Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NU Starting QB today - Call Your Shot (2 Viewers)

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Ganz could run this offense just as well as (possibly better) Milton I think. Martinez would get hurt in the first game with the amount of qb running we’ve done in the last couple seasons.

I’ve always felt Ganz deserves more credit as a husker qb, personally.

turek420845

Reaction Whore
Elite Member
Was it Zac Taylor or Zac Lee that was slower than molasses? Great pocket passer and could take a beating in the pocket. I would say a healthy T Mart is my choice.

Last edited:

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Was it Zac Taylor or Zac Lee that was slower than molasses? Great pocket passer and could take a beating in the pocket. I would say a healthy T Mart is my choice.
Both were slow. Taylor was obviously better. Lee is the last qb we had that knew how to take care of the ball since the Pelini years. It’s crazy to think it’s been that long. It’s also crazy Pelini won 9 games a year with his qbs turning the ball over at a high rate.

Last edited:

sexmonster

Linebacker
A d r i a n M a r t i n e z

tenor.gif

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
Ganz could run this offense just as well as (possibly better) Milton I think. Martinez would get hurt in the first game with the amount of qb running we’ve done in the last couple seasons.

I’ve always felt Ganz deserves more credit as a husker qb, personally.

Adrian’s averaged 13.3 carries a game while Martinez averaged 13.2 so I don’t see QB carries a problem for Taylor.

I’m glad you said this though because if not I would not have taken a deeper dive into the QB numbers. I originally had Taylor Martinez as my first option followed by Ganz, that is incorrect.

Ganz would be the best option out of the QBs listed from the op in Frost’s offense; but he still isn’t a McKenzie Milton.

Here is a deeper dive into the numbers:

Milton’s statistical breakdown and what we need from the QB position to see this offense humming:

Above 60% passing completion is needed. Which 2AM exceeds greatly.

Milton averaged 8.5 yards per attempt, 2AM is currently sitting at 7.5. If the new WR weapons actually pan out this number should be closer to the 8.5 this season.

Now the hard part, turnovers. Milton did a great job or limiting turnovers. He had a 3.3 to 1 touchdown/interception ratio. 2AM currently sits at a 2:1 touchdown/interception ratio. He had very limited weapons his last two seasons, but take out his freshman year he is at a 1:1 ratio the past two seasons. So that stat needs to pull a 180 quick.

Milton averaged 2.2 passing touchdowns a game while 2AM has us at 1.1. With the new weapons I’m hoping that number jumps up closer to Miltons. Multiple passing touchdowns a game.

2AM averaged around 27 pass attempts a game while Milton is at 31.

Lastly, QB run game.

2AM averages just over 13 carries a game with a 4.7 YPC while Milton averaged 8.5 a game (almost 5 less a game - that’s 50+ less carries a season) and only averaged 3.8 YPC. Almost a full yard less. So what does that say?

We don’t have to run the ball with the QB all the time, but when should we? The redzone.

While Milton averaged around 50 less carries a season compared to 2AM. They both averaged just under a rushing touchdown a game. So Milton’s threat to run didn’t come so much between the 20s, but more of in the redzone. Does that somehow translate to our redzone troubles? It definitely plays a part, but I would like to take a deeper dive to know for sure and get some further information and statistics.

So I definitive would like to see less carries overall from Martinez (especially considering he hasn’t played a healthy season) and cut down on the turnovers. Turn his carries up in the redzone if you must, but 20s to 20s he should be slinging the football.

Husker_in_OK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
T-MAGIC was so fun to watch when healthy, but I have to go with Ganz for me with the Frost offense.

Ganz wasn't lightening fast, but could run well enough to get yards when coverages broke down. Ganz had the ability to read defenses and make quick decisions. I think he'd move the ball down the field pretty damn well in a Frost offense and get the WRs involved ..

Last edited:

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Adrian’s averaged 13.3 carries a game while Martinez averaged 13.2 so I don’t see QB carries a problem for Taylor.

I’m glad you said this though because if not I would not have taken a deeper dive into the QB numbers. I originally had Taylor Martinez as my first option followed by Ganz, that is incorrect.

Ganz would be the best option out of the QBs listed from the op in Frost’s offense; but he still isn’t a McKenzie Milton.

Here is a deeper dive into the numbers:

Milton’s statistical breakdown and what we need from the QB position to see this offense humming:

Above 60% passing completion is needed. Which 2AM exceeds greatly.

Milton averaged 8.5 yards per attempt, 2AM is currently sitting at 7.5. If the new WR weapons actually pan out this number should be closer to the 8.5 this season.

Now the hard part, turnovers. Milton did a great job or limiting turnovers. He had a 3.3 to 1 touchdown/interception ratio. 2AM currently sits at a 2:1 touchdown/interception ratio. He had very limited weapons his last two seasons, but take out his freshman year he is at a 1:1 ratio the past two seasons. So that stat needs to pull a 180 quick.

Milton averaged 2.2 passing touchdowns a game while 2AM has us at 1.1. With the new weapons I’m hoping that number jumps up closer to Miltons. Multiple passing touchdowns a game.

2AM averaged around 27 pass attempts a game while Milton is at 31.

Lastly, QB run game.

2AM averages just over 13 carries a game with a 4.7 YPC while Milton averaged 8.5 a game (almost 5 less a game - that’s 50+ less carries a season) and only averaged 3.8 YPC. Almost a full yard less. So what does that say?

We don’t have to run the ball with the QB all the time, but when should we? The redzone.

While Milton averaged around 50 less carries a season compared to 2AM. They both averaged just under a rushing touchdown a game. So Milton’s threat to run didn’t come so much between the 20s, but more of in the redzone. Does that somehow translate to our redzone troubles? It definitely plays a part, but I would like to take a deeper dive to know for sure and get some further information and statistics.

So I definitive would like to see less carries overall from Martinez (especially considering he hasn’t played a healthy season) and cut down on the turnovers. Turn his carries up in the redzone if you must, but 20s to 20s he should be slinging the football.
Only thing I didn't see is fumble comparison. Not as far apart as I thought on the rest tbh.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds