Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers) (4 Viewers)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I had a non Husker fan buddy who earned nearly 5 Grand betting against Scott Frost when Nebraska played a game under the following conditions:

- Nebraska was coming off a bye
- Nebraska's opponent was coming off a bye
- Nebraska's opponent had a week off due to dumb Covid rules
- Nebraska and their Big Ten opponent were opening up the season in Game One.

Frost was 0-9 in those games.

Nebraska's win over Northwestern last season was the first time the Huskers won a game coming off a bye since the Purdue game in 2017. Ironically, Mike Riley's last Husker game coming off a bye and Matt Rhule's first Husker game coming off a bye were both wins. Frost never won any of them in between.
Again though you have to clarify ML vs spread. Most avg Joes bet the point spread, not the ML. You're talking about ML bets.

Overall I actually won a net $$ profit during the Fraudst years and many of those wins were betting ON the Huskers, not against. Reason being, as the public got more and more negative on the Skers, you started to see a bunch of +8 to +12 lines in these big games. But I knew that Fraudst would always find a way to lose by 3 to 7 points. So you could have actually made a lot of money by taking the Skers in those large spread games. Fraudst always lost, but he'd lose close, by God.

My missed opportunity in that era is I didn't take near as many ML bets against Frost as I should have. I guess that's the wild eyed optimist in me (holding out hope we'd actually win one of those big games, which we never did).

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
If we curb stomp CU, they'll be lucky to win 3 games
Correct. CU will fall apart if that happens.

If we beat CU by 21 or more and CU actually patches things together and goes 7-5....then I will actually have to give Deion some credit. Because that would take strong coaching to keep your team together like that.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
I had a non Husker fan buddy who earned nearly 5 Grand betting against Scott Frost when Nebraska played a game under the following conditions:

- Nebraska was coming off a bye
- Nebraska's opponent was coming off a bye
- Nebraska's opponent had a week off due to dumb Covid rules
- Nebraska and their Big Ten opponent were opening up the season in Game One.

Frost was 0-9 in those games.

Nebraska's win over Northwestern last season was the first time the Huskers won a game coming off a bye since the Purdue game in 2017. Ironically, Mike Riley's last Husker game coming off a bye and Matt Rhule's first Husker game coming off a bye were both wins. Frost never won any of them in between.
Speaking of bye weeks, it feels like even when our schedule is easier this conference still tries to screw us. This is tedious for me to research on my phone, but it appears that 4 of our 9 conference games are against teams coming off a bye week. Indiana, OSU, USC, and UCLA all get 2 weeks to prepare for us. Cockeye on the other hand only to play Michigan State coming off a bye.

Any substance to this or is it just bad luck? I should tally up how many opponents every team faces coming off a bye.

Also might as well mention that Colorado plays on a Thursday to open the season so they get a couple extra days of rest and prep as well.

Last edited:

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Not impossible that Colorado is in the championship game. Not any power houses in that list. You could make a good case for any of those top 5 winning it. That prediction looks reasonable though.
Yeah. Looking at that list of seemingly random schools really made all this realignment stuff hit home. The Big 12 is like if you took the middle tier of three different conferences and stuck them together. Just no “flagship” schools.

Last edited:

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Speaking of bye weeks, it feels like even when our schedule is easier this conference still tries to screw us. This is tedious for me to research on my phone, but it appears that 4 of our 9 conference games are against teams coming off a bye week. Indiana, OSU, USC, and UCLA all get 2 weeks to prepare for us. Cockeye on the other hand only to play Michigan State coming off a bye.

Any substance to this or is it just bad luck? I should tally up how many opponents every team faces coming off a bye.

Also might as well mention that Colorado plays on a Thursday to open the season so they get a couple extra days of rest and prep as well.
Maybe the people really running the B1G are the ones running the simulation.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Not impossible that Colorado is in the championship game. Not any power houses in that list. You could make a good case for any of those top 5 winning it. That prediction looks reasonable though.
They'll definitely finish higher than 11th. I'm actually surprised by that preseason ranking.

Having an NFL QB and good WRs can take you far in the Big 12. There's honestly no way they'll finish that low.

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
They'll definitely finish higher than 11th. I'm actually surprised by that preseason ranking.

Having an NFL QB and good WRs can take you far in the Big 12. There's honestly no way they'll finish that low.
It can take you far in the Pac-12 too. I think their ceiling is around 7th in the Big 12; if they can do that then it's a huge success.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Do we have a tPB nickname for the Colorado Buffalos

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
Pretty close to impossible though. Those top 5 teams will run right over Colorado and Colorado plays all 5 of them. Colorado doesn't match up well with those teams.

Bulldog10

Linebacker
Elite Member
I haven’t ever opened this thread until today and holy shit is our fan base full of fucking idiots. How our entire fan base can talk shit on every single thing Prime/CU do after they beat us by 18 despite us sacking Shadildo 8 times is beyond me. 79 pages talking shit on them???? Do you guys really think they will be worse then they were last year??? Get a fucking grip.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
I haven’t ever opened this thread until today and holy shit is our fan base full of fucking idiots. How our entire fan base can talk shit on every single thing Prime/CU do after they beat us by 18 despite us sacking Shadildo 8 times is beyond me. 79 pages talking shit on them???? Do you guys really think they will be worse then they were last year??? Get a fucking grip.
FWIW I’ve mentioned that we are gonna lose a few times in here.

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
We only lost by 18??? Felt like a lot more

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds