Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers)

I hope you're right. I just don't think it's even possible to go 4-8 when you have a top 5 QB in the country. That is very very rare. I don't think I could even think of another example of a team w an elite QB like that going 4-8.

I think they'll at least do 6-6.
John Elway 4-7 in 1981. 5-6 in 1982

Patrick Mahomes 5-7 in 2016

Probably more, but that's a couple that were on the top of my head. You could be right 6-6 is possible, but I just see the bottom falling out this season before they win that many.

John Elway 4-7 in 1981. 5-6 in 1982

Patrick Mahomes 5-7 in 2016

Probably more, but that's a couple that were on the top of my head. You could be right 6-6 is possible, but I just see the bottom falling out this season before they win that many.

That Texas Tech team allowed more than 600 yards in four games. Tech also lost 5 games when they scored at least 37 points or more, and that included 2 games where they scored more than 50 points.

I’m with @HerbRedman. I so badly want them to be a Chernobyl disaster, but elite qb play in CFB is worth a ton. I think they win 6 or 7 & the donu game has me very nervous.
Oddly enough I have zero nervousness about the CU-NU game. I think NU will win by 3 TDs.

I just think that after CU loses to NU they will piece together a 6-6 or 7-5 season. It will be hailed as a "masterclass" of coaching by Deion for keeping his team together after the devastating early season loss to NU.

Deion takes his bows and claims
"mission accomplished" for bringing CU back to 'relevance' and then he retires for health reasons and gets a $3m-4m/yr broadcasting job next season. Then 60% of the CU roster hits the portal and CU will be locked in the 1-11 to 3-9 range for the next 5-7 years. When asked about this in the media, Deion will say "that's how hard it is to win there - this is evidence of me being an amazing HC" and he'll forever refer to his 7-5 season at CU like it was the Patriots' 16-0. No media will ever challenge him in this assertion and Deion will forever be branded as a revolutionary, successful coach who shook up CFB. The tell-alls will be out however exposing Deion as a corrosive, bad HC. Samders's tenure at CU will forever be a rorschach test: some forever see him as great, others see him as the fraudulent HC he was.

There, now you've seen the future.

NostraRedman FTW!

iu

Oddly enough I have zero nervousness about the CU-NU game. I think NU will win by 3 TDs.

I just think that after CU loses to NU they will piece together a 6-6 or 7-5 season. It will be hailed as a "masterclass" of coaching by Deion for keeping his team together after the devastating early season loss to NU.

Deion takes his bows and claims
"mission accomplished" for bringing CU back to 'relevance' and then he retires for health reasons and gets a $3m-4m/yr broadcasting job next season. Then 60% of the CU roster hits the portal and CU will be locked in the 1-11 to 3-9 range for the next 5-7 years. When asked about this in the media, Deion will say "that's how hard it is to win there - this is evidence of me being an amazing HC" and he'll forever refer to his 7-5 season at CU like it was the Patriots' 16-0. No media will ever challenge him in this assertion and Deion will forever be branded as a revolutionary, successful coach who shook up CFB. The tell-alls will be out however exposing Deion as a corrosive, bad HC. Samders's tenure at CU will forever be a rorschach test: some forever see him as great, others see him as the fraudulent HC he was.

whoa-bill-and-ted.gif

Also, It seems like ball control style teams that commit to running the ball and controlling time of possession will be a nightmare against CU. Stack up back to back CU 3 & Outs followed by 8-10 play drives that eat 6 mins each off the clock and end in TD's..... now we're talking.

Last edited:
As much as I hate CU and prime, saw today he partnered with a local bank to open accounts for each player with a child to help set the child up for the future. That’s pretty cool

Still fuck Colorado
In the amount of $2,121 an homage to Deion’s number.

Did the money come from Deion? Well no, but we should still make sure that the attention here remains on him. Make sure we honor him with this payment to the players’ children.

Also, I’d be more impressed if he found a bank willing to give that much every month. Shit, it’s only 8 players ($17k) so I guess he just showed the world that he can pull together the same amount of funding as a single resourceful Girl Scout during their cookie sale.

But hey, if nothing else, at least the children of a bunch of guys who won’t be in Boulder next year now have savings accounts at Elevation Credit Union. Can’t put a price on that!

As much as I hate CU and prime, saw today he partnered with a local bank to open accounts for each player with a child to help set the child up for the future. That’s pretty cool

Still fuck Colorado
I've done something similar for the employees at my firm. Few minor differences, such as it was "court ordered", "garnished from wages", and not going into an investment account, but seems to have a lot of the same principles.
Edit: should add none of my own money is involved in the situations I describe.

Don’t know if this is the right place to post this but......

Talked to a buddy of mine who is close with a family who’s son plays for the Buffs. He said the mother almost started crying and said that the program is an absolute mess and dysfunctional. The walls are closing in and they expect Prime to be out after this year if he isn’t asked to leave before. Just thought I would pass it along.
I'll re-tell the story of a recruits parent that went to Boulder last year and he said it was such a circus they almost decided just to leave early as they wanted no part of it. Interesting part of the story is the guy is currently in jail. So someone in jail thought Boulder was a circus. Found that funny.

Alright so...apparently a Husker fan podcast called Big Red Junkies called Deion a fucking bitch. This caused a CU media reporter to call UNL and complain and it's got the Prime cult to get their panties in a bunch.

Expect a lot of retarded interactions on social media just like last year when Deion "took it personal"

Clip from 1620 about it:

Big Red Junkies podcast in question:

They turning in every Twitter handle that says that now? Do they know how many podcasts there are out there for just Nebraska? UNL has nothing to do with any of them.

I’m with @HerbRedman. I so badly want them to be a Chernobyl disaster, but elite qb play in CFB is worth a ton. I think they win 6 or 7 & the donu game has me very nervous.
Don't be... If Rhule is the coach we think he is we don't lose this game at night in Memorial Stadium. If Rhule can't beat a team in year 2 that went 4-8 and has brought in close to 100 scholarship players in 2 seasons so they have no continuity or sense of team, then we won't get to a bowl this year. Don't let The QB and WRs be a reason you think we can't win a game. Understand that literally every part of our team besides those two positions is better than them, and hopefully everyone believes our coach is better.

If we lose to Colorado... I don't think we get to a bowl. Because Colorado isn't better than a lot of our swing games we need to win like Wisconsin and Cockeye.

Don't be... If Rhule is the coach we think he is we don't lose this game at night in Memorial Stadium. If Rhule can't beat a team in year 2 that went 4-8 and has brought in close to 100 scholarship players in 2 seasons so they have no continuity or sense of team, then we won't get to a bowl this year. Don't let The QB and WRs be a reason you think we can't win a game. Understand that literally every part of our team besides those two positions is better than them, and hopefully everyone believes our coach is better.

If we lose to Colorado... I don't think we get to a bowl. Because Colorado isn't better than a lot of our swing games we need to win like Wisconsin and Cockeye.
This is all true and fair and maybe why I'm nervous. If this game doesn't go the way I think and hope it will, we may be headed for Riley/Frost 2.0.

I hope you're right. I just don't think it's even possible to go 4-8 when you have a top 5 QB in the country. That is very very rare. I don't think I could even think of another example of a team w an elite QB like that going 4-8.

I think they'll at least do 6-6.
That's a good question. Has anyone that's gone top 5 had a losing record in the year they were drafted. Top 10 even?

The big thing that gives me pause on CU is all the claims that the OL was the clear problem. Heard at least one scout on a preview show mention that he didn't think the OL was as bad as people said (lower quality P5 line, but it is Colorado). They have 4 transfer guys starting at P5 schools (Oregon St., Northwestern, and I guess Oregon St. is borderline depending on how you want to categorize them these days). Guys who can't hack it at the P5 starter level don't typically transfer and start at peer schools. I do not expect it to be the panacea those in Boulder are expecting.

The big thing that gives me pause on CU is all the claims that the OL was the clear problem. Heard at least one scout on a preview show mention that he didn't think the OL was as bad as people said (lower quality P5 line, but it is Colorado). They have 4 transfer guys starting at P5 schools (Oregon St., Northwestern, and I guess Oregon St. is borderline depending on how you want to categorize them these days). Guys who can't hack it at the P5 starter level don't typically transfer and start at peer schools. I do not expect it to be the panacea those in Boulder are expecting.
I also don't understand whatsoever how anyone can claim that they've improved the OL. What is that based on?

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back