Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

I hadn't realized until Callahan's article this morning how much of a failure Big Red Blitz was (2 Viewers)

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Frost only drew 60 people? Some crowds were less than 20? I know you have sunshine pumpers trying to talk about bad promotion and/or it taking place during business hours, but come on. Those numbers have to mean something else, don't they? I can't imagine coaches ever drawing such a paltry showing. What are you guys hearing or thinking?

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Frost only drew 60 people? Some crowds were less than 20? I know you have sunshine pumpers trying to talk about bad promotion and/or it taking place during business hours, but come on. Those numbers have to mean something else, don't they? I can't imagine coaches ever drawing such a paltry showing. What are you guys hearing or thinking?
If you look at Deab’s comments in that thread one can also learn that:
1. Deab is a better marketer than UNL
2. He gains more attention at events than Frost himself.

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG

We've had four straight losing seasons. Four straight years without a bowl game. Nebraska fans are some of the most loyal fans anywhere, but even the most diehard fans have got to be suffering from a case of fandom PTSD with how the offseason is going. Lots of culture talk, weightroom videos, a few hyped transfers...only to be let down in the fall. It all feels so cyclical. At some point I think people just step off the hamster wheel because they don't have the emotional energy to invest anymore and are just waiting for the shoe to drop. My gut tells me that is where most fans are right now.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
“The first time I did something like this was out in Columbus, and I think there were about 4,000 people there,” Frost said. “This tells me I better start winning. I’m starting to feel like the Charlie Daniels Band. He used to be really big, and now he plays at county fairs.”

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
We've had four straight losing seasons. Four straight years without a bowl game. Nebraska fans are some of the most loyal fans anywhere, but even the most diehard fans have got to be suffering from a case of fandom PTSD with how the offseason is going. Lots of culture talk, weightroom videos, a few hyped transfers...only to be let down in the fall. It all feels so cyclical. At some point I think people just step off the hamster wheel because they don't have the emotional energy to invest anymore and are just waiting for the shoe to drop. My gut tells me that is where most fans are right now.
"We've had four straight losing seasons. Four straight years without a bowl game. Nebraska fans are some of the most loyal fans anywhere, but even the most diehard fans have got to be suffering from a case of fandom PTSD with how the offseason is going. Lots of culture talk, weightroom videos, a few hyped transfers...only to be let down in the fall. It all feels so cyclical. At some point I think people just step off the hamster wheel because they don't have the emotional energy to invest anymore and are just waiting for the shoe to drop. My gut tells me that is where most fans are right now." -- BIGSTICK67

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
or the hastings blitz is at lochland of all places….no youre not drawing a 4pm crowd there

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Whoa was that a real quote??
Yeah that's a quote from Frost in Kearney, as quoted by Sean in his weekly rundown article. Apparently there were ~60 there to see Frost in Kearney. Sean clarified seven or eight times in the discussion thread that he regularly draws many times that amount for his events.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds