Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers)

I just hope everyone is prepared for how dirty CU will play that game against us. If they even get close to DR15. They will take their cheap shot, leg twisting, knee twisting, etc...i am already preparing for the worse to happen.
I'm actually not that worried about this. They had a bunch of nice guys on their team last year. They pretty much folded like a cheap suit when faced with any adversity. I think they'll just fold when we're up 17 or more late.

I DO however think CU players will start a dumb skirmish at midfield on our N during warm-ups (to "get back at us" from last year). Might be a pre-game personal foul. Hopefully no ejections. The one thing that should limit the damage on this is that our entire coaching staff has seen this event coming from 1,000,000 miles away so they should have our team prepped with how to handle when CU tries to provoke them.

I would couple that with the coach responible for making that line gel has never been a full time position coach before. I guess he could MAYBE turn out to be good, as he's more an unproven quanity versus a proven liabilility, but our fans complained when Donovan Raiola was hired to coach our OL and cited a lack of experience. And we expect them to fully communicate against us at night in a stadium that will be roaring. I can already see the false starts.
Think about Donnie in 2022. I think he is going to be a pretty good OL coach for us. But at the end of 2022, everyone wanted him gone with the rest of the staff. And when he was retained, the talk was that Rhule only kept him so that we had a shot at Dylan (an insane narrative...). But 2022 was Donnie's first year running his own room too and his room was in rough shape.

Loadholt might end up being a good OL coach. But he isn't walking into that room year-1 and making the OL look anything that resembles good.

Think about Donnie in 2022. I think he is going to be a pretty good OL coach for us. But at the end of 2022, everyone wanted him gone with the rest of the staff. And when he was retained, the talk was that Rhule only kept him so that we had a shot at Dylan (an insane narrative...). But 2022 was Donnie's first year running his own room too and his room was in rough shape.

Loadholt might end up being a good OL coach. But he isn't walking into that room year-1 and making the OL look anything that resembles good.

I think Donnie will be a good one for us as well. Reading back on my post you quoted, I feel I didn't complete that thought in its entirity: I'm shocked at how much I have heard our fans in 2022 complain about Raiola and his lack of experience (and he actually had a bit of experience at that point, just not holding down the prime OL coach position at the college level by that point), yet I've heard very little about Loadholt being a potential liability here for the same reason. Agreed, Loadholt could be good, but he's been dealt a pretty sucky hand to start out his OL coaching career.

I think Donnie will be a good one for us as well. Reading back on my post you quoted, I feel I didn't complete that thought in its entirity: I'm shocked at how much I have heard our fans in 2022 complain about Raiola and his lack of experience (and he actually had a bit of experience at that point, just not holding down the prime OL coach position at the college level by that point), yet I've heard very little about Loadholt being a potential liability here for the same reason. Agreed, Loadholt could be good, but he's been dealt a pretty sucky hand to start out his OL coaching career.
Exactly. Its actually kind of crazy how similar Donnie and Raiola are. Both are from Hawaii. Loadholt is entering his first year has a fulltime coach at the age of 38, while Donnie is entering his third year at the age of 41. Biggest difference is that Loadholt had a much more successful professional career.

Exactly. Its actually kind of crazy how similar Donnie and Raiola are. Both are from Hawaii. Loadholt is entering his first year has a fulltime coach at the age of 38, while Donnie is entering his third year at the age of 41. Biggest difference is that Loadholt had a much more successful professional career.
It will be interesting to watch this play out. It's rare that a really talented player becomes a good coach because they usually can't relate to players with least talent and/or never learned the little details because they didn't have to

Between Deion, Loadholdt and Sapp CU is going all in on disproving that notion

I'm actually not that worried about this. They had a bunch of nice guys on their team last year. They pretty much folded like a cheap suit when faced with any adversity. I think they'll just fold when we're up 17 or more late.

I DO however think CU players will start a dumb skirmish at midfield on our N during warm-ups (to "get back at us" from last year). Might be a pre-game personal foul. Hopefully no ejections. The one thing that should limit the damage on this is that our entire coaching staff has seen this event coming from 1,000,000 miles away so they should have our team prepped with how to handle when CU tries to provoke them.
I just want our guys to laugh at them and walk away.

Well this is sort of the whole story with Colorado and even Indiana to a lesser extent. Fans - not just ours - seem to assume things will just magically happen at plug-and-play pace at other schools. Probably because we’re so scorned from the past 15 years. We have a LOT more continuity than some of the schools fans are giving benefit of the doubt to and penciling in as Ls even as we also upgraded talent - and significantly at some key positions.

It will be interesting to watch this play out. It's rare that a really talented player becomes a good coach because they usually can't relate to players with least talent and/or never learned the little details because they didn't have to

Between Deion, Loadholdt and Sapp CU is going all in on disproving that notion

Some CU fans on the CU 247 board were comparing Terrence Knighton's NFL Career to Warren Sapp's career and then using that reference as examples why Sapp is a better defensive line coach than Knighton.

Of course the fact that no other college or pro team ever tried to hire Warren Sapp the last 17 seasons was just glossed over.

If people actually rewatched that NU-CU game from last year they'd be surprised how that 1st half went. We literally would have been up 17 at HT even with a shitty Spencer Petras level QB. If we're up 17 at HT that game would have been over bc CU would have had to press in the 2nd half.

I think NU fans have so much PTSD from that CU game they've distorted how it actually went. Part of that is that none of our fans have rewatched that game - bc you'd have to be a psychopath to actually do that. And since none of our fans have rewatched it, all they're doing is remembering how that 2nd half went.
OK... So I did it. I re-watched the first half like a sick fuck. I am surprised how much of the game I blocked out and forgot. I think it was a defense mechanism from brain damage.

I forgot how much the announcers were harping on how awful Sims was and how utterly shocked they were than he wasn't benched and replaced in the 2nd quarter. Rightly so.

It's just unreal to me how he played with 0 awareness. The snap that he signaled directly into the motion man. The interception he threw directly to a waiting defender in the 2nd quarter. Not staying in bounds on 3rd and long, running out of bounds to stop the clock. CU gets the ball back with 49 secs left and later scores 3 before the half. Taking multiple unnecessary sacks instead of getting rid of the football. No pocket presence. Just a 0 for football IQ on top of his other mental limitations. Dumbstruck.

OK... So I did it. I re-watched the first half like a sick fuck. I am surprised how much of the game I blocked out and forgot. I think it was a defense mechanism from brain damage.

I forgot how much the announcers were harping on how awful Sims was and how utterly shocked they were than he wasn't benched and replaced in the 2nd quarter. Rightly so.

It's just unreal to me how he played with 0 awareness. The snap that he signaled directly into the motion man. The interception he threw directly to a waiting defender in the 2nd quarter. Not staying in bounds on 3rd and long, running out of bounds to stop the clock. CU gets the ball back with 49 secs left and later scores 3 before the half. Taking multiple unnecessary sacks instead of getting rid of the football. No pocket presence. Just a 0 for football IQ on top of his other mental limitations. Dumbstruck.
You are made of sterner stuff than I am. No way I could watch that again. No fucking way.

Podcast calls Prime a bitch so a CU media reaches out to UNL regarding that? That’s a bitch move by the CU media member.
I hope this was their reaction:
Why Are You Telling Me Taron Egerton GIF by Apple TV+

I could never go back and rewatch that game. I have literally blacked out in my mind, most of the last 10 years worth of games, as there were SO fucking many games we literally were at like 98 or 99% win likelihood in the 3rd or 4th qtrs, and yet still found ways to pull off the impossible losses. Game after game, year after year. An unbelievable clusterfuck of losses over a decades worth of games.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back