Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NSFW Christmas dinner cooking thread (3 Viewers)

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Cooked it as low as the oven could go to just shy of 120. Pull it out for half an hour, turned the oven up to 500 and threw it back in for about 8 minutes. Crust was incredible.
The reverse sear method can’t be beat. It also works very well on Turkey or about anything. Eliminates the grey outer ring. Plus it’s much easier and quicker to get good carmelization when the meat is already warmed up once you crank it

It’s more or less sous vide for people with testicles.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
Best weekend of the year. Family’s back together and my wife and mother in law are fantastic cooks.

Tonight we did air land and sea- I seared some pheasant for first course with some whipped parsnip and cherry gastrique. Wife did chateaubriand and mother in law did lobster bisque for the main with some killer creamed corn. Cocktail contest tonight where everyone makes one and the winner gets $100. Made a habanero marg. Feta brined martini won

Tomorrow night we’re doing the feast of seven fishes and prime rib on Monday with lots of bourbon in tow throughout. Casey’s pizza on tuesday night as is tradition

Love seeing your work boys, merry christmas

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
Best weekend of the year. Family’s back together and my wife and mother in law are fantastic cooks.

Tonight we did air land and sea- I seared some pheasant for first course with some whipped parsnip and cherry gastrique. Wife did chateaubriand and mother in law did lobster bisque for the main with some killer creamed corn. Cocktail contest tonight where everyone makes one and the winner gets $100. Made a habanero marg. Feta brined martini won

Tomorrow night we’re doing the feast of seven fishes and prime rib on Monday with lots of bourbon in tow throughout. Casey’s pizza on tuesday night as is tradition

Love seeing your work boys, merry christmas
Attachment.jpeg
this tasted like heaven

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
View attachment 31744
this tasted like heaven

Looks like the Christmas meal at a VFW.

Shoutout to the old ladies running the kitchen at the Valentine VFW who used to always give me extra pumpkin pie loaded with cool whip while I waited on my Grandpa to get super lit on apricot moonshine before driving us home.

magical Holiday memories

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG

Shoutout to the old ladies running the kitchen at the Valentine VFW who used to always give me extra pumpkin pie loaded with cool whip while I waited on my Grandpa to get super lit on apricot moonshine before driving us home.

magical Holiday memories
it was actually thanksgiving meal put on by the Presbyterian church in town

Alum-Ni

Quarterback
Stats Guy

magical Holiday memories
That sounds delicious.

My grandpa used to make homemade cherry brandy.........mmmmmm

Dawgsauce

Cornerback
Elite Member
Question for y'all. I have an 11.5 lb. rib roast. I had to purchase early and then drive it up to Michigan so I froze it. Pulled it out of freezer yesterday morning and will be cooking it later tomorrow, maybe around 4-5 in afternoon. It still feels pretty frozen. Will it be thawed all the way by the time I want to cook it tomorrow? If not, any suggestions?

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Question for y'all. I have an 11.5 lb. rib roast. I had to purchase early and then drive it up to Michigan so I froze it. Pulled it out of freezer yesterday morning and will be cooking it later tomorrow, maybe around 4-5 in afternoon. It still feels pretty frozen. Will it be thawed all the way by the time I want to cook it tomorrow? If not, any suggestions?
You can sit it out. Another option if you’re fucked with time is to thaw it out in cold water.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
You thawing in fridge?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds