Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Dan Patrick on Urban Meyer/Nebraska (1 Viewer)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Briles - who cares about the PR nightmare. Dude can flat out coach.
Gundy - assistants are picked constantly, still good. And I like how he doesn't give a fuck.
Aranda - back the brinks truck up, give him whatever he wants.

That's it. Shell out. Get a guy.
Nebraska should be able to pay top 5 money if they want with the TV contract.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
do it yes GIF by Collider

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I think
I don’t want him unless his promises to mentor young men by hiding the gun they used to commit a crime in his desk and rehabilitates girlfriend beaters to be able to play in crucial games.
Yes GIF by Brittany Broski

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG

I finally watched it.

I think some are misinterpreting this as being inside info. TBF Dan is kind of presenting it that way.

I think it's really just his insider saying that he thinks Urban would consider it. There's probably been zero contact between UNL and Meyer. But I'm sure Dan's source has some knowledge that is useful. My guess is that it's basically just his insider heard from a guy who had a beer with Urban and Urban said he'd consider these 3-4 schools.

That's probably all it is. Not nothing but I'm sure this is all just conversational shit. Though I'll tell you, if it's out that that Urban would consider Nebraska that is news in itself though. I always thought he'd stay far away due to the recruiting obstacles we have.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I finally watched it.

I think some are misinterpreting this as being inside info. TBF Dan is kind of presenting it that way.

I think it's really just his insider saying that he thinks Urban would consider it. There's probably been zero contact between UNL and Meyer. But I'm sure Dan's source has some knowledge that is useful. My guess is that it's basically just his insider heard from a guy who had a beer with Urban and Urban said he'd consider these 3-4 schools.

That's probably all it is. Not nothing but I'm sure this is all just conversational shit. Though I'll tell you, if it's out that that Urban would consider Nebraska that is news in itself though. I always thought he'd stay far away due to the recruiting obstacles we have.
Just open your heart

Saudi_aurora

2nd Place - Inaugural tPB Gif Tournament
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I finally watched it.

I have a feeling that our boosters and other people who have money/skin in the game wouldn't like it because Urban would tell them to go fuck themselves and he'd run the show.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I have a feeling that our boosters and other people who have money/skin in the game wouldn't like it because Urban would tell them to go fuck themselves and he'd run the show.
Also if Urbs didn't play ball with them, they'd have the ability to easily bury him with all the dirt that's out there.

I'm 100% for it. WGAF... it's not show friends, it's show business. Business of winning is all I care about. Losers can go sing kumbaya in the back of Mike Riley's prius.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Also if Urbs didn't play ball with them, they'd have the ability to easily bury him with all the dirt that's out there.

I'm 100% for it. WGAF... it's not show friends, it's show business. Business of winning is all I care about. Losers can go sing kumbaya in the back of Mike Riley's prius.
If you brought Urbs to town there would be so many "big time boosters" tripping over their dicks for facetime it would be comical. Everyone knows the game so everyone would shut up as long as he was winning imo. Just like for the Good Dr.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
If you brought Urbs to town there would be so many "big time boosters" tripping over their dicks for facetime it would be comical. Everyone knows the game so everyone would shut up as long as he was winning imo. Just like for the Good Dr.
I think you're right. The other thing is, they have all that dirt on Frost and it doesn't matter. If the HC is YOU'RE dirt bag, then it's all good and let's head to Gate 25 for some bookers and blow. If you don't like the dirt bag HC, then all of the sudden you're finding G25 apartment photos online etc.

I think the biggest obstacle for Urban would be Alberts, not the boosters. Boosters would love him. Alberts OTOH has been trying to repair our image with the Big Ten for the 14 months he's been here. Alberts is trying to improve our standing as a proud academic member of the Big Ten.... would be funny for Alberts to then go out and hire a guy who's basically a terrible person to be head football coach. Though maybe in the new world order B1G, which is more like a mini NFL, maybe that wouldn't matter as much.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah, but he wins....

Get him access to the tunnels we had installed for Frost to get him to Gate 25 smash pad, loaded it up with Blondes and just win baby.
Heck just get him tight with Hausmann, Strasburg and the other party monsters so he will be knee deep in strange. Let's start a GoFundMe so we can buy Urban a house on Big Sandy Lake and a place up at The Prairie Club in Valentine. He can slide right in for Frost in that party scene.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I finally watched it.

If Frost can recruit here, Utban can get top 10 classes here. I don’t see that being the issue. There may be issues for him, but doubt that is one.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Heck just get him tight with Hausmann, Strasburg and the other party monsters so he will be knee deep in strange. Let's start a GoFundMe so we can buy Urban a house on Big Sandy Lake and a place up at The Prairie Club in Valentine. He can slide right in for Frost in that party scene.
Rub elbows during the week with Ron Brown, and those crazy, rich bastards on the weekend

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
Briles - who cares about the PR nightmare. Dude can flat out coach.
Gundy - assistants are picked constantly, still good. And I like how he doesn't give a fuck.
Aranda - back the brinks truck up, give him whatever he wants.

That's it. Shell out. Get a guy.

The sad thing is we could have easily had Gundy after we fired Bo….he was begging for the job. We didn’t give him the time of day.

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
I think you're right. The other thing is, they have all that dirt on Frost and it doesn't matter. If the HC is YOU'RE dirt bag, then it's all good and let's head to Gate 25 for some bookers and blow. If you don't like the dirt bag HC, then all of the sudden you're finding G25 apartment photos online etc.

I think the biggest obstacle for Urban would be Alberts, not the boosters. Boosters would love him. Alberts OTOH has been trying to repair our image with the Big Ten for the 14 months he's been here. Alberts is trying to improve our standing as a proud academic member of the Big Ten.... would be funny for Alberts to then go out and hire a guy who's basically a terrible person to be head football coach. Though maybe in the new world order B1G, which is more like a mini NFL, maybe that wouldn't matter as much.

If it meant turning Nebraska back into a power Kevin Warren aka. Fox would have no problem with that. Another top 10 team only helps the conference.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds