Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers) (5 Viewers)

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member

I ain’t never tried to fit into nothing

Ron Burgundy What GIF

Stan Raymond

Cornerback

I wouldn't classify Colorado as everybody's "Super Bowl", but there is extra incentive to beat them with all the media hype on them. The Colorado game is a bigger game due to the media hype, but it's still a game against a not very good team. You get the hype but not the quality of opponent.

I would never claim Shedeur as "staying level-headed and stay grounded", dude has a huge ego.

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider
I wouldn't classify Colorado as everybody's "Super Bowl", but there is extra incentive to beat them with all the media hype on them. The Colorado game is a bigger game due to the media hype, but it's still a game against a not very good team. You get the hype but not the quality of opponent.

I would never claim Shedeur as "staying level-headed and stay grounded", dude has a huge ego.
I think that's the thing, everyone wants to beat them because they talk so much and quite frankly, are borderline delusional. Their problem is they don't have the talent, depth, or coaching to back it up. I do however fear they will get to a bowl game this year and frustrate me. We will see how the first two games go.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
I think that's the thing, everyone wants to beat them because they talk so much and quite frankly, are borderline delusional. Their problem is they don't have the talent, depth, or coaching to back it up. I do however fear they will get to a bowl game this year and frustrate me. We will see how the first two games go.
So hard to say what they will look like, so many new players and a new offense and new defense. I do think they will be touchdown plus underdogs to @ Nebraska, Kansas State, @ Arizona, Utah, @ Kansas and Oklahoma State. Should be underdogs @ Texas Tech as well. They should beat NDSU as this isn't the NDSU from 5 years ago. They should probably beat Baylor, @ UCF and Cincinnati as well. Colorado should beat Colorado State, but that is going to be close. Colorado State hates Colorado and it's in Ft Collins, first time since 1998 I think, that's a big big game for Colorado State, I don't see Colorado wanting it as bad as Colorado State, but I do think that Colorado is a better team.

Momentum is so big in college football. If Colorado doesn't play well against NDSU gets blown out by Nebraska and loses to Colorado State, then their season is over and probably the Sanders era. But the opposite could happen as well, play well against NDSU, beat Nebraska and Colorado State then end up with 7 or 8 wins. A lot of different things could happen, hopefully Nebraska can be a part of their downfall.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
LINK

Another article. Shine's really come off Sanders, use to be the media darling, now more of a media curiosity. Still talking about him but not nearly as flattering.

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
LINK

Another article. Shine's really come off Sanders, use to be the media darling, now more of a media curiosity. Still talking about him but not nearly as flattering.
Holy fucking grammar and spell check, Mike. These are the first two “sentences” of the article:

I’m sorry, but most of what Deion Sanders says makes so sense. And Big 12 Media Day proves it.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds