Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers)

Even Blo wasn’t that big of a prick with the media even though he did hate a few of them. Then again, cancel culture is a new norm today.

Don’t know if this is the right place to post this but......

Talked to a buddy of mine who is close with a family who’s son plays for the Buffs. He said the mother almost started crying and said that the program is an absolute mess and dysfunctional. The walls are closing in and they expect Prime to be out after this year if he isn’t asked to leave before. Just thought I would pass it along.
I would say that this is the perfect place to post it.

Media already building up excuses for Colorado to lose to NDSU.

LINK

Sanders' first season didn't have any FCS matchups, so at least things got easier this time around in some sense. In truth, though, NDSU is a better opponent than most of the ACC and much of the Big Ten's bottom half. And possibly Vanderbilt. The Bison are not some FCS pushover in any sense.

NDSU is a tough FCS team, but not better than any B1G or ACC team.

LINK

Sanders' first season didn't have any FCS matchups, so at least things got easier this time around in some sense. In truth, though, NDSU is a better opponent than most of the ACC and much of the Big Ten's bottom half. And possibly Vanderbilt. The Bison are not some FCS pushover in any sense.

So NDSU is better than 9 B1G teams? Holy shit.

So NDSU is better than 9 B1G teams? Holy shit.
ron burgundy anchorman GIF

I know Sanders like to stay current in the media, but this spat with the Denver Post is blowing up and really painting him as a petty bully. It's pretty funny actually.

And what an incredibly stupid time to do it. Week 0 starts tomorrow, all most all preseason stuff is done, tons of college football shows this week with very few games to talk about, this is going to be discussed over and over and over and he's going to look like the bad guy almost every time. He's going to look thin skinned and petty and it will be talked about a whole lot. Really makes him look weak scared and unsure of what he is doing. no exactly what a HC should look like less than a week before the season.
I think it is pretty telling that the ESPN article about this reads really poorly. They don’t give Deion an ounce of cover which speaks to how bad of a look this was.

During the exchange, Keeler asked multiple times if he could ask a football question and Sanders declined before moving on to a reporter who asked about his birthday plans. The reporter before Keeler at the news conference asked Sanders, "How important is it for everyone to have Aflac as part of their life?" (Sanders is a paid spokesperson for the insurance company.)
In his column after the news conference, Keeler described Sanders as "A confident man who suddenly looked and acted and sounded ... afraid."

According to the Post, Sanders has unique language in his contract that says he is required to speak only with "mutually agreed upon media."

In a social media post, Denver Post sports editor Matt Schubert said, "It's well within anyone's right to not take questions from [Denver Post sports reporters and columnists]. The reasons listed here by CU, however, are entirely subjective. It would be more accurate to say, 'We don't like Sean Keeler's critiques of our program.'"

When asked for clarification by the Post, a Colorado sports information staffer told the newspaper "Keeler had not violated any specific media policies."

Sanders has a history as a coach of using his influence to ban reporters from asking questions about his program. In 2021, a Mississippi Clarion Ledger reporter was barred from covering Jackson State, where Sanders was coach, at the Southwestern Athletic Conference media day, a day after the Clarion Ledger published a story related to a court filing about an incoming recruit who had been charged with assaulting a woman.

I have not watched these dumb social media spots by these jokers. Just saw this because I saw they were talking about what city they want to get drafted to.

I wonder if they don't really care what their W-L record is this year (so long as they get their stats).

LINK

But, maybe Vanderbilt.

But, maybe Vanderbilt.
I would fuckin love to see CU get it's shit rocked vs NDSU.....I just am afraid their DBs are not going to be able to cover CU's WRs. I'll be very surprised if they can.

I'm a "stars matter" type of guy and people have to understand, NDSU is getting recruits AFTER your bottom feeder B1G and SEC teams select theirs. I just don't see how NDSU is gonna have 4 DBs and 2 safeties that can cover multiple NFL WRs.

As always though, I hope I'm wrong and NDSU wins by 2 TDs.

I would fuckin love to see CU get it's shit rocked vs NDSU.....I just am afraid their DBs are not going to be able to cover CU's WRs. I'll be very surprised if they can.

I'm a "stars matter" type of guy and people have to understand, NDSU is getting recruits AFTER your bottom feeder B1G and SEC teams select theirs. I just don't see how NDSU is gonna have 4 DBs and 2 safeties that can cover multiple NFL WRs.

As always though, I hope I'm wrong and NDSU wins by 2 TDs.
Yeah, I'm thinking Colorado scores too fast for NDSU to even cover.

I think CU has enough explosive athletes that they’ll score on almost everyone they play, including Nebraska. That said, they won’t be able to run or stop the run. If game planned correctly, that’ll be their undoing week in and week out.

Colorado averaged 20.25 points after Shurmur took over playcalling last season. They are going to miss Lewis this year.
Agreed - I just don't think you'll see that in the NDSU game. NDSU game is gonna be a clear "you can't cover me" game. When you got that WR/DB matchup, it frankly doesn't matter who's calling the plays. Shedeur can get wide open guys the ball. They're biggest problem is if the OL lays an absolute egg. But I think they'll perform well enough for CU to win by 21.

Games 2-12...absolutely, will miss Lewis for sure. They will make a bowl though & I'm actually predicting 7-5 for them. They are not the train wreck that NU fans think.

As always, I hope I'm wrong and they go 4-8 again.

Agreed - I just don't think you'll see that in the NDSU game. NDSU game is gonna be a clear "you can't cover me" game. When you got that WR/DB matchup, it frankly doesn't matter who's calling the plays. Shedeur can get wide open guys the ball. They're biggest problem is if the OL lays an absolute egg. But I think they'll perform well enough for CU to win by 21.

Games 2-12...absolutely, will miss Lewis for sure. They will make a bowl though & I'm actually predicting 7-5 for them. They are not the train wreck that NU fans think.

As always, I hope I'm wrong and they go 4-8 again.
Probably right against NDSU, big step up from FCS to Big 12.

I have them going 4-8, losses to Nebraska, UCF, Kansas St, Arizona, Texas Tech, Utah, Kansas, and Oklahoma St. I think they are a huge train wreck that everyone will see later in the season as it all falls apart.

Probably right against NDSU, big step up from FCS to Big 12.

I have them going 4-8, losses to Nebraska, UCF, Kansas St, Arizona, Texas Tech, Utah, Kansas, and Oklahoma St. I think they are a huge train wreck that everyone will see later in the season as it all falls apart.
I hope you're right. I just don't think it's even possible to go 4-8 when you have a top 5 QB in the country. That is very very rare. I don't think I could even think of another example of a team w an elite QB like that going 4-8.

I think they'll at least do 6-6.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back