Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Assistant Coaches (2 Viewers)

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
After reading the tea leaves and watching the game today, I’m switching my opinion that Frost will be retained for another year. I don’t agree with it, but that’s just my feeling so I’m mentally preparing myself for that.

With that, we know with this there will (should) be assistant changes, particularly on the offensive side of the ball. So let’s speculate.

For me, I’d like to see Austin, Held, and Mario gone. That gives us 3 openings to work with.

1) ST coordinator - Bill Busch, Sean Snyder
2) RB coach - ?
3) OL coach - ?

Clearly I’ll need to some more research but wanted to open it up for discussion.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think a guy like Nate Scheelhaase makes a ton of sense for Nebraska. KC football legend with potential clout in KC and hopefully St Louis. Coaches RB and WR at ISU. You maybe carve out the special teams coaching role by having him and Beckton platoon WR.

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
Here's what needs to happen
Verduzco needs to go, Martinez hasn't gotten better and he has recruited like shit.
Held needs to go, he has stockpiled the room with talent but he can't properly evaluate his own room and the rotation, personnel usage on certain plays in horrible.
Lubick needs to go. This Oregon style offense doesn't work in the big 10, and his personnel rotation is hot garbage.
Beckton has done a fantastic job
Austin needs to go. It took 4 weeks to find Nuelli, can't properly evaluate his own room.

Fisher is gone at the end of this year, and Bill Busch will step in that roll.

Id hire a proven big 10 offense coordinator. Matt Canada comes to mind.
RB room I would take a look at what Memphis has been doing and is coaching that room. They have put a ton of RBs in the league.

Now a side not idk if any of herd Klatt say frost wants to go more option in the near future, so i don't know what the plan is going forward.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
After reading the tea leaves and watching the game today, I’m switching my opinion that Frost will be retained for another year. I don’t agree with it, but that’s just my feeling so I’m mentally preparing myself for that.

With that, we know with this there will (should) be assistant changes, particularly on the offensive side of the ball. So let’s speculate.

For me, I’d like to see Austin, Held, and Mario gone. That gives us 3 openings to work with.

1) ST coordinator - Bill Busch, Sean Snyder
2) RB coach - ?
3) OL coach - ?

Clearly I’ll need to some more research but wanted to open it up for discussion.
I hate that I agree with you. I was off Frost after the Illinois loss. I was skeptical after the "close, good losses," but was starting to believe. Minnesota was the official breaking point for me. I am 100% on board with making a move.

But I'm so afraid that you are right, and he will get one more year, and we will have another year of extreme disappointment. Staff changes will be made. Special Teams and offense need to go - maybe not Beckton. But, based off of the decisions Frost has made to get him here (bringing over his entire staff from UCF and his marriage to Martinez), I have zero faith in Frost to make the needed changes and hire the right people. Lastly, can someone provide me with even one example of a coach that has failed at the level that Frost has, made staff changes, and changed the trajectory of the program?

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Frost will coach QB, Brown will coach RB, Garrison will coach OL, Snyder will coach ST, and if Fisher leaves, then Busch will coach DBs and be RC. Or Busch will be ST/RC.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Here's what needs to happen
Verduzco needs to go, Martinez hasn't gotten better and he has recruited like shit.
Held needs to go, he has stockpiled the room with talent but he can't properly evaluate his own room and the rotation, personnel usage on certain plays in horrible.
Lubick needs to go. This Oregon style offense doesn't work in the big 10, and his personnel rotation is hot garbage.
Beckton has done a fantastic job
Austin needs to go. It took 4 weeks to find Nuelli, can't properly evaluate his own room.

Fisher is gone at the end of this year, and Bill Busch will step in that roll.

Id hire a proven big 10 offense coordinator. Matt Canada comes to mind.
RB room I would take a look at what Memphis has been doing and is coaching that room. They have put a ton of RBs in the league.

Now a side not idk if any of herd Klatt say frost wants to go more option in the near future, so i don't know what the plan is going forward.
I don’t know if I believe the option thing, given who we are now recruiting at QB. Haarberg and Torres ain’t option QBs.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Frost will coach QB, Brown will coach RB, Garrison will coach OL, Snyder will coach ST, and if Fisher leaves, then Busch will coach DBs and be RC. Or Busch will be ST/RC.
That doesn't get us to where we need to be. Garrison?

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Does Frost know any good P5 OL coaches?
Why does he have to know him? Go out and get the best OL coach that we can get. If those are the changes we are making, you might as well fire Frost now.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don’t know if I believe the option thing, given who we are now recruiting at QB. Haarberg and Torres ain’t option QBs.
Haarberg didn’t like getting hit in high school. I can’t see him being much of an option qb

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
I agree, just something Klatt said

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds