Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What 4 teams get in? (3 Viewers)

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas

The SEC should get hammered for playing eight conference games and the committee should note that when they exclude them. Bama should have been beaten the week before by an Auburn team that lost to New Mexico State by 20 the week before that. The SEC also went 7-9 out of conference this year. If they don't keep them out, then the committee loses all credibility in my mind.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Easy…

1) Michigan
2) Washington
3) FSU
4) Texas (beat sec champ)

What i would like to see for sake of entertainment..

1) Michigan
2) Washington
3) Texas
4) Alabama

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
Will they choose the four best ... or most deserving? "It is best," CFP executive director Bill Hancock said on Tuesday. "Most deserving is not anything in the committee's lexicon. They are to rank the best teams in order, and that's what they do. Just keep that word in mind, best teams."

They're going to fuck this up for sure.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Will they choose the four best ... or most deserving? "It is best," CFP executive director Bill Hancock said on Tuesday. "Most deserving is not anything in the committee's lexicon. They are to rank the best teams in order, and that's what they do. Just keep that word in mind, best teams."

Why even play the fucking games?

Bama v UGA beat of 7 every season. No other teams ever have to play

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Michigan
FSU
Texas
Alabama

What is the Pac 12 gonna do, complain? There isn't even a Pac 12 anymore. Fuck them.

Last edited:

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member

That clause basically guarantees they're going to put the SEC in every year. Even though they shouldn't be this year. Texas beat the SEC champion.

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
FSU deserves to be there. But are they really one of the best four?

I think FSU gets slaughtered by any of the three other teams. Would seem to be a waste of a CFP game.
If we really want the 4 best and FSU isn't one of them, my 4th pick is tOSU over Bama personally

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman
Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas

The SEC should get hammered for playing eight conference games and the committee should note that when they exclude them. Bama should have been beaten the week before by an Auburn team that lost to New Mexico State by 20 the week before that. The SEC also went 7-9 out of conference this year. If they don't keep them out, then the committee loses all credibility in my mind.
Also unless an undefeated team comes out of the mountain MAC or conference USA they shouldn't get jumped by a one loss team. It's not like Texas was ranked No. 1 at the time they were ranked 11th
If we really want the 4 best and FSU isn't one of them, my 4th pick is tOSU over Bama personally
I think Florida St deserves a chance to play considering they are undefeated and had to win two games on their third string QB.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Florida St should get in based on being a13-0 P5 conference champ. But even if you take a pure 4 best teams approach, I'm not even sure Alabama is a better team. If we think back all the way to one week ago, they needed a miracle to beat a dogshit Auburn team that had just lost to New Mexico State by 21 points at home. South Florida played Western Kentucky week 1 and Alabama week 3 and their bigger loss was to Western Kentucky. They were #8 for a reason.

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Florida St
5. Alabama
6. Georgia
7. Ohio St

African American Reaction GIF

Last edited:

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Georgia’s resume really is pretty poor. Only big wins they have were Ole Miss and Mizzou. Other than that, pretty simple schedule this year.

But I don’t see them keeping the 2 time defending champ out of a 4 team playoff when you’re talking a shitty-ACC undefeated representative and a host of 1 loss teams.
Agree. Bama deserves it more and proved they're the better team.

redzoner

Cornerback
Scrolling through articles this morning and I'm surprised that there is a number of media claiming the SEC should be left out.

In the past their strength of teams and non-conference play held them up but that doesn't exist this year. It's finally time to be penalized for that.

People thinking you are good shouldn't be enough. You have to have some sore of resume and they don't have it this year.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Michigan
Washington
FSU
Bama

Bama beats Michigan round one
Washington beats the noles

Bama beats Washington. The SEC wins again 😞

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think it was Leach, in his wonderful “let’s have a playoff” rant, that basically argued our way forward is to go backward. Expand to 64 if you’re going to do a playoff. Do an 8 game in-conference only regular season, and your non conference starts in week 9 with the tourney. Would make both regular season and post season matter.

The question is always “how do we get guaranteed number of games” Let the losing schools schedule non-cons as they exit to keep a guaranteed number of games for budgets, etc.

Imagine if once knocked out this weekend, we got Georgia/Oregon next week as bonus ball. Or Ohio St/Texas. Or Nebraska/San Jose St. fucking timeless matchups.
Not a bad idea. It's too late now since the P4 conferences are so big.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds