Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers) (6 Viewers)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Saw on Hayes Fawcett live with Jordan Seaton he said DR was DMing him
Season 9 What GIF by The Office

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I wonder if the AD is starting to regret their decision or do they even care since they are getting good publicity for now. I guess things couldn’t have got any worse than where they were at before hiring Neion.
Their AD hired Karl Dorrell. He has zero clue what he’s doing

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I wonder if the AD is starting to regret their decision or do they even care since they are getting good publicity for now. I guess things couldn’t have got any worse than where they were at before hiring Neion.
100% serious: this is all still a massive win for the CU AD. Money, interest, visibility, relevance. Even if they only go 6-6 next yr it's still a big victory. And I hate Prime but that's just the truth.

What their AD really needs to be concerned with is having a gameplan when Deion resigns in DEC 2024. If he's worth anything as an AD he has a list of coaching candidates ready to go and he's on the horn the second Deion announces he's leaving CU.

Their AD acts like an imbecile but even a guy as dumb as he is has to have a crisis gameplan ready to go.

And TBH the type of coach they'll get after Deion would probably be a better caliber HC than whoever they would have gotten post-Dorell. Karl Dorrell is an amazingly bad CFB HC. He will wreck anyone's CFB program (he wrecked UCLA's too). Post Deion they'll have no players and no foundation but it will be a high profile gig again (relative to where they were 2019-2021). I cannot stand CU's AD but their program was so shitty/forgotten that he really had to do this.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
100% serious: this is all still a massive win for the CU AD. Money, interest, visibility, relevance. Even if they only go 6-6 next yr it's still a big victory. And I hate Prime but that's just the truth.

What their AD really needs to be concerned with is having a gameplan when Deion resigns in DEC 2024. If he's worth anything as an AD he has a list of coaching candidates ready to go and he's on the horn the second Deion announces he's leaving CU.

Their AD acts like an imbecile but even a guy as dumb as he is has to have a crisis gameplan ready to go.

And TBH the type of coach they'll get after Deion would probably be a better caliber HC than whoever they would have gotten post-Dorell. Karl Dorrell is an amazingly bad CFB HC. He will wreck anyone's CFB program (he wrecked UCLA's too). Post Deion they'll have no players and no foundation but it will be a high profile gig again (relative to where they were 2019-2021). I cannot stand CU's AD but their program was so shitty/forgotten that he really had to do this.
Yep. Sanders isn't building a good program at all, but he is building Colorado's brand. Like you said their AD needs to be ready to move and capitalize on the increased awareness of the Colorado brand the moment Sanders medically retires after the 2024 season, because the next coach is going to have to do a lot of work straightening that program out.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Was listening to the Ari Wasserman podcast on signing day & he had an interesting anecdote about Deion. Ari BTW is the only guy who's actually being even semi critical of Deion at this point... he said Deion's HS class was a "disaster."

Anyway the anecdote was that he had a friend on a private JSX flight from Denver to Dallas today and the friend said that Deion was on that flight. It's not a hot take or anything, just kind of a WTF? Every other HC is camped out in the war room and in their office doing interviews all day (like Rhule) and organizing the day. And Deion left his staff behind and used today as a travel day LOL.

Deion may have had a good reason, who knows....but every other HC was w his staff in their football offices all day bc it's MFing signing day. And Deion just left bc he has more important places to be apparently.

That bit is at 47:00 on the video below.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
Was listening to the Ari Wasserman podcast on signing day & he had an interesting anecdote about Deion. Ari BTW is the only guy who's actually being even semi critical of Deion at this point... he said Deion's HS class was a "disaster."

Anyway the anecdote was that he had a friend on a private JSX flight from Denver to Dallas today and the friend said that Deion was on that flight. It's not a hot take or anything, just kind of a WTF? Every other HC is camped out in the war room and in their office doing interviews all day (like Rhule) and organizing the day. And Deion left his staff behind and used today as a travel day LOL.

Deion may have had a good reason, who knows....but every other HC was w his staff in their football offices all day bc it's MFing signing day. And Deion just left bc he has more important places to be apparently.

That bit is at 47:00 on the video below.

Recruiting malpractice. LOL, that was good.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Recruiting malpractice. LOL, that was good.
Did you think that was a hot take? (the 'why is he flying out on this day of all days?' take)

It sure seemed like every big HC that I saw was literally camped out in the same chair in their office doing 20-30 interviews w different media outlets for the entire day today. After they spent the first half of the day working exhaustively to make sure their team hit all the important recruiting areas etc.

I don't think most HCs split town during the middle of signing day. I'm sure it's not a big deal...it just seems consistent w Deion's "IDGAF about recruiting or building this program" attitude. Like 'signing day? You guys got this, I'm out.'

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Did you think that was a hot take? (the 'why is he flying out on this day of all days?' take)

It sure seemed like every big HC that I saw was literally camped out in the same chair in their office doing 20-30 interviews w different media outlets for the entire day today. After they spent the first half of the day working exhaustively to make sure their team hit all the important recruiting areas etc.

I don't think most HCs split town during the middle of signing day. I'm sure it's not a big deal...it just seems consistent w Deion's "IDGAF about recruiting or building this program" attitude. Like 'signing day? You guys got this, I'm out.'
The only good explanation would be if he was as flying to visit a recruit but we all know he doesn’t visit recruits - they visit him

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds