Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NSFW Christmas dinner cooking thread (1 Viewer)

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Fkxnv3uX0AAbZTc

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
That's also true if it's cut in single portions. I've tried smoking steaks multiple ways and it just doesn't cook right. Hot and fast is the only way to go.
I usually will sear it on my grill and smoke it to finish it. But I only do that with these tomahawks.

A regular ribeye I will just grill.

There is those people who use cast iron skillets on steaks and I guess I'm not that fancy

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Went to Sam’s today and the wife relented…bought a prime rib roast. Boneless so it’s basically a rib roast right? Gonna make it after new year because the younger daughter is out of town next week for practice and travel with Husker WBB. Will let you know how it turns out. Going to oven roast because I’m a poor without a smoker…
This dude knows what he’s doing. It’s the prettiest looking prime rib I’ve ever seen.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
Did you dry it before seasoning? Just wondering if this method works?

Alton Brown is actually where I learned about the benefits of dry brining beef! Yeah I just let it sit in the butcher paper for a few days because I'm lazy but it does the trick. Never done tenderloin before but it works well on steaks. Bought this on Tuesday and brined it 36 hours ago.
PXL_20221225_191351486.jpg

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
I usually will sear it on my grill and smoke it to finish it. But I only do that with these tomahawks.

A regular ribeye I will just grill.

There is those people who use cast iron skillets on steaks and I guess I'm not that fancy
I
Did you dry it before seasoning? Just wondering if this method works?

he must have stolen that from Dean

HuskerPAC

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Holy fuck. Smoking my prime rib now. Dry brined for 48 hours, duck fat, rosemary, thyme, sage, pepper, and garlic for the crust. Going to finish in broiler to crisp the outside.

Auger quit working on smoker. Got it fixed but I’m hoping it didn’t ruin my cook.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Holy fuck. Smoking my prime rib now. Dry brined for 48 hours, duck fat, rosemary, thyme, sage, pepper, and garlic for the crust. Going to finish in broiler to crisp the outside.

Auger quit working on smoker. Got it fixed but I’m hoping it didn’t ruin my cook.
Hang in there dude that stinks. It will turn out. You can always finish in the oven

blackshirt84

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Christmas Eve tradition is a combo of traditional Swedish (dads side) / Polish (moms side) food.

Swedish
Lutefisk over boiled potatoes
Pickled herring
Swedish meatballs
Ostakaka and Lingenberries
Potatoe Bologna

Polish
Smoked polish sausage from Frank Stoysich
Homemade Pierogies
Alcohol

Christmas Day we have been going out for Hibachi the last few years and enjoy not cooking on Christmas Day

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
Cooked to 135. I would stop at 120 if you're cooking for yourself or other rare meat lovers. Overall I'd skip the whole Wellington thing and just roast the tenderloin plain, the extra layers don't add all that much outside of looking fancy. Still more tender than a crockpot roast and more delicious.
PXL_20221226_015943391.jpg

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds