Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

"Chaos" and "Failure" (1 Viewer)

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
Best-case scenario at this point. So far, it's 4
in 2012 you started with 3 out of 4 gimmies. then played teams on the downtrend and got to 10 wins. awesome year real fun.

but you lose to a shitty ucla team 36-30 and get your dick handed to you vs ohio state. then implode and lose 70-31 to a 7-5 wisconsin team. how the fuck is that any better than 3-5 or 5-7 during a rebuild and through a pandemic.

the point im trying to make, is that 9 wins aint the cake walk it used to be. Dont misremember the Bo years, it was a lot of smoke and not much substance.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
in 2012 you started with 3 out of 4 gimmies. then played teams on the downtrend and got to 10 wins. awesome year real fun.

but you lose to a shitty ucla team 36-30 and get your dick handed to you vs ohio state. then implode and lose 70-31 to a 7-5 wisconsin team. how the fuck is that any better than 3-5 or 5-7 during a rebuild and through a pandemic.

the point im trying to make, is that 9 wins aint the cake walk it used to be. Dont misremember the Bo years, it was a lot of smoke and not much substance.
Pelini was better than what Frost has been so far. But that guy couldn’t win a big game to save his life.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Pelini was better than what Frost has been so far. But that guy couldn’t win a big game to save his life.
I was watching the 2009 choke job against va tech on the acc network. It was refreshing watching a Husker team play real special teams. It’s too bad our offense was pathetic that year.

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
im fairly certain 2017 coach of the year couldve “rebuilt” 2008 nebraska with guys like Ndamukong suh on roster.

i think frost has done a tremendous job of building offensive and defensive line depth and be shit the bed recrutiing rb’s and wr’s but has adjusted his approach.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
im fairly certain 2017 coach of the year couldve “rebuilt” 2008 nebraska with guys like Ndamukong suh on roster.

i think frost has done a tremendous job of building offensive and defensive line depth and be shit the bed recrutiing rb’s and wr’s but has adjusted his approach.
I don’t think Chinander would have produced as dominant of a defense as the Pelini bros with Marvin. Those three together on a staff could coach some defense. Pelini also valued special teams, something frost doesn’t in my view. Pelini won multiple games he shouldn’t have with good special teams play. Outside the one disastrous year he did a pretty good job in this aspect.

Last edited:

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
I don’t think Chinander would have produced as dominant of a defense as the Pelini bros with Marvin. Those three together on a staff could coach some defense. Pelini also valued special teams, something frost doesn’t in my view.
i agree with that. ill say whenever you
attacked our edges downhill and added a good mobile qb, we imploded

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG

I was no fan of Bo by any means, but he never lost to Purdue & Illinois, and was 3-1 vs. Cockeye and NW. Frost needs to start with winning the games he should win, not getting boat-raced at home by Illinois or losing to Minnehaha that only suited up 50 guys. Real fun.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
I pray to the little baby Jesus every night for Coach Frost being able to turn it around and bring us 8 wins this year, so we can talk about upcoming 10 win season possibilities. Come on little 8lb 10oz baby Jesus, deliver us from Dr. Tom‘s deal with the devil.
I Hope Please GIF

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was no fan of Bo by any means, but he never lost to Purdue & Illinois, and was 3-1 vs. Cockeyes and NW. Frost needs to start with winning the games he should win, not getting boat-raced at home by Illinois or losing to Minnehaha that only suited up 50 guys. Real fun.
This is really it for me. Win the games you should win. Period. Drop a couple close ones...fine, but win the ones you should.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member

Probably true, especially in a bad Big 12 North.

I think where I'm disappointed most so far with the Frost Era is just the lack of a real offensive identity. It looked like late in that first year it was really taking shape and then all of the sudden 2 guards who were just ok and Ozigbo and Morgan leave (two good not great players) and the offense takes a gigantic step back in year 2. Hopefully with what appears to be good O Line and D Line recruiting this team takes a big step forward and wins some games they maybe shouldn't and wins the games they definitely should in a convincing matter.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is really it for me. Win the games you should win. Period. Drop a couple close ones...fine, but win the ones you should.
If we win the games we should win at this point we get to 5-6 wins. It’s pretty easy to see why Frost was trying to weasel out of the Oklahoma game.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Probably true, especially in a bad Big 12 North.

I think where I'm disappointed most so far with the Frost Era is just the lack of a real offensive identity. It looked like late in that first year it was really taking shape and then all of the sudden 2 guards who were just ok and Ozigbo and Morgan leave (two good not great players) and the offense takes a gigantic step back in year 2. Hopefully with what appears to be good O Line and D Line recruiting this team takes a big step forward and wins some games they maybe shouldn't and wins the games they definitely should in a convincing matter.

I think this is one of the biggest reasons that Frost went out and got Lubick to coordinate his offense. Should have hired him from the start.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds