also, I’m defending Moos here…and I’m happy we brought Turd in as AD because he truly cares about Nebraska over Moos, who was looking for his last job…but Moos is the first AD since I started seriously watching husker athletics (2001 I was 12) and he made the best hires he could in all 3 mens sports.

Baseball could be debatable…but the B1G is garbage in baseball and I overall approved of the Bolt hire, but at the time nobody could disagree with the Frost and Hoiberg hires. Hell I called the Hoiberg hire 3 years before it happened on RSS when he tanked with the Bulls.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Also, I’m defending Moos here…and I’m happy we brought Turd in as AD because he truly cares about Nebraska over Moos, who was looking for his last job…but Moos is the first AD since I started seriously watching husker athletics (2001 I was 12) and he made the best hires he could in all 3 mens sports.

Baseball could be debatable…but the B1G is garbage in baseball and I overall approved of the Bolt hire, but at the time nobody could disagree with the Frost and Hoiberg hires. Hell I called the Hoiberg hire 3 years before it happened on RSS when he tanked with the Bulls.
He did try for Childress first. I also think he tried for the OSU coach too. Moos went big I’ll give him that.

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
He did try for Childress first. I also think he tried for the OSU coach too. Moos went big I’ll give him that.

And I applaud him for making those coaches say no. Don’t ask a conference rival (Wisconsin) who we should hire. (Riley) like Eichorst did…hands down easily the worst AD.

Even SP shot for the moon, but failed miserably 10-15x till we landed on Callahan.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds