Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers)

Special teams. We have still sucked on special teams, especially kicker and punter. No idea how CU's special teams/kicker/punter compares to us, but it would not surprise if CU is possibly better than us in this area. This is a part of the game that has killed us for far too long.

We need to get special teams/kicking/punting at least average level this year.
I can see that. No idea what they have there but we are shaky at best. It was actually brought up to me yesterday at the pool whilst drinking that "isn't it funny our whole motto is 'Chasing 3' on these documentaries and our kicking situation is about as bad as it has been?"

I still trust Alvano will get right. Hopefully he is healthy.

The roster turnover is just astounding and it's not really improving the talent in many areas, it's just shifting the blame to players that leave instead of to the coaches that didn't develop.
They are better at WR, the same at QB (maybe better but backups don't matter), and worse at TE and RB. OL could do nothing but be better, but they will still be average at best. If our defense is who we think they will be, we will have a nice day against them. They are too one dimensional.

Probably right against NDSU, big step up from FCS to Big 12.

I have them going 4-8, losses to Nebraska, UCF, Kansas St, Arizona, Texas Tech, Utah, Kansas, and Oklahoma St. I think they are a huge train wreck that everyone will see later in the season as it all falls apart.
I'd agree with this. Shedoher isn't a top 5 qb and the first time a fiasco hits they'll hit a wall and struggle to adjust. Then there will be locker room divide and the Colorado football program will go up in flames!
Sport Fuck Them GIF by UFC

I have some PTSD too. It has just happened to us all too frequently. I am just riding with the "Rhule is a better coach" and "it's different" this time. All I got.

I believe in Rhule and don't believe at all in Deion. With our DL being as dominant as they are going to be and facing a true freshman OT and a 250 pound OT to back him up, along with all the other troubles they had there, we can scheme our 5 DBs to help in the passing game I believe and get home with 4.
Maybe Seaton is a future NFL OT, but he's still 18 playing his 2nd CFB game against 22 y/o Butler and 23 y/o Robinson on the edge. Not sure how many combined games those guys have played in but its more than 2.

Plus our DL is so deep. I know White and Knighton like to rotate fresh bodies out there, so I'm interested to so how CU Prime's OL holds up with fresh Lenhardt, Williams, Van Poppel, Wallin, et. al. coming at them in waves.

Maybe Seaton is a future NFL OT, but he's still 18 playing his 2nd CFB game against 22 y/o Butler and 23 y/o Robinson on the edge. Not sure how many combined games those guys have played in but its more than 2.

Plus our DL is so deep. I know White and Knighton like to rotate fresh bodies out there, so I'm interested to so how CU Prime's OL holds up with fresh Lenhardt, Williams, Van Poppel, Wallin, et. al. coming at them in waves.
Seaton got schooled in the spring game by a guy that didn't even play for Colorado last year on a defense that was not very good. He won't be ready for a line like he is going to see against us, let alone the games we are going to play. Their interior line isn't any good either. They are going to try and get the ball out quick when Robinson, Nash, and others start stuffing the run and i'm hoping we can start creating some turnovers.

We just can't lose this game. Otherwise I may jump headfirst off the bandwagon.

I have some PTSD too. It has just happened to us all too frequently. I am just riding with the "Rhule is a better coach" and "it's different" this time. All I got.
I don't even think it's that hard to see that Nebraska beats CU by 21+ pts this year.

NU was even with CU in last year's game. NU would have won that game even on the road of they had just a semi competent C+ QB.

Almost all of the variables that have changed since last years game to this year's are in NU's favor. Including the home field. I actually think it's pretty easy to forecast a relatively easy NU win when you analyze it.

Found this, LINK and their predictions for what it's worth:

Colorado (-13.5) vs. North Dakota State (Projection: W)

Colorado (0.5) @ Nebraska (Projection: L)

Colorado (-8.5) @ Colorado State (Projection: W)

Colorado (-4) vs. Baylor (Projection: W)

Colorado (0.5) @ UCF (Projection: L)

Colorado (2.5) vs. Kansas State (Projection: L)

Colorado (8.5) @ Arizona (Projection: L)

Colorado (-8) vs. Cincinnati (Projection: W)

Colorado (0.5) @ Texas Tech (Projection: L)

Colorado (3.5) vs. Utah (Projection: L)

I don't even think it's that hard to see that Nebraska beats CU by 21+ pts this year.

NU was even with CU in last year's game. NU would have won that game even on the road of they had just a semi competent C+ QB.

Almost all of the variables that have changed since last years game to this year's are in NU's favor. Including the home field. I actually think it's pretty easy to forecast a relatively easy NU win when you analyze it.
This, 100%. A qb who can just not turn the ball over 4 times a game makes a big difference. If we would have had said c+ qb who cut the TOs down by say just 20% less we win at least two more games and we are in the CU game until the very end rather than getting run off the field since our defense was gassed.

This, 100%. A qb who can just not turn the ball over 4 times a game makes a big difference. If we would have had said c+ qb who cut the TOs down by say just 20% less we win at least two more games and we are in the CU game until the very end rather than getting run off the field since our defense was gassed.
If people actually rewatched that NU-CU game from last year they'd be surprised how that 1st half went. We literally would have been up 17 at HT even with a shitty Spencer Petras level QB. If we're up 17 at HT that game would have been over bc CU would have had to press in the 2nd half.

I think NU fans have so much PTSD from that CU game they've distorted how it actually went. Part of that is that none of our fans have rewatched that game - bc you'd have to be a psychopath to actually do that. And since none of our fans have rewatched it, all they're doing is remembering how that 2nd half went.

If people actually rewatched that NU-CU game from last year they'd be surprised how that 1st half went. We literally would have been up 17 at HT even with a shitty Spencer Petras level QB. If we're up 17 at HT that game would have been over bc CU would have had to press in the 2nd half.

I think NU fans have so much PTSD from that CU game they've distorted how it actually went. Part of that is that none of our fans have rewatched that game - bc you'd have to be a psychopath to actually do that. And since none of our fans have rewatched it, all they're doing is remembering how that 2nd half went.
Every CU Prime fan I’ve heard talk about the game will tell you that they dominated from start to finish. Like. For real.

I looked up the highlight of Sims TD run a couple weeks ago to troll some of my ASU friends when it looked like he might start. I was surprised to see it was a 13-7 game at that point in the middle of the 3rd quarter

The defense was handling CU just fine until they got worn down and demoralized by some historically bad QB play

I looked up the highlight of Sims TD run a couple weeks ago to troll some of my ASU friends when it looked like he might start. I was surprised to see it was a 13-7 game at that point in the middle of the 3rd quarter

The defense was handling CU just fine until they got worn down and demoralized by some historically bad QB play
I don’t think Dylan even has to be good to win the CU prime game. He just can’t be bad. Like a 70/100 performance from him wins the game. Jeff sims would’ve graded 7/100 last year in Boulder.

Seaton got schooled in the spring game by a guy that didn't even play for Colorado last year on a defense that was not very good. He won't be ready for a line like he is going to see against us, let alone the games we are going to play. Their interior line isn't any good either. They are going to try and get the ball out quick when Robinson, Nash, and others start stuffing the run and i'm hoping we can start creating some turnovers.

We just can't lose this game. Otherwise I may jump headfirst off the bandwagon.
From what I’ve read, it sounds like Seaton isn’t lighting it on fire in camp. And they are putting a TON of pressure on him as well. So I don’t get the feeling that he’s coming in as some hyper-confident FR. Might be a long night for him.

I don’t think Dylan even has to be good to win the CU prime game. He just can’t be bad. Like a 70/100 performance from him wins the game. Jeff sims would’ve graded 7/100 last year in Boulder.
I think if we finish a +/- 0 in TO margin or better, our chance of winning is 99.9%.

I don't see any chance of us losing if we're +1 or better. I can't even fathom how that would happen. Our D would have to completely capitulate to their offense for that to happen. And a complete STs breakdown.

If we're playing fundamentally sound and not beating ourselves, then that puts the pressure on CU to make plays. They play very poorly when the opponent doesn't make mistakes.

As much as I hate CU and prime, saw today he partnered with a local bank to open accounts for each player with a child to help set the child up for the future. That’s pretty cool

Still fuck Colorado
How is this any different from any other program?

In the amount of $2,121 an homage to Deion’s number.

Did the money come from Deion? Well no, but we should still make sure that the attention here remains on him. Make sure we honor him with this payment to the players’ children.

Also, I’d be more impressed if he found a bank willing to give that much every month. Shit, it’s only 8 players ($17k) so I guess he just showed the world that he can pull together the same amount of funding as a single resourceful Girl Scout during their cookie sale.

But hey, if nothing else, at least the children of a bunch of guys who won’t be in Boulder next year now have savings accounts at Elevation Credit Union. Can’t put a price on that!
Careful with the snark. CU sports media might report you to UNL.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back