Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers)

Always Sunny Reaction GIF
Oh come on, we all know CU is going to do something on our N in the pregame. Especially since they felt like we did it to them. And we know about Prime and grudges and "this ones personal for me." That happening is literally the biggest lock of the entire football season.

The only question is, do they get a reaction from our players? I think this is so obvious that they have to know it's coming, so I will be very disappointed if we react and get a penalty or suspension.

CU players starting shit on our N is literally the most guaranteed of any guarantees for the entire 2024 season. And you can absolutely bookmark this post, because it's 100% going to happen.

Oh come on, we all know CU is going to do something on our N in the pregame. Especially since they felt like we did it to them. And we know about Prime and grudges and "this ones personal for me." That happening is literally the biggest lock of the entire football season.

The only question is, do they get a reaction from our players? I think this is so obvious that they have to know it's coming, so I will be very disappointed if we react and get a penalty or suspension.

CU players starting shit on our N is literally the most guaranteed of any guarantees for the entire 2024 season. And you can absolutely bookmark this post, because it's 100% going to happen.
Just place 100% of the scout team OL & DL in a protective barrier surrounding it the entire pregame. Hell, put them in Taekwondo outfits to send a message not to FAAFO.

If they die, they die!

You’re probably not wrong, I just thought your delivery felt a little manic. Just giving you some shit, amigo.

Guys. I really hope we beat them.
I’m already sick to my stomach about losing this game. The doubt has overtaken me. Recently it has all become clear to me that this whole “clown show” narrative is a fabrication by The Simulation™ to bolster our confidence. All this stuff that their media puts out that we laugh at is probably going to be true. They will probably have a great pass rush, and good receivers all over the place to throw too. They could have the shittiest coaching ever, but it won’t matter. They will have enough talent, and they will be fresh. 8toes’s son can carry them to a victory over us. 99% chance he is gone after his sons have graduated, but if not he will be terrible without Shadouche to make him look good. The Simulation™ can allow that though because we won’t be on their schedule anymore.

Shitty coaches can win games with the right players. 8toes is about to “Gene Chizik” his way to a victory over us. I can feel it in my binary code.

Probably. But I'd put more money on CU trying to get some key NU players kicked out via a pregame warmup skirmish at midfield.

The Vegas odds of a pregame skirmish (I'm not saying full blown fight) breaking out at midfield before the NU-CU game is like -550. It's a lock to happen.

I think CU benefits if they can get 4-5 of our starters tossed from the game for fighting. For CU it doesn't even matter to them as long as they have Shadildo + his WRS, they'll think they have a chance. But if CU could trade 4 of their starters (non Shadildo/WR) for 4 of ours getting kicked out, Prime would probably take that trade every day of the week. I guarantee you this will happen - or at least some CU player will try to instigate this into happening.

Hopefully Rhule coaches our guys against falling for this, because it's 100% going to happen. And it'll happen in a calculated way from Deion down to his instigators. Deion will actually coach some players to start shit on the N. I'm assuming Rhule knows this & has a plan to coach his players on what to do.
Haha I think you’re totally right that they’ll start some shit before the game, but the idea that it could result in ejections, let alone 4-5 starters being ejected, is a little wacky.

That being said, our fans are gonna be bloodthirsty that night and I say bring on their little shenanigans.

Haha I think you’re totally right that they’ll start some shit before the game, but the idea that it could result in ejections, let alone 4-5 starters being ejected, is a little wacky.

That being said, our fans are gonna be bloodthirsty that night and I say bring on their little shenanigans.
Ya...4-5 starters being ejected would mean that there was an all-out brawl. That won't happen. Things might get a little chippy at midfield, but worst case scenario is a 15-yard personal foul.

Colorado might try to instigate something to get us worked up and out of control, but they will not try and start a brawl.

Feeling like Nebraska will lose this game brothers.
It’s just what happens.
The more emotionally invested I get, the harder they will let me down. I have no recollection of us ever winning a game I've wanted this badly. This might be most desperate I've ever been for a win in anything though so it's probably not a good comparison.

The more emotionally invested I get, the harder they will let me down. I have no recollection of us ever winning a game I've wanted this badly. This might be most desperate I've ever been for a win in anything though so it's probably not a good comparison.
Oh no

Miami Orange bowl '94 season. Obviously the stakes are different. This game the stakes are higher if you think about it.

