Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers)

I’ve been with herb on this. Elite QB play and lots of skill players. They’ll win 6+. Jimmy’s and Joe’s not X’s and O’s, like Switzer said.
I just don’t see it. Jimmy and Joes kinda pertains to coaches and their coaches, especially their o coordinator and oline coach, are downgrades. And with White knowing what to expect, I think we just stop them.

And once we stop them, other teams will use that for their games against CU. By mid season, is the CU team even going to be fully healthy? Odds are, probably not.

45-17 Nebraska.

Not sure if it is just me, and prefacing to say it would be hilarious if CU lost to NDSU and started unraveling this early on. I want CU to beat NDSU handily, I want the media on their side for the entire 10 days leading up to the game and then to put it plainly I want to destroy their program on September 7th. When people look to the point it went wrong for them, I don't want it to be the opening game, I want it to be when we beat them by 30 points.

In my opinion when they beat us in 2001 it was the beginning of the end. That means for the last 23 years we have not been the same. Granted their program never or could never reach the heights that we did, but I want to send them to the depths of hell with this one.

Not sure if it is just me, and prefacing to say it would be hilarious if CU lost to NDSU and started unraveling this early on. I want CU to beat NDSU handily, I want the media on their side for the entire 10 days leading up to the game and then to put it plainly I want to destroy their program on September 7th. When people look to the point it went wrong for them, I don't want it to be the opening game, I want it to be when we beat them by 30 points.

In my opinion when they beat us in 2001 it was the beginning of the end. That means for the last 23 years we have not been the same. Granted their program never or could never reach the heights that we did, but I want to send them to the depths of hell with this one.

If I take my emotions out of it I 100% agree.

The second my emotions come back in I go back to “Fuck’em, I hope they go 0-12”

If I take my emotions out of it I 100% agree.

The second my emotions come back in I go back to “Fuck’em, I hope they go 0-12”
Yeah, there's really no reason that I can possibly think of to want Colorado to win a game, ever. So why the fvck would I want them to beat respectable, underdog FCS team?

Hope NDSU shows them once and for all that bison is the correct name for their shared mascot, and when the players realize it they're so embarrassed that their season falls apart.

Not sure what to make of this Puffaloe fan run in I had at the gym yesterday.

Comes up to me and asked if I was from Nebraska.

I said yes and he proceeds to tell me he’s going to the game in LNK and hopes Nebraska kicks the shit out of CU. Said he can’t stand Prime but is a die hard puff fan.
There has to be a sizable, silent minority of their fanbase that absolutely hates Prime and wants the circus gone ASAP. Can you imagine you fucking embarrassed you'd be to wear Nebraska shit around if Prime was our coach and doing the same things?

There has to be a sizable, silent minority of their fanbase that absolutely hates Prime and wants the circus gone ASAP. Can you imagine you fucking embarrassed you'd be to wear Nebraska shit around if Prime was our coach and doing the same things?
Good points. But then again, the Neb fan base is ride or die for their coach, even for Blo after the leaked tape. The only coach that could be comparable would be Riley, but he wasn’t a tor train wreck.

I just don’t see it. Jimmy and Joes kinda pertains to coaches and their coaches, especially their o coordinator and oline coach, are downgrades. And with White knowing what to expect, I think we just stop them.

And once we stop them, other teams will use that for their games against CU. By mid season, is the CU team even going to be fully healthy? Odds are, probably not.

45-17 Nebraska.
I don't necessarily disagree with the coaching part. I think they downgraded in several areas on their coaching staff.

If you look at the last 4-5 NFL QB drafts, you can't hardly find a QB drafted in the first 3-4 rounds that was on a losing team. I think Shadildo, as much as I fucking loath his fucking guts, will go in the first 3 rounds. He also has real weapons at WR. Those guys are going to get their yards and Shadildo is going to get his.

That said, they are going to be very one dimensional and they won't be able to stop the run. For that reason, I think (hope) we should win the game. Admittedly I have layers of PTSD and scar tissue from the last three CU games. Need to see a W against them with my own eyes.

I work with a big time CU fan. Wears Buff gear etc. He's was all in on Prime last year and appears to be unwavered this yr. If anyone gives him shit he talks about how the CU program is impossible to win at, is perennially a 1-11 program w/out Prime, no one would be talking about CU if any other coach was there, etc.

It all sounds like spin they are telling themselves. NU fans do not believe Colorado is "impossible to win at." It's odd that more CU fans think that than NU fans. NU fans seem have a higher regard for CU's potential than Puff fans do.

IMO there's absolutely no reason Colorado can't be a 8-4, 9-3 level program in the Big 12 if they had a good coach. But CU fans are all on the "we'd be 1-11 w/o Prime" boat. I think they're lying to themselves.

Last edited:
IMO there's absolutely no reason Colorado can't be a 8-4, 9-3 level program in the Big 12 if they had a good coach. But CU fans are all on the "we'd be 1-11 w/o Prime" boat. I think they're lying to themselves.

Winning at CU is a bigger lift than you'd think. Deion circumvents a lot of their issues. I think they probably would be further from a bowl game if they had hired Ryan Walters instead who was runner up (I think).

1. Shallow Talent Pool - Colorado doesn't produce a ton of talent. Deion is himself a national brand and has national appeal
2. Lack of Institutional Support - Colorado's ath dept/NIL base aren't very well funded, Deion is going as far as selling his own merch lmao. I'd guess a much larger mix of their NIL is generated nationally than locally as opposed to most schools' operations.
3. Cost of Living - Deion is independently wealthy. National NIL helps a lot with COL

Pretty interesting to me that he tried really hard to get the TCU job when Dykes won it. Would probably have had more success there and had to do less legwork.

Winning at CU is a bigger lift than you'd think. Deion circumvents a lot of their issues. I think they probably would be further from a bowl game if they had hired Ryan Walters instead who was runner up (I think).

1. Shallow Talent Pool - Colorado doesn't produce a ton of talent. Deion is himself a national brand and has national appeal
2. Lack of Institutional Support - Colorado's ath dept/NIL base aren't very well funded, Deion is going as far as selling his own merch lmao. I'd guess a much larger mix of their NIL is generated nationally than locally as opposed to most schools' operations.
3. Cost of Living - Deion is independently wealthy. National NIL helps a lot with COL

Pretty interesting to me that he tried really hard to get the TCU job when Dykes won it. Would probably have had more success there and had to do less legwork.
I of course agree. I think the lack of NIL is their biggest problem.

But honestly, the state of Colorado puts out some good players. If they could get them all, or 80%, supplemented w CA and TX players they'd be formidable. Their campus is sort of an equilizer - they can attract and close HS recruits from TX and CA with their on-campus visit. I'm saying, if they had a competent coach there like say PJ Fleck. Fleck would have CU at 7-5 or 8-4 every yr in the new Big 12, in my opinion.

CU fans saying NO ONE can win at Colorado except Deion is spin they are telling themselves. Yes they can't be the McCartney level 10-2 program but there's no reason they couldn't be the tier below that. In the Big 12 that is. (If they were in B1G or SEC they'd be in trouble)

Last edited:

But honestly, the state of Colorado puts out some good players. If they could get them all, or 80% they'd be formidable. Their campus is sort of an equilizer - they can attract and close HS recruits from TX and CA with their on-campus visit. I'm saying, if they had a competent coach there like say PJ Fleck. Fleck would have CU at 8-4 every yr in the Big 12, in my opinion.

CU fans saying NO ONE can win at Colorado except Deion is spin they are telling themselves. Yes they can't be the McCartney level 10-2 program but there's no reason they couldn't be the tier below that. In the Big 12 that is. (If they were in B1G or SEC they'd be in trouble)

I think the biggest ceiling on Colorado is probably how white Boulder is and the impact on getting top talent. I think it's the type of school that you should get a ball coach type and you can absolutely compete in the expanded playoff era. I don't think any coach will succeed long-term in Colorado without leading in Colorado recruiting either way though.

I think the biggest ceiling on Colorado is probably how white Boulder is and the impact on getting top talent. I think it's the type of school that you should get a ball coach type and you can absolutely compete in the expanded playoff era. I don't think any coach will succeed long-term in Colorado without leading in Colorado recruiting either way though.

You ever been to Ann Arbor, Michigan or Eugene, Oregon? Those towns are like 94% white.

You ever been to Ann Arbor, Michigan or Eugene, Oregon? Those towns are like 94% white.
What this post is more speaking to is sports writers and CFB fans who travel to Boulder, down IPAs and hike all weekend, and speculate on how CU (and to a lesser extent CSU) could become recruiting powers.

Recruiting black athletes outside of the South and places like LA is a problem everywhere. It's something Nebraska has had to overcome. Michigan has 6x the black population of Boulder, is located a 45 min drive away from Detroit, and is also the Michigan football program. Oregon could be in the same boat as Boulder, but call me when CU athletics is sponsored by a billionaire.

But honestly, the state of Colorado puts out some good players. If they could get them all, or 80%, supplemented w CA and TX players they'd be formidable. Their campus is sort of an equilizer - they can attract and close HS recruits from TX and CA with their on-campus visit. I'm saying, if they had a competent coach there like say PJ Fleck. Fleck would have CU at 7-5 or 8-4 every yr in the new Big 12, in my opinion.

Absolutely. No reason Colorado couldn't be as successful as Utah and Oklahoma St are right now. Just takes a good coach and that isn't Sanders. No issue with them hiring Sanders, it was a huge risk but it did create a bunch of publicity for them. Sanders was just worse than many thought, besides publicity and Shadildo he hasn't brought much to make the program good. Their roster is so poorly put together that they are going to have a bad team for years, there just aren't any underclassmen to be the backbone in the future.

Recruiting black athletes outside of the South and places like LA is a problem everywhere.
The things people casually drop into conversation about recruiting a black person that they would never in a million years consider posting about recruiting a white person never ceases to amaze ("Tuscaloosa is a minority white city, this is going to make it a problem for Alabama to recruit Arch Manning").

But casual racial bias aside, this has really never been true. Outside of some moderate regional associations, the best players always have & always will overwhelmingly go where the best programs are. Winning a couple more games a season is about 100x more impactful to 95% of recruits than whether they see a few faces passing on the streets who are of the same skin color as them.

Lincoln NE, Norman OK, Happy Valley PA, Ann Arbor MI, Eugene OR, South Bend IN, Austin TX, Columbus OH, and on and on it goes. Win, and it becomes a background issue real quick.

The things people casually drop into conversation about recruiting a black person that they would never in a million years consider posting about recruiting a white person never ceases to amaze ("Tuscaloosa is a minority white city, this is going to make it a problem for Alabama to recruit Arch Manning").

But casual racial bias aside, this has really never been true. Outside of some moderate regional associations, the best players always have & always will overwhelmingly go where the best programs are. Winning a couple more games a season is about 100x more impactful to 95% of recruits than whether they see a few faces passing on the streets who are of the same skin color as them.

Lincoln NE, Norman OK, Happy Valley PA, Ann Arbor MI, Eugene OR, South Bend IN, Austin TX, Columbus OH, and on and on it goes. Win, and it becomes a background issue real quick.
Also when Colorado had their program rocking in the 90s, black athletes from south central Los Angeles LOVED Boulder. McCartney had tons of Cali recruits.

So again, the idea that no good HS recruits will go to CU is not true.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back