Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

POLL If you were HC, which assistant would you fire first? (1 Viewer)

If you were HC, which assistant would you fire first?

• Total voters

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
I'll go with Doogie. Most notable thing he's done here is get the TE coach a DUI. His room fucking sucks and he clearly can't get our young, athletic WRs on the field.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
I mean we fired the first TE coach
Technically he didn’t make it to the start of camp.

Cat Glasses GIF by Leroy Patterson

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
The entire O staff is trash just like we knew when they were hired. They have shown 0 ability to start building an identity. Their talent acquisition in the portal was awful. They’ve shown 0 ability to get young players on the field.

Rhule is a motivator and appears to be able to build meaningful relationships but he doesn’t know offense. He will get 1 more opportunity to hire an alpha on O or he will be done in the next 3 years.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
The entire O staff is trash just like we knew when they were hired. They have shown 0 ability to start building an identity. Their talent acquisition in the portal was awful. They’ve shown 0 ability to get young players on the field.

Rhule is a motivator and appears to be able to build meaningful relationships but he doesn’t know offense. He will get 1 more opportunity to hire an alpha on O or he will be done in the next 3 years.
So who would you fire first?

Edit- nm I see you voted satt

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I’d fire Uncle Donny first

Then Satt

Then the WR coach, I still don’t know what to think about that hire
Biggest thing I learned during my time working with Duval in Omaha some years back is that you better be a physically imposing individual if you are only a few years older older than the players if you want any sort of respect. If not, you better have some sort of connection to them that they know that you know what the hell you’re preachin, or you better have some pedigree to your name. If not, good luck.

Our WR room blows

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m wondering what Rhule’s evaluation is of his offensive staff.

Have a hard time thinking anything changes after year 1 but it wouldn’t surprise me if the pressure isn’t excruciating if we don’t make a bowl game this year.

Wonder if Big10 play opens up Rhule’s eyes on the caliber of coach needed in this league.

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
Ranking importance of offensive coaches:

1. OL
2. OC
3. QB
4. WR
5. RB
6. TE

By that logic, I'll go:

1. Donny
2. Satt
3. McGuire

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds