Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers)

BTW I want to clarify in my CU prediction: the main driver of my prediction is I don't think the universe will give me both a 9-3 NU *AND* a 4-8 CU flameout. I think the universe will give me one, not both.

So I'm taking the 9-3 Skers yr and I'll suffer through a 7-5 CU season. But to answer anyone's question, yes I would prefer 9-3 NU and 3-9 CU. But I'm not gonna get greedy with The Simulation.

I'm generally skeptical of the transfer portal's ability to reliably plug roster holes. Thankfully at Nebraska we've seen how many contributors or other high level benchwarmers transfer in and do nothing.
I think it's easy for skill position to take 4 to plug one or two spots (will get harder with smaller roster limits). I don't think it's too common to get oline out of the portal.

Were going to kick these ever living shit out these assholes
my man denzel GIF

I think it's easy for skill position to take 4 to plug one or two spots (will get harder with smaller roster limits). I don't think it's too common to get oline out of the portal.

For sure, I think building a whole OL out of the portal is incredibly stupid.

One guy that comes to mind is Ochaun Mathis. Had started 34 games coming in here. Would not have been able to guess that and he split snaps his entire time here. Flip side is a guy like Trey Palmer who I didn't expect much from and he's ended up being our best receiver in years. Roster building is not NCAA 25.

Don't be... If Rhule is the coach we think he is we don't lose this game at night in Memorial Stadium. If Rhule can't beat a team in year 2 that went 4-8 and has brought in close to 100 scholarship players in 2 seasons so they have no continuity or sense of team, then we won't get to a bowl this year. Don't let The QB and WRs be a reason you think we can't win a game. Understand that literally every part of our team besides those two positions is better than them, and hopefully everyone believes our coach is better.

If we lose to Colorado... I don't think we get to a bowl. Because Colorado isn't better than a lot of our swing games we need to win like Wisconsin and Cockeye.

Special teams. We have still sucked on special teams, especially kicker and punter. No idea how CU's special teams/kicker/punter compares to us, but it would not surprise if CU is possibly better than us in this area. This is a part of the game that has killed us for far too long.

We need to get special teams/kicking/punting at least average level this year.

For sure, I think building a whole OL out of the portal is incredibly stupid.

One guy that comes to mind is Ochaun Mathis. Had started 34 games coming in here. Would not have been able to guess that and he split snaps his entire time here. Flip side is a guy like Trey Palmer who I didn't expect much from and he's ended up being our best receiver in years. Roster building is not NCAA 25.

Palmer is one of our best receivers ever. Dude is electric and a game-changer at the college level. Not too bad at the pro level, either.

But portal guys are such a roll of the dice. I think we definitely picked up some major WR portal talent this year - we will see soon - but this could be the biggest portal improvements overall we have ever had. No jinx.

The big thing that gives me pause on CU is all the claims that the OL was the clear problem. Heard at least one scout on a preview show mention that he didn't think the OL was as bad as people said (lower quality P5 line, but it is Colorado). They have 4 transfer guys starting at P5 schools (Oregon St., Northwestern, and I guess Oregon St. is borderline depending on how you want to categorize them these days). Guys who can't hack it at the P5 starter level don't typically transfer and start at peer schools. I do not expect it to be the panacea those in Boulder are expecting.
I'm with you on that. Their OL was a problem last season, but for the most part they just traded players of the same caliber, there still isn't any cohesion between the group. They did upgrade the talent at LT with Seaton, but I don't think the performance of a true freshman is necessarily better than a lesser talented player with more experience.

The roster turnover is just astounding and it's not really improving the talent in many areas, it's just shifting the blame to players that leave instead of to the coaches that didn't develop.

I'm with you on that. Their OL was a problem last season, but for the most part they just traded players of the same caliber, there still isn't any cohesion between the group. They did upgrade the talent at LT with Seaton, but I don't think the performance of a true freshman is necessarily better than a lesser talented player with more experience.

The roster turnover is just astounding and it's not really improving the talent in many areas, it's just shifting the blame to players that leave instead of to the coaches that didn't develop.

I would couple that with the coach responible for making that line gel has never been a full time position coach before. I guess he could MAYBE turn out to be good, as he's more an unproven quanity versus a proven liabilility, but our fans complained when Donovan Raiola was hired to coach our OL and cited a lack of experience. And we expect them to fully communicate against us at night in a stadium that will be roaring. I can already see the false starts.

Seaton may be an upgrade at LT, but I've been waiting 4 years for Corcoran and Teddy to be upgrades at LT.

I would couple that with the coach responible for making that line gel has never been a full time position coach before. I guess he could MAYBE turn out to be good, as he's more an unproven quanity versus a proven liabilility, but our fans complained when Donovan Raiola was hired to coach our OL and cited a lack of experience. And we expect them to fully communicate against us at night in a stadium that will be roaring. I can already see the false starts.
and he's working with a new OC that hasn't done much at the college level. Lot's of different spots that can fail to make a competent OL on the field.

This is all true and fair and maybe why I'm nervous. If this game doesn't go the way I think and hope it will, we may be headed for Riley/Frost 2.0.
I have some PTSD too. It has just happened to us all too frequently. I am just riding with the "Rhule is a better coach" and "it's different" this time. All I got.

I believe in Rhule and don't believe at all in Deion. With our DL being as dominant as they are going to be and facing a true freshman OT and a 250 pound OT to back him up, along with all the other troubles they had there, we can scheme our 5 DBs to help in the passing game I believe and get home with 4.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back