Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking WanDale enters transfer portal

E
I think the more tater take is to overblow this one. Weird circumstance all around.
Every time something goes south for Frost everyone spins it into a positive. I think we’re officially in denial.

Not sure who sees it as a positive. Think it got drug out long enough nobody was surprised. Reason for it doesn't really matter. Any way you look at it losing is the base problem.
Exactly. Not a positive. We just all accepted it as happening. So...now what?

Im sure there’s a lot. I also am sure he’s going to get the time to correct those mistakes he feels he made and see what happens. I do think he’s our guy and I do believe that we are close.
Had a conversation with a current captain recently (family friend is dating him so he was at the same get together) toxic culture there currently, not sure how you change that

Had a conversation with a current captain recently (family friend is dating him so he was at the same get together) toxic culture there currently, not sure how you change that
Care to elaborate on the toxic culture part?

Care to elaborate? Heard the opposite from a lot of people, but I’m open to hearing what you’ve been told.

Care to elaborate on the toxic culture part?
Just said lots of guys don’t get along at all, and that there is clear tension between some assistants and frost and players and coaches, said this whole year and everything that came with it was difficult. I didn’t press him much on it got the feeling he didn’t want to get into to much. I caught him towards the end of the night so I’m sure I was the 10th+ person to ask him about football. I don’t claim to be and insider and just bring some stuff here and there as I hear it.

Just said lots of guys don’t get along at all, and that there is clear tension between some assistants and frost and players and coaches, said this whole year and everything that came with it was difficult. I didn’t press him much on it got the feeling he didn’t want to get into to much. I caught him towards the end of the night so I’m sure I was the 10th+ person to ask him about football. I don’t claim to be and insider and just bring some stuff here and there as I hear it.
Kade Warner?

toxic culture there currently, not sure how you change that
Thanks for the info. This just really sounds to me like a situation where losing is the main culprit and if we were winning more a lot of these tensions between players-players, players-coaches, coaches-coaches (which I’m guessing are relatively common amongst teams - especially in Covid weirdness) would not be as intense or prevalent.

It's a mixed bag. Staff definitely went out of their way in a lot of ways to try and make Wandale happy. Dude was given a lot of touches and we played Spielman (probably our best offensive weapon in 2019) out of position all year in order to integrate Wandale. The RB depth the last couple years obviously hurt. Pretty clear that no one else in the room really had the same burst out of the backfield that Wandale did. Ran him between the tackles a bit too much (and probably more than the coaches would have liked to), but it's funny that people complain about personnel usage when Marvin Scott (or fucking Wyatt Mazour) wouldn't gain the same yardage Wandale did.

Honestly, Wandale's most effective role was probably a scat back. J.D. was a better pure receiver and most of Wandale's big plays here came out of the backfield. I don't know that he ever really housed someone in the open field as a receiver (he had a pretty good TD against Illinois in 2019 that sticks out). He really struggles w/ physical secondary play, and dude benefits from orbit motion to for separation. Not at all saying he was a bad player or won't be missed, but I don't know that his usage was really that off from his skill set.

I mean... there are weirdos, and then there's this guy. Dafuq motives people to do something like this

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back