Miami Orange bowl '94 season. Obviously the stakes are different. This game the stakes are higher if you think about it.
I was born in 93 so I didn’t get to see anything cool.

Yeah I feel that way too. It’s kind of cliche, but it would be a total back breaker to lose that game. This has to be what The Simulation™ is planning. Things have been too good lately. I just know it’s gonna blow it all up.

It feels like you need to place a significant bet on Colorado to win money line. Enough where losing that money would also let you down.

It feels like you need to place a significant bet on Colorado to win money line. Enough where losing that money would also let you down.
Don’t remember exactly what season it was, but my dad made a good bit of money betting against us several times. (He only bets against us) In games where we are favored it helped ease his pain a bit by cashing in after all the losses.

Feeling like Nebraska will lose this game brothers.
It’s just what happens.
I actually think we could have a 1992 repeat. Maybe not a final score quite as bad, but a similar type feel to it as it just snowballs out of control for CU.

I think Nebraska can break their will if we score on 3 of 4 first possessions or get a defensive TD like a pick 6 or fumble return.

I'm one of the few on here that think it will not be close. I think we've improved by leaps & bounds from our last game w them and won't have Sims handing them the ball all game. And we're at home. Out of the changes from last year's NU-CU game to this year's, like 85% of the differences are in NU's favor.

I actually think we could have a 1992 repeat. Maybe not a final score quite as bad, but a similar type feel to it as it just snowballs out of control for CU.

I think Nebraska can break their will if we score on 3 of 4 first possessions or get a defensive TD like a pick 6 or fumble return.

I'm one of the few on here that think it will not be close. I think we've improved by leaps & bounds from our last game w them and won't have Sims handing them the ball all game. And we're at home. Out of the changes from last year's NU-CU game to this year's, like 85% of the differences are in NU's favor.
I can see that happening. This could be a pivotal game for both programs.

I’m right there with you, believing that we will roll in this one. However I think the reasons will be more about them being so poorly coached than us being so good. We definitely have improved since that game last year especially on the offensive line (that became very clear to me in the Wisconsin game last year). I have no doubt TW will make an emphasis on creating more TOs this season so you’re probably on point with us making a defensive TD. That’s one thing that has made me pull my hair out more than anything this last decade is the lack of the ability to create TOs when we magically give the ball away to teams.

Something else I like to think on is where both programs were last year psychologically when they played.

Colorado had its chest thrust out with arrogance after it beat TCU. It was a program that felt like it had arrived. They had confidence. After the TCU game, it was somewhat warranted. That win got everyone’s attention and the spotlight was on them, just as they wanted it to be. They had the beginnings of proof that their approach worked.

Nebraska meanwhile was still healing from being snakebit all through the Frost and some of the Riley era and had come into that game with a loss that felt like much of the same as before. Sims also showed signs that the red flags that came with his transfer were valid. And boy did he really prove that then against Colorado. But Nebraska had nothing to show for itself, at least publicly, when it stepped foot onto Folsom. Colorado meanwhile was well on its way (at least it seemed like it at the time).

Rhule hadn’t had his post-Michigan Sunday practice with the team yet where they started to play with more resilience. Sims hadn’t yet been injured/benched. It wasn’t until later Rhule got a feel for what sort of team he truly had on hand and could begin making adjustments.

When they meet this time, Nebraska will almost certainly have a win the week before instead of a loss that lingers with them. The team has had an entire off season to be internally evaluated and adjusted with hirings like Glenn Thomas and revamping the QB room. The stories have all been about improvement.

Colorado meanwhile has been fending off negative stories all summer. They’ve lost half their assistant coaches, including both coordinators, and for the most part replaced them with guys with more question marks than their predecessors. The quiet scrutiny about their methods last year are not so quiet anymore. And if they win the game before us, it’s NDSU, not a team that played for the National Title the year before. If the Bison play the Buffalos close, then Colorado will have even more questions being asked.

Both teams will come into the game with different mentalities than last year. Just on that alone, it should be a situation that benefits Nebraska.

Colorado will surely start the game playing angry. But that’s not the same as the earned confidence they had when they played us last year. Nebraska should hopefully be playing like the sky is their limit still with no losses already weighing us down or making us hesitate with our approach. But if we stay with them, or hopefully pull ahead, they won’t have much else to motivate them once their anger extinguishes.

Last edited:

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back