Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers) (6 Viewers)

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
Living in Colorado has made me hate them 1000x more. Especially now where people I have known for years are suddenly huge CU fans out of nowhere.
Incredible how they suddenly have a million die hards. When I went to the game last year suddenly everyone there had been fans for years and have had season tickets since they were kids (while wearing brand new Prime shirts )

Bulldog10

Linebacker
Elite Member
i don’t know how you can be a knowledgeable football fan and say the shit you have. Of course I’m worried about losing b/c I’m a Nebraska fan in 2024, but it clearly doesn’t wasn’t an ass beating.

Shadildo pegged as a second round pick by anyone who knows their ball too, btw. Pretty limited QB
I mean I can agree that I exaggerate the “ass beating” but I was in Boulder at the game so it felt a lot worse to me. I wanted to die. At the same time though, the game wasn’t close the whole second half.

Bet me then, I will happily put money up that Shadildo goes first round. I don’t know how you guys can watch last years draft and not realize teams reach for qb’s. Fucking JJ McCarthy went in the first round and Shadildo is way better than him. At most 2 qbs will go before him Beck & Ewers and more than likely all 3 will go in the first round. Also not sure what your talking about that “anyone who knows football has him going in the 2nd round bc Brendan Donahue has put out the most accurate mock draft the past 5 years & he has Shadildo going #1 overall….

Last edited:

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
TCU was ass last year too so not sure what point you’re trying to make.
Both Nebraska and TCU were better than Colorado last year. But that's the beauty of college football - the best team doesn't always win. We are talking about 18-22 year olds...there is so much more that factors into winning than just being the better team.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Both Nebraska and TCU were better than Colorado last year. But that's the beauty of college football - the best team doesn't always win. We are talking about 18-22 year olds...there is so much more that factors into winning than just being the better team.
CSU was better than CU last year as well. Their win at ASU was their most legit win. CU could have easily gone 1-11 last year.

That's why if they go 7-5 this year that'll actually be very impressive. They got the TCU win last yr due to surprise element. NU win bc NU QB handed them the ball 4 times.

If CU gets to 7-5 they'll have to do it without the freak occurrences they got last year. And I'm actually picking them to go 7-5 this yr oddly enough. I think an elite QB and WRs can take you far in their conference. I do think CU loses to NU by 2-3 TDs though.

JankTheTank

Linebacker
Elite Member

I just think about the mentality of each team going into this game. Last year Colorado started the season beating a team that played for the national title the year before. They had all the confidence in the world when Nebraska came to Boulder. And that confidence was earned at the time.

Nebraska just lost a last minute heartbreaker to Minnesota that felt like, despite the coaching change and all of the off season work, that the team was cursed to keep finding ways to lose games. Doubt was perhaps already creeping on Sims’ abilities.

This year Nebraska gets a near guaranteed win to start the season, Colorado plays NDSU, which doesn’t give them a marquee win to hang their hat on, and the game is in Lincoln.

I will also be curious how their o-line does when it’s comprised of all new players, being coached by a guy who has never been a full assistant before and the stadium is so loud they have a hard time communicating. Shadildo might be good, but he might be dealing with overcoming a litany of false starts on the line.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I just think about the mentality of each team going into this game. Last year Colorado started the season beating a team that played for the national title the year before. They had all the confidence in the world when Nebraska came to Boulder. And that confidence was earned at the time.

Nebraska just lost a last minute heartbreaker to Minnesota that felt like, despite the coaching change and all of the off season work, that the team was cursed to keep finding ways to lose games. Doubt was perhaps already creeping on Sims’ abilities.

This year Nebraska gets a near guaranteed win to start the season, Colorado plays NDSU, which doesn’t give them a marquee win to hang their hat on, and the game is in Lincoln.

I will also be curious how their o-line does when it’s comprised of all new players, being coached by a guy who has never been a full assistant before and the stadium is so loud they have a hard time communicating. Shadildo might be good, but he might be dealing with overcoming a litany of false starts on the line.
My only wish is that Memorial is uncharacteristically mean-spirited after the way they treated our fans last year.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Bet me then, I will happily put money up that Shadildo goes first round. I don’t know how you guys can watch last years draft and not realize teams reach for qb’s. Fucking JJ McCarthy went in the first round and Shadildo is way better than him. At most 2 qbs will go before him Beck & Ewers and more than likely all 3 will go in the first round. Also not sure what your talking about that “anyone who knows football has him going in the 2nd round bc Brendan Donahue has put out the most accurate mock draft the past 5 years & he has Shadildo going #1 overall….

He will at maximum have a second round grade going into next year’s draft. People who have broken down his film have really identified his flaws as a QB. He has had a millionaire father give him all the coaching support you possibly can get. The NFL drafts on potential, and he has limited upside IMO because what we see is a guy who’s almost excessively technical (because of all that coaching) and he lacks the ability to improvise or respond to pressure in the way you need as a modern QB.

Of course, NFL teams reach all the time, but McCarthy, for example, definitely has a ton more long-term potential.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
He will at maximum have a second round grade going into next year’s draft. People who have broken down his film have really identified his flaws as a QB. He has had a millionaire father give him all the coaching support you possibly can get. The NFL drafts on potential, and he has limited upside IMO because what we see is a guy who’s almost excessively technical (because of all that coaching) and he lacks the ability to improvise or respond to pressure in the way you need as a modern QB.

Of course, NFL teams reach all the time, but McCarthy, for example, definitely has a ton more long-term potential.
I don't know about that. I have a hard time seeing Sanders drop out of the top 4 QBs drafted, it's just a very weak QB class in 2025, also hard to see fewer than 4 QBs taken in the 1st round.

I do think that the loss of Sean Lewis is going to hurt Sanders. Sanders was about perfect for Lewis's quick passing game, Quick short passes really worked to Sanders strengths. I just don't see Sanders looking as good or putting up the same stats under Shurmur. I think the biggest loss this offseason for Colorado was Sean Lewis.

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Incredible how they suddenly have a million die hards. When I went to the game last year suddenly everyone there had been fans for years and have had season tickets since they were kids (while wearing brand new Prime shirts )
Haha! I always do a double take when I see a guy in a prime shirt, some hiking shorts and tevas out and about.

2 years ago you would maybe see CU gear during the fall on Saturdays. Now it’s in their weekly wardrobe lineup year round.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't know about that. I have a hard time seeing Sanders drop out of the top 4 QBs drafted, it's just a very weak QB class in 2025, also hard to see fewer than 4 QBs taken in the 1st round.

I do think that the loss of Sean Lewis is going to hurt Sanders. Sanders was about perfect for Lewis's quick passing game, Quick short passes really worked to Sanders strengths. I just don't see Sanders looking as good or putting up the same stats under Shurmur. I think the biggest loss this offseason for Colorado was Sean Lewis.
Yeah. Teams are QB crazy so he's got a great chance to go high. I'd suspect the only real way he drops out of the 1st is if his back is fucked

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
the hate in this thread has fueled me to say fuck it and take a less than 24 hour Hatin Business trip to the game. My wife might divorce me leaving her with 3 kids under 3 for a night but I need to go hate in person. Anyone else going to the game?
Have her Mom come visit her for the weekend. Problem solved.

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
I mean I can agree that I exaggerate the “ass beating” but I was in Boulder at the game so it felt a lot worse to me. I wanted to die. At the same time though, the game wasn’t close the whole second half.

McCarthy was a team player and not an asshat. Shadouche will get a few passes due to his attitude and me me me persona.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
But he is a really good rappist.
Shedeur made $876 on his rap song. LINK

I listened to a couple of lines, it was truly awful.

Not sure how hard Shedeur is prepping for the season as he's on film loafing during sprints during a practice and Cam Ward gives him a hard time for a poor throwing session. Probably overblown, but I do wonder where his head is, rapping and travelling don't prep a player for the season.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds