Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers) (5 Viewers)

Bulldog10

Linebacker
Elite Member
FWIW I’ve mentioned that we are gonna lose a few times in here.
I’m with you! I hope we beat the fuck out of them. But people in here talking about if we beat them by 21+ I could see them going 3-9????? They won more than 3 games last year & the pac 12 was harder than the b12 will be this year. I’d be pretty surprised if they aren’t better than they were last year & if we beat them this year as well.

Kazman5k

Safety
Elite Member
I haven’t ever opened this thread until today and holy shit is our fan base full of fucking idiots. How our entire fan base can talk shit on every single thing Prime/CU do after they beat us by 18 despite us sacking Shadildo 8 times is beyond me. 79 pages talking shit on them???? Do you guys really think they will be worse then they were last year??? Get a fucking grip.
You might have also missed the thread where we have Dylan raoila instead of Jeff sims this year

Bulldog10

Linebacker
Elite Member
You might have also missed the thread where we have Dylan raoila instead of Jeff sims this year
Yeah I think we will be a lot better too. Did you miss the part where they have a top 5 pick playing quarterback too??? Oh yeah and he’s already proven himself in college.

Kazman5k

Safety
Elite Member
Yeah I think we will be a lot better too. Did you miss the part where they have a top 5 pick playing quarterback too??? Oh yeah and he’s already proven himself in college.
They had him last year and we held them in check for 3 quarters until Jeff sims finally fucked us into submission. There’s never been a college football player as self sabotaging as that motherfucker.
We can relax now tho, he’s gone.

ps I pity the fool that takes that dickhead top 5 next year

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I haven’t ever opened this thread until today and holy shit is our fan base full of fucking idiots. How our entire fan base can talk shit on every single thing Prime/CU do after they beat us by 18 despite us sacking Shadildo 8 times is beyond me. 79 pages talking shit on them???? Do you guys really think they will be worse then they were last year??? Get a fucking grip.
Oh boy we aren’t allowed to talk shit about our hated rival on a Nebraska football message board anymore because @Bulldog10 has too
much sand in his pussy

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
that was incredibly gay robert downey jr GIF

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
He’s projected top 5 in almost every mock draft but ok continue to act like you have a clue. Almost certainly a top 2 qb off the board.
I've seen him anywhere from 1st to 9th overall, 1st to 3rd among QBs. It's a pretty weak draft for QBs.

80 pages is a bit much, but I've hated Colorado almost my whole life. Watching them lose is part of a perfect Fall Saturday. There is just so much to talk about, the way they have built their roster, the almost constant presence in social media where a whole lot of it is bad makes for a compelling conversation. It's a thread about a rival that we play this year that is doing some outlandish things that are almost constantly in the media. If you don't like it, then don't participate.

Sure some predictions about the Colorado/Nebraska game are bit preposterous, but what do you expect on a Nebraska fan board? I do think we will beat them by more than a TD, they didn't improve their roster by much and I think they seriously downgraded their coaching staff. New players, new coaches, new schemes, it's a lot to overcome. I don't think they will be better than last season as I believe that the strength of their offense was Sean Lewis and his quick pass offense. They still have a good QB, some good WRs and a decent pass rush, but that is about it.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
He’s projected top 5 in almost every mock draft but ok continue to act like you have a clue. Almost certainly a top 2 qb off the board.
Well, go suck his dick then.

It seems more normal that a bunch of Husker fans are talking shit about Prime, his sons, and one of our hated rivals on a message board about Husker football than a random 'fan' who is trying to argue more and more for Colorado.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m with you! I hope we beat the fuck out of them. But people in here talking about if we beat them by 21+ I could see them going 3-9????? They won more than 3 games last year & the pac 12 was harder than the b12 will be this year. I’d be pretty surprised if they aren’t better than they were last year & if we beat them this year as well.
You might've misinterpreted the following word: "if" we beat them by 21+

There are as many guarded as there are talking shit. I don't see the majority talking in absolutes. Talking in absolutes and speaking of possibilities are two different things.

All that said, we have our fair share of idiots in the fan base - yes. But TPB consists of primarily geniuses in case you weren't aware.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
You might've misinterpreted the following word: "if" we beat them by 21+

There are as many guarded as there are talking shit. I don't see the majority talking in absolutes. Talking in absolutes and speaking of possibilities are two different things.

All that said, we have our fair share of idiots in the fan base - yes. But TPB consists of primarily geniuses in case you weren't aware.
And it is a good point. IF we beat them by 21, the bottom could certainly fall out on Colorado. They really fell apart down the stretch last year, they are an emotionally fragile team that could definitely blow up if they are blown out.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
It can take you far in the Pac-12 too. I think their ceiling is around 7th in the Big 12; if they can do that then it's a huge success.
I see them in the 7-5/8-4 zone. I think their Big 12 opponents are generally slightly worse than their Pac 12 opponents last year.

I think there's basically 2 scenarios:

1 - they start 2-0. if they do that they could well go 9-3. Their roster is better than last year so they'll deal with the injury pile-up better than 2023.

2 - they start 1-1 w loss to either NDSU or NU. If they start this way they're probably looking at 6-6 as their ceiling. Early season loss like that really hurts the Prime 'mystique'. And this program relies on that mystique/swagger to live. So if that dies in SEPT, it's gonna be a long season.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
I see them in the 7-5/8-4 zone. I think their Big 12 opponents are generally slightly worse than their Pac 12 opponents last year.

I think there's basically 2 scenarios:

1 - they start 2-0. if they do that they could well go 9-3. Their roster is better than last year so they'll deal with the injury pile-up better than 2023.

2 - they start 1-1 w loss to either NDSU or NU. If they start this way they're probably looking at 6-6 as their ceiling. Early season loss like that really hurts the Prime 'mystique'. And this program relies on that mystique/swagger to live. So if that dies in SEPT, it's gonna be a long season.
I see them more as a 6-6 ceiling type team with losses to Nebraska, Kansas St, Arizona, Utah, Kansas, and Oklahoma State. If things go South they might just go 4-8 with additional losses to Texas Tech and a fired up Colorado State team.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Maybe go back to not opening this thread and we'll all be a lot happier.

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Their D is supposed to be a lot better too from what I heard. If we don’t knock the shit out of shedeurrrrrrr early it will be a long night.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds