Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers)

Oh come on, we all know CU is going to do something on our N in the pregame. Especially since they felt like we did it to them. And we know about Prime and grudges and "this ones personal for me." That happening is literally the biggest lock of the entire football season.

The only question is, do they get a reaction from our players? I think this is so obvious that they have to know it's coming, so I will be very disappointed if we react and get a penalty or suspension.

CU players starting shit on our N is literally the most guaranteed of any guarantees for the entire 2024 season. And you can absolutely bookmark this post, because it's 100% going to happen.

Just place 100% of the scout team OL & DL in a protective barrier surrounding it the entire pregame. Hell, put them in Taekwondo outfits to send a message not to FAAFO.

If they die, they die!

You’re probably not wrong, I just thought your delivery felt a little manic. Just giving you some shit, amigo.

Haha I think you’re totally right that they’ll start some shit before the game, but the idea that it could result in ejections, let alone 4-5 starters being ejected, is a little wacky.

That being said, our fans are gonna be bloodthirsty that night and I say bring on their little shenanigans.

Ya...4-5 starters being ejected would mean that there was an all-out brawl. That won't happen. Things might get a little chippy at midfield, but worst case scenario is a 15-yard personal foul.

Colorado might try to instigate something to get us worked up and out of control, but they will not try and start a brawl.

I will counter this discussion with the following question:

Wouldn't you want CU to try this type of stunt? The crowd is already going to be hostile. But if CU wants to add some fuel to the fire, then I think it could really be a major bonus for Nebraska, the Environment, and the way the Husker roster responds to the moment.

These are the crowd numbers they faced last season:

53,400 at TCU
59,800 at Oregon
54,000 at Arizona State
67,000 at UCLA
28,000 at Washington State
51,595 at Utah

Deion, his kids, and the vast majority of that roster hasn't faced anything like what they will see in Lincoln They've also only played one road game, at night, and that was at Washington State in front a crowd smaller than Bellevue. If CU wants to spark even more emotions, I think it will certainly backfire on them.

67,000 at UCLA
Steve Brule What GIF

I will counter this discussion with the following question:

Wouldn't you want CU to try this type of stunt? The crowd is already going to be hostile. But if CU wants to add some fuel to the fire, then I think it could really be a major bonus for Nebraska, the Environment, and the way the Husker roster responds to the moment.

These are the crowd numbers they faced last season:

53,400 at TCU
59,800 at Oregon
54,000 at Arizona State
67,000 at UCLA
28,000 at Washington State
51,595 at Utah

Deion, his kids, and the vast majority of that roster hasn't faced anything like what they will see in Lincoln They've also only played one road game, at night, and that was at Washington State in front a crowd smaller than Bellevue. If CU wants to spark even more emotions, I think it will certainly backfire on them.
For sure! Bring it on! I just don't think they'd ever manage to get 4-5 of our starters ejected haha

Wouldn't you want CU to try this type of stunt?
The thing you know will happen is Shadildo will 100% do something on our N in the pregame and then post it on his social media. This is more of a lock then the sun coming up tomorrow morning. It will happen. That will be before the crowd is arriving though.

It will likely end there. I do think some of the CU scrub/reserve players will probably be barking at our guys at midfield during warmups. Surely Rhule knows this though and will prep the team for it. Bc you don't want a young guy like Barney (who will know all of CU's FL guys) getting wrapped up in it.

Don’t remember exactly what season it was, but my dad made a good bit of money betting against us several times. (He only bets against us) In games where we are favored it helped ease his pain a bit by cashing in after all the losses.
I had my best gambling year in decades in 2021. I would bet the game line on whoever was playing NEB and I think I won every game but 2. Went like 8-2 that year.

I had my best gambling year in decades in 2021. I would bet the game line on whoever was playing NEB and I think I won every game but 2. Went like 8-2 that year.

I had a non Husker fan buddy who earned nearly 5 Grand betting against Scott Frost when Nebraska played a game under the following conditions:

- Nebraska was coming off a bye
- Nebraska's opponent was coming off a bye
- Nebraska's opponent had a week off due to dumb Covid rules
- Nebraska and their Big Ten opponent were opening up the season in Game One.

Frost was 0-9 in those games.

Nebraska's win over Northwestern last season was the first time the Huskers won a game coming off a bye since the Purdoodoo game in 2017. Ironically, Mike Riley's last Husker game coming off a bye and Matt Rhule's first Husker game coming off a bye were both wins. Frost never won any of them in between.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back