Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NSFW Christmas dinner cooking thread (3 Viewers)

Fitzjess21

Cornerback
Elite Member
Question for y'all. I have an 11.5 lb. rib roast. I had to purchase early and then drive it up to Michigan so I froze it. Pulled it out of freezer yesterday morning and will be cooking it later tomorrow, maybe around 4-5 in afternoon. It still feels pretty frozen. Will it be thawed all the way by the time I want to cook it tomorrow? If not, any suggestions?
Set it out. Beef is fine to be out at room temp for a while.

Dawgsauce

Cornerback
Elite Member
room temp. before you throw it on. 225 for like 4-5 hours to 125-127 pull it out, either wrap it or just let it rest for a good 20 minutes
I've got the cooking down, although different from how you do it. I've just never frozen one before. I hate freezing beef that I can't fit into a vac sealed bag. Appreciate everyone's feedback. FYI, I do 450 for 30, and then 300 till 115 internal temp. 15 minute rest.

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
I've got the cooking down, although different from how you do it. I've just never frozen one before. I hate freezing beef that I can't fit into a vac sealed bag. Appreciate everyone's feedback. FYI, I do 450 for 30, and then 300 till 115 internal temp. 15 minute rest.
im thinking about throwing it in the oven to start at that 450 or so to get more of a bark

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
im thinking about throwing it in the oven to start at that 450 or so to get more of a bark
Try the other way boys. Eliminates the grey outer ring. Thomas Keller pulls his at 128. I’m shooting for 120 tomorrow as they keep going between 5-20 degrees

Dawgsauce

Cornerback
Elite Member
Yeah, that's why I do it. I also make a butter garlic herb spread that I rub on it before going into oven. 2 sticks unsalted, 14 cloves, thyme leaves, 4 tbsp of olive oil. Put in processor and then rub on the meat.

Dawgsauce

Cornerback
Elite Member
Try the other way boys. Eliminates the grey outer ring
You mean reverse sear? I like doing that as well, but in laws kitchen is a madhouse. I need to slowly reach temp because there's a chance something gets fucked in the madness. Thermometers have alarms, but little fuckers running around mess with my shit. Not chancing it here.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
You mean reverse sear? I like doing that as well, but in laws kitchen is a madhouse. I need to slowly reach temp because there's a chance something gets fucked in the madness. Thermometers have alarms, but little fuckers running around mess with my shit. Not chancing it here.
Haha fair enough. You need a controlled environment. Godspeed

Walter Sobchak

Master of smoking meats and trees
Elite Member
Small (5.5 lb) Cajun smoked prime rib, ham balls, brown butter mashed taters, gravy, smoked cheddar mac n cheese, green bean casserole, chocolate chip cookies, blueberry pie, pecan pie, chocolate peanut butter pie. Lots of ice cold high life bottles and a 2 gram disposable indica vape pen that tastes like blue slushees. Can't fucking wait. Merry xmas boys go big red!

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
Small (5.5 lb) Cajun smoked prime rib, ham balls, brown butter mashed taters, gravy, smoked cheddar mac n cheese, green bean casserole, chocolate chip cookies, blueberry pie, pecan pie, chocolate peanut butter pie. Lots of ice cold high life bottles and a 2 gram disposable indica vape pen that tastes like blue slushees. Can't fucking wait. Merry xmas boys go big red!
Ham balls are a gdamn delicacy.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Epic menu!

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
IMG-4111.jpg

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds