Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Walked out and quit my job today (1 Viewer)

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
I worked at Kawasaki, through a temp agency, for about a month in college. It was a good job but my dad was a poet and we didn’t fix shit. The first time I ever had power tools was at Kawasaki. They moved me to the rim department where I was the only one who spoke English.

I actually liked a few of the jobs in that department but one day they introduced new welds that I was supposed to check. I didn’t do it right and my 50 something old foreman berated me for about twenty minutes. I learned a valuable lesson to stick to jobs that I’m good at. I spent two weeks living off plasma money and pina coladas before decided to just de tassel corn again.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
uh...the one on the boat in the pic that I re-posted of yours ^^^
Unfortunately that weekend I got a little phucked up and fell off my buddies dock when I was taking a leak. Lost most of the pictures because my phone wasn't properly backed up. And there were some great pictures from them and other friends who had visited. I do have some videos that she actually sent me but most are not safe to share due to some missing bikini tops and other shenanigans. I can't in good faith share those. And as for pictures I don't want to show their faces as in most cases we are more than just friends, and would like to keep it that way. Can never have too many hot chicks in bikini's wanting to visit

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
I worked at Kawasaki, through a temp agency, for about a month in college. It was a good job but my dad was a poet and we didn’t fix shit. The first time I ever had power tools was at Kawasaki. They moved me to the rim department where I was the only one who spoke English.

I actually liked a few of the jobs in that department but one day they introduced new welds that I was supposed to check. I didn’t do it right and my 50 something old foreman berated me for about twenty minutes. I learned a valuable lesson to stick to jobs that I’m good at. I spent two weeks living off plasma money and pina coladas before decided to just de tassel corn again.

This a good example of why staying in your lane, while a mean thing to say to strangers on the internet, is still probably a good idea. (and I say it to strangers on the internet)

It reminds me of my brother's story of trying to work at my grandpa and two great uncle's Electrical/Appliance sales/Plumbing/HVAC business. He lasted almost two days, but still lived at home so it didn't come down to plasma donations.

The family had a second store in the town next door that was only for appliance sales. There was a fire that damaged all of the appliances, but didn't kill them all, so the insurance company paid for all of them as a complete loss, but let us keep any of them that we wanted. My mom's refrigerator is still going strong after suffering that fire in 1995.

FFS, I feel like stucknks or @Johannes de Silentio already, but anyways...Grandpa hired my brother to clean the refrigerators and dryers that could be salvaged, and get them ready to get painted at the body shop. My youngest great uncle gave my brother so much shit about not cleaning well or fast enough that bro walked out on day 1.25. I'm not sure how he got home since he couldn't drive yet, but it's only a little over a mile from the store to the house.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I quit a job with a medical staffing company about 10 or so years ago. It was the worst job of all time. They tracked your call time and call numbers to doctors, medical facilities, medical groups, etc. each day and you would get two reports a day to see how you stacked up. The quota was for 75 calls or 3.5hrs of phone time per day. If you went a couple of days without hitting those numbers, you better believe you were getting pulled aside by a manager.

The capper for me, however, was when I showed up for work in a dress shirt, dress slacks and loafers (no socks). A manager pulled me aside and told me I had to put on socks immediately. I said I didn't have any and he said I had to go buy some immediately.

As you can guess, this was an extremely high turnover company. They had constant recruiting "classes" with 15-20 new hires ongoing for two weeks at a time until they stuffed you in a cubical.

Anyway, one morning when I finally decided I had enough, I asked the 2 team VP's plus my manager to "hold back for a bit," following our morning team meeting. I told them I was done. They walked me back to my desk, got me a cardboard box, took my credentials and walked my happy ass out of the door that very morning. No 2 weeks notice or outgoing transition. No exit interview. Best work decision I ever made.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I quit a job with a medical staffing company about 10 or so years ago. It was the worst job of all time. They tracked your call time and call numbers to doctors, medical facilities, medical groups, etc. each day and you would get two reports a day to see how you stacked up. The quota was for 75 calls or 3.5hrs of phone time per day. If you went a couple of days without hitting those numbers, you better believe you were getting pulled aside by a manager.

The capper for me, however, was when I showed up for work in a dress shirt, dress slacks and loafers (no socks). A manager pulled me aside and told me I had to put on socks immediately. I said I didn't have any and he said I had to go buy some immediately.

As you can guess, this was an extremely high turnover company. They had constant recruiting "classes" with 15-20 new hires ongoing for two weeks at a time until they stuffed you in a cubical.

Anyway, one morning when I finally decided I had enough, I asked the 2 team VP's plus my manager to "hold back for a bit," following our morning team meeting. I told them I was done. They walked me back to my desk, got me a cardboard box, took my credentials and walked my happy ass out of the door that very morning. No 2 weeks notice or outgoing transition. No exit interview. Best work decision I ever made.
Thats a tough world. Have one client thats successful at it but hates life. Couple others that were in and out within months.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

I work in recruiting and talent acquisition. I’ve been at a company like that too. It sucked

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
Unfortunately that weekend I got a little phucked up and fell off my buddies dock when I was taking a leak. Lost most of the pictures because my phone wasn't properly backed up. And there were some great pictures from them and other friends who had visited. I do have some videos that she actually sent me but most are not safe to share due to some missing bikini tops and other shenanigans. I can't in good faith share those. And as for pictures I don't want to show their faces as in most cases we are more than just friends, and would like to keep it that way. Can never have too many hot chicks in bikini's wanting to visit

+1 to all of that and continue the good work yore doing

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds