Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

I have a question. Isn't Washington already the national champion now? (1 Viewer)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
*in my best Joe Pesci voice

"I'm trying understand here, maybe I'm a little fucked up...."

Isn't Washington already the champion now? I mean Michigan cheated to get where they are. Their coach was suspended by their conference for .....reasons.....
There is an investigation and the NCAA is going to either have to ignore the cheating or make Michigan vacate those wins.

I mean I follow sports pretty closely and I still can't understand why it's business as usual and people are going on like that stuff never happened. The fucking FBI was involved at one point. People lost their jobs.

WTF am I missing? Are we really gonna play all the games out and then announce what was going on later? Am I taking crazy pills?

Can somebody clue me in?
Even if Michigan vacates the title somehow everyone will still know they won it all. Reggie Bush really won the Heisman. No one remembers who got second place. Michigan should be punished for what they did, but they ended up proving they can still beat some of the best teams down the stretch without their cheating ways.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Even if Michigan vacates the title somehow everyone will still know they won it all. Reggie Bush really won the Heisman. No one remembers who got second place. Michigan should be punished for what they did, but they ended up proving they can still beat some of the best teams down the stretch without their cheating ways.
Exactly. It's a small blurb on ESPN.com 5 years from now that they vacated

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
It's crazy up against the backdrop of having an open investigation on the talent acquisition side (covid era recruiting violations) and in game violations (illegal scouting) combined with Harbs being on the hot seat prior that we're just going to pretend this is on the up and up
hear no evil speaknoevil GIF

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
The question is would they have gotten to the CFB playoffs the last few years without their cheating ways? It's easy to say - well yeah the teams they beat were better than the ones they faced in the regular season. It's reasonably rare for teams to go undefeated during the regular season due to upsets, injuries, etc.

I think it's a plausible argument. Nobody can say with 100% certainty that their records would've been the same the last 3 years if they wouldn't have been cheating. That could affect whether they even get into the playoffs. Just my .02 cents.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
The question is would they have gotten to the CFB playoffs the last few years without their cheating ways? It's easy to say - well yeah the teams they beat were better than the ones they faced in the regular season. It's reasonably rare for teams to go undefeated during the regular season due to upsets, injuries, etc.

I think it's a plausible argument. Nobody can say with 100% certainty that their records would've been the same the last 3 years if they wouldn't have been cheating. That could affect whether they even get into the playoffs. Just my .02 cents.
We won’t ever know. I do know they beat the best teams this year without the advantage. The biggest thing that interested me after the cheating scandal came out was how they finished the season.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds