Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking A-Mart already turning heads at KSU (1 Viewer)

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Sounds like the boy is already shining. I’m gonna laugh and laugh when he has a massive year and all the stupid ass “who’s gonna come here” drones will have rotten egg in their mouths
Not saying you’re right or wrong but a few stats I’d like you to track this year and report back…

Kstate win/loss record

Kstate strength of schedule (compare it to SOS of Nebraska’s last 4 years)

Kstate games won by team effort (we all know Martinez doesn’t lack effort)

Kstate games lost by lack of team effort vs Martinez fuckups

Martinez game winning drives

Martinez frequency of Injury

Martinez “It’s on me I’ve got to be better speeches in pressers”

Anyone else feel free to add to this list with pertinent stats which someone include Martinez that we’d like to see at the end of the 2022 season

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Martinez will do well at KSUcks. I'm guessing if he has a really good season the frost apologists will ignore it and continue to blame him for our struggles under Frost.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
Martinez will do well at KSUcks. I'm guessing if he has a really good season the frost apologists will ignore it and continue to blame him for our struggles under Frost.
Are you denying that 2AM was a huge choker?

(And “No” I’m not a Frost-apologist)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
What I'll be interested in seeing is:
A. Turnovers
B. How his time to throw changes.

Last year was 3.11. 2018 was the shortest because he took off running at the first sign of pressure. 2021 he threw under pressure 45% of the time compared to 25-30% the other 3 years. I don't know how much of that was him taking longer to decide what he was going to do vs blocking vs more of an inclination to take off running or forcing a throw.

His freshman year he seemed to be the most decisive. Problem was his decision was almost always taking off running. Production wise that was fine but he already ran too much exposing him to injuries. His last year was probably the best scrambling but still looking to throw.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
There's not a QB in the history of football that would've looked good with our OL & offensive coaching staff. Clearly Frost & Friends are not and were not P5-quality coaches.
You didn’t answer my question.

Choker or not? Yes or no?

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
how players play is generally a reflection on the coaching they are receiving. Martinez struggled in so many areas like going through his progressions, make the right reads, not lock in on receivers, ball security......... Coaching Matters.

I remember watching a program about Pete Carrol coaching during his winning times at USC. It was really eye opening as to how he interacted with the players and the confidence they claimed he gave them. Pete taught and trained them how to think & act during games plus how to react during adversity. The players mentioned they felt prepared for anything and if the game was on the line they all had cool heads in the huddle, no freaking out. Let the other team make the mistakes that will cost them the game. It was one of the main things the players credited to all of their big victories in close games. Great Coaching and preparedness.

Coach Carrol instilled confidence plus had them fully prepared which allowed them to accel under pressure. The confidence he instilled in them made them feel like they were always going to win the game. Traits like that are what make a great CEO/Leader/Coach and I just haven't seen much of that from Frost.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds