Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

"Chaos" and "Failure" (2 Viewers)

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
I will start this thread by pointing out how ridiculously parochial this headline is.

If you think the only 2 words that can describe Nebraska athletics for nearly 30 years are "Chaos" and "Failure" than you are a fucking idiot that has never left the bubble of Nebraska.

If Nebraska, who in that time period has had a Heisman trophy, has played for/lost a National Title game, has had another heisman finalist, has had multiple high win total seasons and bowl game wins, multiple first round draft picks, etc etc, is a "failure" than what the ever loving fuck do you call schools like: KSU, KU, Colorado, Texas A&M, Missouri, Indiana, Purdue, Minnesota, Illinois, Northwestern, etc etc. etc.?? (literally could probably name 30 more schools with less success over that time frame)

Mediocre, under performed, fallen below expectations, been overrated --> ALL of these are valid. Sure, there has been failures. Sure, there has been chaos.

HOWEVA, (Stephan A. Smith voice) don't you dare tell me that those are the only 2 words to describe Nebraska football since Osborne left.

PS: Chaos? Really... do you know what chaos is? Chaos is ever off season worried about what conference will take you if the Big 12 dissolves. Chaos is not having a never ending faucet of B1G money flowing in. KSU fans are constantly worried about conference realignment because they know when the music stops there is a high likelihood of them not having a chair to sit. KSU has had a Student Population decline every year since 2014. In the past 7 years the KSU student population has dropped 35%. (undergrad was slightly over 23,000 now it is below 15,000) THAT IS CHAOS

Last edited:

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
With a picture of your butthole
giphy.gif

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I will start this thread by pointing out how ridiculously parochial this headline is.

If you think the only 2 words that can describe Nebraska athletics for nearly 30 years are "Chaos" and "Failure" than you are a fucking idiot that has never left the bubble of Nebraska.

If Nebraska, who in that time period has had a Heisman trophy, has played for/lost a National Title game, has had another heisman finalist, has had multiple high win total seasons and bowl game wins, multiple first round draft picks, etc etc, is a "failure" than what the ever loving fuck do you call schools like: KSU, KU, Colorado, Texas A&M, Missouri, Indiana, Purdue, Minnesota, Illinois, Northwestern, etc etc. etc.?? (literally could probably name 30 more schools with less success over that time frame)

Mediocre, under performed, fallen below expectations, been overrated --> ALL of these are valid. Sure, there has been failures. Sure, there has been chaos.

HOWEVA, (Stephan A. Smith voice) don't you dare tell me that those are the only 2 words to describe Nebraska football since Osborne left.

PS: Chaos? Really... do you know what chaos is? Chaos is ever off season worried about what conference will take you if the Big 12 dissolves. Chaos is not having a never ending faucet of B1G money flowing in. KSU fans are constantly worried about conference realignment because they know when the music stops there is a high likelihood of them not having a chair to sit. KSU has had a Student Population decline every year since 2014. In the past 7 years the KSU student population has dropped 35%. (undergrad was slightly over 23,000 now it is below 15,000) THAT IS CHAOS

This is so spot on

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

Dirk will always lump Pelini into the horrific years of Husker football because he has a hard-on for the guy. We are close to being Kansas now which is scary and Frost deserves 2-3 more years win or lose according to a lot of people.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
My favorite line from the article:

“Perlman’s new $1 million athletic director, identified via search firm and validated by Barry Alvarez, was a polished, deliberate, socially awkward former lawyer from Wisconsin.”

Socially awkward…lol.

Wasn’t he the highest paid AD in the game when he was here?

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
Dirk will always lump Pelini into the horrific years of Husker football because he has a hard-on for the guy. We are close to being Kansas now which is scary and Frost deserves 2-3 more years win or lose according to a lot of people.
he deserves more time if he wins more than 6 games. 6-6 would fucking suck

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG

Bruh… we ain’t even close to being as bad as KU

Look at their past few seasons… it’s astounding how bad they are. They ain’t losing at Ohio State and at Wisconsin, etc…. They get mud holed by FCS and Group of 5 schools

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Bruh… we ain’t even close to being as bad as KU

Look at their past few seasons… it’s astounding how bad they are. They ain’t losing at Ohio State and at Wisconsin, etc…. They get mud holed by FCS and Group of 5 schools
There was definitely some hyperbole comparing NU to KU, but we are pretty much a cellar dweller. We are much more likely to finish in the bottom half of the BIG west this year than the top half. I’m guessing we finish 5th or 6th in our division which is a joke.

Last edited:

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I totally agree. I’m just stating that is where we are right now. 6-6 will be considered progress, which is sad.
I know you know. Some others can’t figure it out. I’m not one of those people who think only a Nebraska guy can turn it around. I also don’t think we are destined to be shit forever if Frost can’t fix it. Maybe Frost is a shitty power 5 coach and we get lucky and the next guy gets it done.

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I know you know. Some others can’t figure it out. I’m not one of those people who think only a Nebraska guy can turn it around. I also don’t think we are destined to be shit forever if Frost can’t fix it. Maybe Frost is a shitty power 5 coach and we get lucky and the next guy gets it done.
Finding a competent AD is the first step.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds