Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers)

OK... So I did it. I re-watched the first half like a sick fuck. I am surprised how much of the game I blocked out and forgot. I think it was a defense mechanism from brain damage.

I forgot how much the announcers were harping on how awful Sims was and how utterly shocked they were than he wasn't benched and replaced in the 2nd quarter. Rightly so.

It's just unreal to me how he played with 0 awareness. The snap that he signaled directly into the motion man. The interception he threw directly to a waiting defender in the 2nd quarter. Not staying in bounds on 3rd and long, running out of bounds to stop the clock. CU gets the ball back with 49 secs left and later scores 3 before the half. Taking multiple unnecessary sacks instead of getting rid of the football. No pocket presence. Just a 0 for football IQ on top of his other mental limitations. Dumbstruck.
Season 19 Episode 6 GIF by The Simpsons

My first reaction after the game was: I actually thought that Sims was so bad that the national media was going to be like "there's an asterisk on this win vs Nebraska"... but the media in reality just went right to: "Colorado is the best team in CFB history!" There were no CFB analysts out there going "their QB literally handed them the game!" and I thought that was weird.

You just re-watched the game. That wasn't a normal 'off day' for a QB. That looked like a guy who was possessed by an evil spirit or something. That was so bad.

I certainly don't remember a game where we faced a QB who was that bad. Joe Bauserman at Ohio St comes to mind but he wasn't nearly as bad as Sims.

My first reaction after the game was: I actually thought that Sims was so bad that the national media was going to be like "there's an asterisk on this win vs Nebraska"... but the media in reality just went right to: "Colorado is the best team in CFB history!" There were no CFB analysts out there going "their QB literally handed them the game!" and I thought that was weird.

You just re-watched the game. That wasn't a normal 'off day' for a QB. That looked like a guy who was possessed by an evil spirit or something. That was so bad.

I certainly don't remember a game where we faced a QB who was that bad. Joe Bauserman at Ohio St comes to mind but he wasn't nearly as bad as Sims.
Do you think most of the pundits actually watch a lot of games?

Also really frustrating how many missed sack opportunities we had on Shadouche. I mean, they sacked him 7 times and it could've been 15. Need to do a better job wrapping him up when we get the chance next week.
I'm gonna load up Nebraska -6.5 vs CU. I'll wait a half to see that Dylan is at least competent vs UTEP then I'm gonna load up on the Skers. That's how confident I am in that game.

You can say that I'm a NU homer etc....but I just don't think it's a good matchup for Colorado. I don't think it was a good matchup for them last year, as you just saw on video. They were extremely fortunate a few things went their way last year. Kudos to them for taking advantage of it. I just don't see that repeating this year. I think the sharps will be all over that -6.5. Depending on how each team looks in week 1 of course.

IMG_1694.jpeg

And that’s exactly how cu fans saw it - CU completely dominated in all 3 phases. Just outplayed and out executed us. Fuck me.

Sims was amazing. Still can't get over that he just plain dropped two snaps and couldn't recover the ball on either one, just amazing.

I'm gonna load up Nebraska -6.5 vs CU. I'll wait a half to see that Dylan is at least competent vs UTEP then I'm gonna load up on the Skers. That's how confident I am in that game.

You can say that I'm a NU homer etc....but I just don't think it's a good matchup for Colorado. I don't think it was a good matchup for them last year, as you just saw on video. They were extremely fortunate a few things went their way last year. Kudos to them for taking advantage of it. I just don't see that repeating this year. I think the sharps will be all over that -6.5. Depending on how each team looks in week 1 of course.

View attachment 41368
My concern is if they struggle with NDSU and the line gets to 10.

I rewatched it last night and our defense played lights out for 3 qtrs. They were put in a shitty spot because of 3 turnovers and that was game. I expect Colorado to hit a couple big plays on us, but I hope we can play an Cockeye ball control game and just wear their faggot asses out.

Fuck CU. I hate that team more than any rival we've ever had.

I rewatched it last night and our defense played lights out for 3 qtrs. They were put in a shitty spot because of 3 turnovers and that was game. I expect Colorado to hit a couple big plays on us, but I hope we can play an Cockeye ball control game and just wear their faggot asses out.

Fuck CU. I hate that team more than any rival we've ever had.
Did you suffer any aneurysms?

""I know what he's doing, and I'm proud of him that he's smart enough to understand that this generation and this thought process and the way we communicate on sports it's different, and he's a dying breed. So what does he have to do to stay and keep up with this change? 'Oh I got to go find that big bad wolf and talk about it, so now I keep my relevancy.' And I'm saying, 'Cool,' but I'm not gon' help you. I'm not going to add to you, I'm not even gonna respond. Because that's what you want. Yeah, you just want me to respond. I don't do that. I'm not gon' help you come up."

Um, Coach. This was actually you responding.

https://www.si.com/college-football/kudos-to-paul-finebaum-for-calling-out-deion-sanders

""I know what he's doing, and I'm proud of him that he's smart enough to understand that this generation and this thought process and the way we communicate on sports it's different, and he's a dying breed. So what does he have to do to stay and keep up with this change? 'Oh I got to go find that big bad wolf and talk about it, so now I keep my relevancy.' And I'm saying, 'Cool,' but I'm not gon' help you. I'm not going to add to you, I'm not even gonna respond. Because that's what you want. Yeah, you just want me to respond. I don't do that. I'm not gon' help you come up."

https://www.si.com/college-football/kudos-to-paul-finebaum-for-calling-out-deion-sanders
will ferrell idk GIF

My concern is if they struggle with NDSU and the line gets to 10.
Yeah, it'll be interesting. Remember, Vegas had a beat on last years NU-CU game. When the avg CFB public thought the spread should be CU -21....Vegas set it at CU -2.0 line. They were dead on, just had no way to factor in the Sims disasterclass.

I got CU winning by 21 vs NDSU. NU winning by 24 vs UTEP. In that case, I actually think the line stays where it is until kickoff.

But you're right: if CU wins by 7 or less, watch that baby inflate. It might end up at NU -14.0. It can't get too high though, mainly bc it's a rivalry game & rivalry games are usually closer score-wise.

He’s a truly stupid person.

BTW one thing Deion is absolutely GREAT at, it's knowing when he's going to lose in a fight. He retreats. He knows he can't beat Finebaum in this so he backs down.

Case in point: Oregon week last year. Prime had so much bravado going 3-0 but it was very clear that at 8:01am on Monday that game week he knew the Ducks were going to assrape them to a level never seen before (and he was right). Deion talked about Oregon & Lanning that week like he was a HS kid talking to his prom date's father.

When Deion has the upper hand: talk endless shit about your opponent.
When Deion knows he's fucked: "We have a ton of respect for_____. He's great at what he does. And we don't talk much about other people at this program anyway."

On that note, it'll be interesting to see if Deion says anything about Rhule during game week this year. That's how you can tell if Deion knows he's gonna lose.

Oddly enough I have zero nervousness about the CU-NU game. I think NU will win by 3 TDs.

I just think that after CU loses to NU they will piece together a 6-6 or 7-5 season. It will be hailed as a "masterclass" of coaching by Deion for keeping his team together after the devastating early season loss to NU.

Deion takes his bows and claims
"mission accomplished" for bringing CU back to 'relevance' and then he retires for health reasons and gets a $3m-4m/yr broadcasting job next season. Then 60% of the CU roster hits the portal and CU will be locked in the 1-11 to 3-9 range for the next 5-7 years. When asked about this in the media, Deion will say "that's how hard it is to win there - this is evidence of me being an amazing HC" and he'll forever refer to his 7-5 season at CU like it was the Patriots' 16-0. No media will ever challenge him in this assertion and Deion will forever be branded as a revolutionary, successful coach who shook up CFB. The tell-alls will be out however exposing Deion as a corrosive, bad HC. Samders's tenure at CU will forever be a rorschach test: some forever see him as great, others see him as the fraudulent HC he was.

There, now you've seen the future.
I'll have what he's having.

Not saying this is a bad take but I want to beat CU by 3+ TDs

I'll have what he's having.

Not saying this is a bad take but I want to beat CU by 3+ TDs
I actually am highest on CU of anyone on this board. I picked them to go 7-5. I think CU will not fall apart this year and they're better than 99% of what Husker fans think they are.

I just think this is a bad matchup for CU. On the road vs a good team (NU). Plus it's against a DC (Tony White) that absolutely had their number last year.

I personally think White's had this game circled on his calendar all year like Steve Buscemi in Billy Madison. And that's not good for Mr Shedeur.

I actually am highest on CU of anyone on this board. I picked them to go 7-5. I think CU will not fall apart this year and they're better than 99% of what Husker fans think they are.

I just think this is a bad matchup for CU. On the road vs a good team (NU). Plus it's against a DC (Tony White) that absolutely had their number last year.

I personally think White's had this game circled on his calendar all year like Steve Buscemi in Billy Madison. And that's not good for Mr Shedeur.
1724843611889.gif
My wife can quote this movie line for line, yet she claims it’s NOT her favorite movie which is grease. 🙄 it’s one of my favorites though.

I’ve been with herb on this. Elite QB play and lots of skill players. They’ll win 6+. Jimmy’s and Joe’s not X’s and O’s, like Switzer said.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back