Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Dan Patrick on Urban Meyer/Nebraska (3 Viewers)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
And I applaud him for making those coaches say no. Don’t ask a conference rival (Wisconsin) who we should hire. (Riley) like Eichorst did…hands down easily the worst AD.

Even SP shot for the moon, but failed miserably 10-15x till we landed on Callahan.
Childress was smart in his thinking. He wants to retire here. He didn’t take the job incase he failed. He said it would be hard living here.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think you're right. The other thing is, they have all that dirt on Frost and it doesn't matter. If the HC is YOU'RE dirt bag, then it's all good and let's head to Gate 25 for some bookers and blow. If you don't like the dirt bag HC, then all of the sudden you're finding G25 apartment photos online etc.

I think the biggest obstacle for Urban would be Alberts, not the boosters. Boosters would love him. Alberts OTOH has been trying to repair our image with the Big Ten for the 14 months he's been here. Alberts is trying to improve our standing as a proud academic member of the Big Ten.... would be funny for Alberts to then go out and hire a guy who's basically a terrible person to be head football coach. Though maybe in the new world order B1G, which is more like a mini NFL, maybe that wouldn't matter as much.
Good post and I agree…but it’s ‘your’ and not you’re.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Urb won’t be handing anything off. He will flame out at some point, but hopefully by that time he has won meaningful games.
I do think Urb flames out at some point. 1000% chance.

He's only 58 now though so hoping he's still got some fire. A flame out here would be ugly, it'd be Callahan style IMHO where he'd be calling our fans hillbillies and saying the program will never win again. If he flames out here it will be ugly. You hope that flame out isn't until his NEXT stop after us.

Saban was 55 when he went to Alabama and that dude had tons of fire left. Problem is Saban doesn't have the extracurricular habits that Urban does. Urban is also ego-driven so he wouldn't want to flame out at a high profile place like Nebraska. Whereas Mike Riley didn't mind.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Good post and I agree…but it’s ‘your’ and not you’re.
Lol you got me!

Youre Good Robert Deniro GIF

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I do think Urb flames out at some point. 1000% chance.

He's only 58 now though so hoping he's still got some fire. A flame out here would be ugly, it'd be Callahan style IMHO where he'd be calling our fans hillbillies and saying the program will never win again. If he flames out here it will be ugly. You hope that flame out isn't until his NEXT stop after us.

Saban was 55 when he went to Alabama and that dude had tons of fire left. Problem is Saban doesn't have the extracurricular habits that Urban does. Urban is also ego-driven so he wouldn't want to flame out at a high profile place like Nebraska. Whereas Mike Riley didn't mind.
I met flame out as in his winning at all costs will make him leave like it did at other places. He will win games I have no doubt but bad shit does follow him. Right now we should be willing to live with that because we are close to becoming irrelevant.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I met flame out as in his winning at all costs will make him leave like it did at other places. He will win games I have no doubt but bad shit does follow him. Right now we should be willing to live with that because we are close to becoming irrelevant.
I think Urban flames out in a "the game has passed him by" kind of way. That will happen at some point. You just hope it doesn't happen here.

That's why Saban is so insane on so many levels. That dude changes with the times and he's on the cutting edge at age 70.

But most coaches just lose 'it.' Riley - the game passed him by around 2007. Pelini, game passed him by around 2013. Every coach loses it. Urban will at some point. Saban is just the 1 in a million that didn't.

That's why it was funny that LSU hired Pelini in 2020. He was done with in CFB. Urban will have this moment too you just hope it doesn't happen here. I mean, Spurrier had basically nothing left when he came back from the NFL.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think Urban flames out in a "the game has passed him by" kind of way. That will happen at some point. You just hope it doesn't happen here.

That's why Saban is so insane on so many levels. That dude changes with the times and he's on the cutting edge at age 70.

But most coaches just lose 'it.' Riley - the game passed him by around 2007. Panini, game passed him by around 2013. Every coach loses it. Urban will at some point. Saban is just the 1 in a million that didn't.

That's why it was funny that LSU hired Panini in 2020. He was done with in CFB. Urban will have this moment too you just hope it doesn't happen here. I mean, Spurrier had basically nothing left when he came back from the NFL.
I’m not saying it won’t happen, but urb is pretty intense in recruiting and usually hires good assistants. That goes a long ways.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG

He can flame out as long as he leaves our Ryan Day behind.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
The sad thing is we could have easily had Gundy after we fired Bo….he was begging for the job. We didn’t give him the time of day.
I hadn't heard that. Is there more background on this? Like, why we weren't interested in him?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds