Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Season turning from success to failure (1 Viewer)

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Casey was shown the door, ask around and you’ll find that he wasn’t given a chance to compete. Who cares if he wasn’t liked? This isn’t a popularity contest. They ran him off and left a room with Sims, Purdy & HH. That is a major red flag to me.

God forbid we go over that Vegas O/U, you know it is ok to set our own expectations around here and strive for more. Folks didn’t expect the Big Ten to be this bad either so hitting the over was ripe for the taking and we had a golden opportunity to do it.

Good Lord, I get tired of this revisionist history as though Casey Thompson was some QB God. Casey had the ultimate safety blanked in Tre Palmer. If you take him away from the team last year, his performance is significantly diminished. People forget how many questionable throws that he made every game. I can't even count the number of dropped interceptions (much like HH was lucky in early on) or the times you were saying to yourself, "Where the fuck is he throwing it". It's just ridiculous to think that anything would be different if he was here and that's before considering that he was frail and would have been broken in half the first real hit that he took.

wildcat_husker

Cornerback
Elite Member
Good Lord, I get tired of this revisionist history as though Casey Thompson was some QB God. Casey had the ultimate safety blanked in Tre Palmer. If you take him away from the team last year, his performance is significantly diminished. People forget how many questionable throws that he made every game. I can't even count the number of dropped interceptions (much like HH was lucky in early on) or the times you were saying to yourself, "Where the fuck is he throwing it". It's just ridiculous to think that anything would be different if he was here and that's before considering that he was frail and would have been broken in half the first real hit that he took.
This is correct.

He had 5 TDs and 5 interceptions this year before (not surprisingly) getting injured.

Tre Palmer was a huge stud and made him look good. He would not replicate last year’s results and had no chance at making it through the first few games without getting injured.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sims has been a massive disappointment, but our schedule is one of the easiest in power 5 and our easiest in decades. I figured we'd end up at five or six wins coming into the year, but the depths of how terrible our schedule really turned out to be has frankly raised the bar in my mind. If we end the year with five wins, it will be a sizeable disappointment and that was not my sentiment at the beginning of the year.

We've played one great team, and arguably there's not another good team on our slate... Cockeye's current record notwithstanding, which benefits from the same trash schedule as we do.
You didn't read my post. You're doing exactly what I said you would.

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
You didn't read my post. You're doing exactly what I said you would.
I read your post. We both agreed on a 6 win range at the beginning of season. What I don't agree with, is your reasoning that all the variables wash out. Our schedule is not a controllable variable. It is absolutely atrocious and if we don't win six this year with this schedule, it will be a big disappointment and we will have underachieved despite all of the other variables you cited.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I read your post. We both agreed on a 6 win range at the beginning of season. What I don't agree with, is your reasoning that all the variables wash out. Our schedule is not a controllable variable. It is absolutely atrocious and if we don't win six this year with this schedule, it will be a big disappointment and we will have underachieved despite all of the other variables you cited.
Oh I agree with that 1000%. That's not even up for debate.

Knowing what we know now, this team should be 9-3 vs this schedule. (though we don't have even a D+ level QB on this roster so that needs to be taken into account)

HuskerFaith

Bench Warmer
Two 3 point losses that could have easily been wins have turned what looked like a resurrection of a downtrodden program into a failure of a season.

I like Rhule but I'm losing faith quickly. I swear to God I’ve never seen a program give so many games away. Something drastic almost has to happen. Deion Fucking Sanders the offense. I’m almost checked out again.
See ya. Wouldn’t want to be ya. Quit your bitching and just move on.
t

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds