Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Call your shot: Coaching Search

Aren’t we under the assumption we aren’t really going to know who it is until around Thanksgiving?
Depends on who it is. If it is Aranda, Gundy, Kiffin or O'Brien then I would say Yes. Dick move to announce another teams coach has been hired during the regular season.

If it is Urban, Petersen or even Mickey then I hope we announce it ASAP so we can start the Hype Train since they aren't coaching for another team right now. Plus get going on recruiting and assembling a staff..

Depends on who it is. If it is Aranda, Gundy, Kiffin or O'Brien then I would say Yes. Dick move to announce another teams coach has been hired during the regular season.

If it is Urban, Petersen or even Mickey then I hope we announce it ASAP so we can start the Hype Train. Plus get going on recruiting and assembling a staff..
I’ll be very surprised if it’s someone like Urb or Petersen. I definitely see your point on Mickey. It’s going to get brutal for the team going down the stretch especially if Thompson packs it in. The same thinking goes for a guy like Leipold. When is he going to sign that extension at Kansas so it doesn’t hinder his recruiting? If it’s not soon that might give you an answer about our vacancy.

I’ll be very surprised if it’s someone like Urb or Petersen. I definitely see your point on Mickey. It’s going to get brutal for the team going down the stretch especially if Thompson packs it in. The same thinking goes for a guy like Leipold. When is he going to sign that extension at Kansas so it doesn’t hinder his recruiting? If it’s not soon that might give you an answer about our vacancy.

Yikes to that. Sign that extension.

Aren’t we under the assumption we aren’t really going to know who it is until around Thanksgiving?

Maybe. Hell if I know. Not sure if Turd is playing 3D chess or he just has so few interested decent coaches, or he is hamstrung by TC/Boosters/etc where he can't pay the guy(s) he wants what they need to come to Lincoln.

I don't have a feel for what the real situation is right now. Nothing would surprise me TBH. Well, maybe an A+ hire would surprise me. Maybe I am just worn out from years and years of losing and years and years of hiring shitty coaches.

When you start talking like this Baron, it's time for a nap. Shit, I've been drinking since noon so we're on the same page.

You cannot wish death upon yourself it's it's not Bert. GBR!!
I didn't say give me my death

How’d the board feel about Mark Stoops?
He’s frustrated with admin, fans, and Calipari. Probably reached his ceiling at Kentucky and Kentucky fans are surprisingly mad at him.

HC - Mark Stoops … current contract takes him up to 8kil by the end. Probably have to pay 8-10mil.
OC/QB- Rich Scangaelo (current Kentucky OC, 1st season) current salary 900k. Probably have to pay 2miion
RB - John Settle (former longtime Wisconsin rb coach, 2nd season at Kentucky) - current salary 500k. Give him 800-900k
WR/pass game coordinator - Mickey Jospeh … pay him 1 mil.
TE/Recruiting coordinator- Vince Marrow (think everyone is familiar with him, another elite recruiter - Makes 900k/year. Pay him 1 million
OL/Run game coordinator - Scott Fuchs(Kansas OL) - makes 300k. Give him 600-700k.

DC/Linebacker - Brad White (Kentucky DC) - makes 1.5 mil at Kentucky and would probably be a candidate for the full time job. Offer 2 mil a year
DL - dunno .. current guy at Kentucky is a Kentucky guy. Probably hangs around there. Pay top dollar 1 mil if needed.
CB - Travis Fisher - keep his for recruiting purposes I guess. Let him learn under Mark. - bump pay to 750k.
S - Vance Jospeh - Probably gets fired from Arizona this season imagine that’s the end of his coordinator career. Maybe Mickey convinces him if he stays. - 1.5 mil a year

Special teams - Bill Busch - up him to 600k as a thank you

On the top end you’d like at 20,850,000 a year for coaches its double what they’ve ever paid. But it would be best case scenario at this point

How’d the board feel about Mark Stoops?
He’s frustrated with admin, fans, and Calipari. Probably reached his ceiling at Kentucky and Kentucky fans are surprisingly mad at him.

HC - Mark Stoops … current contract takes him up to 8kil by the end. Probably have to pay 8-10mil.
OC/QB- Rich Scangaelo (current Kentucky OC, 1st season) current salary 900k. Probably have to pay 2miion
RB - John Settle (former longtime Wisconsin rb coach, 2nd season at Kentucky) - current salary 500k. Give him 800-900k
WR/pass game coordinator - Mickey Jospeh … pay him 1 mil.
TE/Recruiting coordinator- Vince Marrow (think everyone is familiar with him, another elite recruiter - Makes 900k/year. Pay him 1 million
OL/Run game coordinator - Scott Fuchs(Kansas OL) - makes 300k. Give him 600-700k.

DC/Linebacker - Brad White (Kentucky DC) - makes 1.5 mil at Kentucky and would probably be a candidate for the full time job. Offer 2 mil a year
DL - dunno .. current guy at Kentucky is a Kentucky guy. Probably hangs around there. Pay top dollar 1 mil if needed.
CB - Travis Fisher - keep his for recruiting purposes I guess. Let him learn under Mark. - bump pay to 750k.
S - Vance Jospeh - Probably gets fired from Arizona this season imagine that’s the end of his coordinator career. Maybe Mickey convinces him if he stays. - 1.5 mil a year

Special teams - Bill Busch - up him to 600k as a thank you

On the top end you’d like at 20,850,000 a year for coaches its double what they’ve ever paid. But it would be best case scenario at this point
I’d be fine with Mark Stoops. Not super pumped, but fine

Coach: Urban Meyer
Date Announced: November 27
Base Salary: $10 million
Is Mickey Retained: Yes
Ohio State Football GIF

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back