Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Inside Info What we know on the Rivals vs Tater Island Situation (1 Viewer)

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
In the past I would describe his legal representation as (at minimum) decent.

That being said, a lawyer can only do so much when they have a loser client. (like Dean)
Who represented him in the past?

I figured Dean would have a big firm like Kutak or Baird doing his stuff

#HBD

Safety
Elite Member
Paraphrasing what we have been told by an inside source to the situation:

The staff that is (attempting) to transition from Rivals to Tater Island is *extremely* stressed about the ongoing legal situation. They were apparently close to a settlement yesterday but it would have likely entailed them operating at less than full functionality for some time. From this I infer it is a non-compete issue in which Rivals is claiming that Sean is using some Rivals IP/confidential info. In addition, someone else said they heard from another staff member that Rivals was drafting a request for injunctive relief shortly after midnight yesterday. That is the common remedy provided in the contract when the party owning the IP believes there has been a breach in contract.

As stated, the staff was very stressed. They had a TT and recruiting info written that they were unable to post or had to change the timing. It seems that Rivals has played a card to interfere with the launch of the staff to Tater Island to buy time for their new guy and they were successful so far.

To me, it looks like Sean is in a world of hurt.
  • Terry says this is between Sean and Rivals
  • Terry says he has Sipple and will add more content providers soon
  • Terry says he has the name as of 9/1/22 but pointedly avoids stating Sean's team can start then
  • Terry also makes a point of saying Sean could not show up as scheduled.
From my perspective, why would he need Sean now? By 9/1 he should already be up and running fine without him. Sean is currently unable to fulfill his contractual obligation to Tater Island, Terry technically will not owe him anything. Terry will capture most of the market, Rivals will retain the rest. Right now from what I have heard, it sounds bad. Everything I have heard comes across as "poor Sean, he is such a good guy. Too bad this happened to him but onwards and upward!"

Take it for what it's worth.
Door is wide open for you to snatch up that market share, amigo!!

E110E42A-6BFB-4BDF-B8F2-9414EA89088D.gif

Also…….

A6CCAF2C-E80F-46FB-9A2E-069C9D9B8D85.gif

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Who represented him in the past?

I figured Dean would have a big firm like Kutak or Baird doing his stuff

Lol Kutak?

Garth Glissman wouldn’t even answer his call.

The time I saw them in a filing (back then they were still Huskers Illustrated) they had Snowden in Lincoln representing them.

Good firm, nothing to sneeze at. (which is why I said they have had at minimum decent legal representation)

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG

The staff that is (attempting) to transition from Rivals to Tater Island is *extremely* stressed about the ongoing legal situation. They were apparently close to a settlement yesterday but it would have likely entailed them operating at less than full functionality for some time. From this I infer it is a non-compete issue in which Rivals is claiming that Sean is using some Rivals IP/confidential info. In addition, someone else said they heard from another staff member that Rivals was drafting a request for injunctive relief shortly after midnight yesterday. That is the common remedy provided in the contract when the party owning the IP believes there has been a breach in contract.

As stated, the staff was very stressed. They had a TT and recruiting info written that they were unable to post or had to change the timing. It seems that Rivals has played a card to interfere with the launch of the staff to Tater Island to buy time for their new guy and they were successful so far.

• Terry says he has the name as of 9/1/22 but pointedly avoids stating Sean's team can start then
From my perspective, why would he need Sean now? By 9/1 he should already be up and running fine without him. Sean is currently unable to fulfill his contractual obligation to Tater Island, Terry technically will not owe him anything. Terry will capture most of the market, Rivals will retain the rest. Right now from what I have heard, it sounds bad. Everything I have heard comes across as "poor Sean, he is such a good guy. Too bad this happened to him but onwards and upward!"

tPB bringing the HIGH DICK HEAT as always! Thanks G!

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Dean right now

1 of the greatest shows/3 seasons of all time

Holy shit it’s been like 4 years since I binged it, looks like I got some plans for the weekend
0398f4659e4b764f86cc01fcd612e635.gif

Snockered69

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Dean is a know it all maroon. His cheap skate ass definitely picked the lower middle tier lawyer and called it a "splurge."

Karma finds it's way.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Great info @HuskerGarrett. I know I have had my differences with Dean in the past but I definitely feel for him. He's worked hard building his brand. How's this for a crazy COnspiracy Theory? What if Tater Island knew of this issue and could be taking advantage of Dean's shoddy lawyer. They get Dean to move subscribers over but knowing that he wouldn't be able to fulfill his obligations running the site. Site becomes more valuable to sell to someone else if it already has a big subscriber base.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
What if...and hear me out on this...tPB brought Dean on as a staff member after all of this. He's only able to report on World News. But he has to do it JUST like he does his shitty Nebraska coverage.

Instead of that dumbass Notre Dame Cheerleader pic he posted the other day - it would be a selfie of him and Osama Bin Laden's wives in Burkas. Instead of the picture from the Irish bar when talking about the NW Game he would have to post a picture of a metal mug filled with sketchy water and a paper plate of rice from a bomb shelter in Kiev. He can post pictures of him with world leaders - but not the real ones - it has to be Kim Jong Un's Lead Golfing Ambassador, so we can still say "couldn't get access to the main man?"

He also has to work in puns to do with Nebraska football in each story "Russia is dropping bombs as though they are Kenny Bell blocking for Jamal Turner in the B1G Championship Game..."

"Osama is as dead as Frost's chances closing out a 4th quarter with a 12 point lead against Cockeye"

You get the point...

And here's the kicker - his home office has to be out of Chile.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

In the interim is there any chance you could hire Dean to write articles for tPB until he can get a paycheck from Tater Island? Dean is a Husker Fan and we do take care of our own. And how funny would that be even just offering him a job? We could start a GoFundMe for him

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
In the interim is there any chance you could hire Dean to write articles for tPB until he can get a paycheck from Tater Island? Dean is a Husker Fan and we do take care of our own. And how funny would that be even just offering him a job? We could start a GoFundMe for him
I cannot tell you how on board I am with this. The pickle he'd be in would be FANTASTIC.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
As Bobot would say,
All he is…he’s a policy guy. He’s a lawyer who sits behind the desk and pushes a pen all day. And you guys know

So hopefully he brings someone in here that is strong, that has some leadership skills.

I’m sure they will go do that.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
What is weird to me is that the OSU, Texas, and a few others have all made the moves. Dean's site seems to be the only one having issues moving, so it seems that Rivals must have different contracts for the different team sites.
I would guess that those other Rivals defectors were smart enough to leave EVERYTHING with Rivals - name, branding, etc. Dean has been hellbent on keeping the HOL name and branding and it looks like that's what's fucked this entire thing up.

Dean let his hubris/sentimentality lead his decision making on this one and it's really fucked things up. His brand has zero to do with the HOL name. His value is in the 1,000s of subscribers he brings with him. Maybe over 10,000. I don't know.

Someone should have advised Dean that it's not worth the hassle to fight for the HOL name. He got bad advice. He should have just followed those other Rivals defectors' templates and he'd be fine right now. But he had to try to flex on the HOL name. Bad, bad decision.

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Dude reach out to him and offer him a job @HuskerGarrett

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds