Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers)

The things people casually drop into conversation about recruiting a black person that they would never in a million years consider posting about recruiting a white person never ceases to amaze ("Tuscaloosa is a minority white city, this is going to make it a problem for Alabama to recruit Arch Manning").

But casual racial bias aside, this has really never been true. Outside of some moderate regional associations, the best players always have & always will overwhelmingly go where the best programs are. Winning a couple more games a season is about 100x more impactful to 95% of recruits than whether they see a few faces passing on the streets who are of the same skin color as them.

Lincoln NE, Norman OK, Happy Valley PA, Ann Arbor MI, Eugene OR, South Bend IN, Austin TX, Columbus OH, and on and on it goes. Win, and it becomes a background issue real quick.

I do not think you appreciate the culture shock for a number of black athletes contemplating leaving the South and picturing 4 years without seasoning.

the tldr for all of you:
Colorado claimed their systems were possibly compromised and Oregon was involved, Colorado's technology vendor confirmed nothing happened, Pac-12 tried to investigate, Colorado backed off the claims without providing any actual information.
Interesting. Wonder who the technology vendor was.

I have an uncle who did twenty years in the Navy and lived all over hell, including seven years in Sicily. Every year on Christmas my mom packaged up a few bottles of DL and sent them to him. That's all he wanted since he couldn't get it anywhere but Nebraska.

Last edited:
I actually am highest on CU of anyone on this board. I picked them to go 7-5. I think CU will not fall apart this year and they're better than 99% of what Husker fans think they are.

I just think this is a bad matchup for CU. On the road vs a good team (NU). Plus it's against a DC (Tony White) that absolutely had their number last year.

I personally think White's had this game circled on his calendar all year like Steve Buscemi in Billy Madison. And that's not good for Mr Shedeur.
It still blows my mind that we had eight(!) sacks in that game and still lost.

Not sure what to make of this Puffaloe fan run in I had at the gym yesterday.

Comes up to me and asked if I was from Nebraska.

I said yes and he proceeds to tell me he’s going to the game in LNK and hopes Nebraska kicks the shit out of CU. Said he can’t stand Prime but is a die hard puff fan.
I could have a beer with that guy.

Whats fascinating to me is how completely willfully oblivious to the fact of how absolutely fucked they are when their 4-8 coach leaves. There is zero loyalty to the school, zero depth and zero development going on - Once Deon kicks rocks, not a single one of their high profile players are sticking around, they are doomed to be cellar dwellers for years.

Whats fascinating to me is how completely willfully oblivious to the fact of how absolutely fucked they are when their 4-8 coach leaves. There is zero loyalty to the school, zero depth and zero development going on - Once Deon kicks rocks, not a single one of their high profile players are sticking around, they are doomed to be cellar dwellers for years.
Or Deion stays and they win the next 20 NCs

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back