Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Inside Info What we know on the Rivals vs Tater Island Situation (1 Viewer)

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Great info @HuskerGarrett. I know I have had my differences with Dean in the past but I definitely feel for him. He's worked hard building his brand. How's this for a crazy COnspiracy Theory? What if Tater Island knew of this issue and could be taking advantage of Dean's shoddy lawyer. They get Dean to move subscribers over but knowing that he wouldn't be able to fulfill his obligations running the site. Site becomes more valuable to sell to someone else if it already has a big subscriber base.
I’d bet there is more to this than any of us recognize.

Toe

Wide Receiver
He owns the K-State rivals site.

Got some sauce on that? I mean it makes sense considering that he described the issue as "non-Nebraska related publishing obligations," I've just never heard that.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Got some sauce on that? I mean it makes sense considering that he described the issue as "non-Nebraska related publishing obligations," I've just never heard that.

No sauce. It’s been rumored for a while. The board has no publisher listed on rivals, just staff writer and recruiting analyst. It’s also called “KStateOnline” so it fits the “HuskerOnline” naming convention. It’s the only thing I can think of that explains dean’s current pickle.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Great info @HuskerGarrett. I know I have had my differences with Dean in the past but I definitely feel for him. He's worked hard building his brand. How's this for a crazy COnspiracy Theory? What if Tater Island knew of this issue and could be taking advantage of Dean's shoddy lawyer. They get Dean to move subscribers over but knowing that he wouldn't be able to fulfill his obligations running the site. Site becomes more valuable to sell to someone else if it already has a big subscriber base.
You never know. Business world is filled with weasels like that.

Conspiracy wouldn't work from the Tater Island point of view though because no one would buy a site that cheated to get subscribers like that. It's one thing to cheat to get 5,000 subscribers at $1 apiece.... It's quite another thing to have those subscribers come back and renew and renew year after year.

Any buyer would know that those 5,000 subscribers aren't likely to stick around. Most moved bc of Dean. If he's out of the equation then they're out. No one would pay money for a subscriber base built this way. It'd be kn incredibly weak footing.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Siap,

Sounds like rivals is bringing back Nate.

Star Trek GIF

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Rule #1 of practicing law: Clients are dumb and often won’t do what you say.

Rule #2 of practicing law: Lawyers can’t change rule #1.

cc: @Kaladin @KidsSeeGhosts
I am a consultant and this rule applies to everyone who bills their clients by the hour.

Don’t fucking look at me when you do the exact opposite of what I told you and shit starts falling apart all around you.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Sounds like no TT anymore either. Whatever they call themselves now is essentially useless without that. Wasn't even a Chat on Tuesday

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
It’s probably killing him not to be able to post about the various Ireland ticket packages available and to tell some kneeslappers about having one too many stouts there.
Doesn’t matter anyway…….will be announced later today that the game has been moved to Vegas. All PB members will be given a $500 credit at Bellagios…….😎😍💰

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds